epic

epic

Enlightened
Aug 9, 2019
I think I am having a panic attack . I feel intense fear of dying . I feel as if I might lose consciousness or lose balance while standing. None of those things have happened but I am very frightened . I am drinking loads of water, walking around the room, then laying down then walking around again . I feel a little light headed and nauseatic.
What should I do ? How long does this last ?
One moment I was fine in the next 10 minutes I went bonkers. It's been half an hour.

Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
= cld b a panc attck

U cn also fill a sink wth cool watr & pt u fce in2 it & hld ur brth fr 20 secnds if u r abl

Last edited:
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I feel you. Benzodiapines are very effective to treat them too. I have a bunch of them for an emergency situation and knowing I have them gives me some comfort.

Reactions: Lammpz, NumbItAll and epic
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Yeah it sounds like a panic attack. Challenge your negative thoughts, replace them with more realistic, positive helpful thoughts. Practice them. It'll probably come and go for 20 minutes. Propranolol should help with some of the symptoms

• Love
Reactions: epic
epic

epic

Enlightened
Aug 9, 2019
I have calmed down fairly . There is still some fear and lightheadedness but I hope it gets resolved.
Thank you all :)
= cld b a panc attck

U cn also fill a sink wth cool watr & pt u fce in2 it & hld ur brth fr 20 secnds if u r abl

The first one helped thanks :)
I feel you. Benzodiapines are very effective to treat them too. I have a bunch of them for an emergency situation and knowing I have them gives me some comfort.
Good suggestion I will buy some for next time. If you don't mind me asking how much pill (like full, half. quarter) do you take per panic attack .

Yeah it sounds like a panic attack. Challenge your negative thoughts, replace them with more realistic, positive helpful thoughts. Practice them. It'll probably come and go for 20 minutes. Propranolol should help with some of the symptoms
It lasted for an hour and a half. It came and went as you said.

Last edited:
epic

epic

Enlightened
Aug 9, 2019
UPDATE:
I have calmed down completely. I still feel a bit off balance when I walk around . I need to see a doctor.

VioletNight

VioletNight

Student
Jan 24, 2023
I've gotten those a lot over the past few years, super scary and you totally think you're going to die during them. Honestly sometimes just sitting and breathing helps me, or just putting all my focus into something. Definitely worth seeing a doctor to be safe though!

• Hugs
Reactions: epic