Decayed

Decayed

Oct 16, 2023
does anyone have any pro the right to die media/articles that i could show my bf he is obviously not very pro choice when it comes to these things however im hoping to at least show him why i think i have the right to chose to ctb and that its not "pro suicide" but pro making a informed decision based on your own circumstances.

• Hugs
Reactions: pain6batch9
C

chester

Student
Aug 1, 2024
As someone whose significant other died recently, I'm going to tell you just one thing: don't expect him to want to let you go. If he loves you, then being together matters to him more than anything in the world. And experiencing the death of someone you love is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. That's actually what brought me to this forum, because my loss has destroyed me.

I don't know what your reasons for CTB are and I'm not here to judge them. All I'm saying is, if he loves you, then don't expect him to give up on trying to keep you alive. No matter what you tell him, he won't lose hope as long as you're breathing. That's the hard truth, unfortunately.

• Love
Reactions: pain6batch9
pain6batch9

pain6batch9

Chronic
Aug 25, 2024
I would say, completely detached from my own pro-choice views, there are people in my life who I love that I would wholeheartedly try to keep alive by any means necessary. They may not be suicidal and I know this is completely hypocritical, but I'm a human and I have duality like any other human.

I do think about it though, from the other side. Recently I've considered how I would react if a loved one asked for my help in CTB. I do think, given the right illness, I probably would. An additional marker might be the fact I'd be the only one strong enough to do it. (I'm thinking of a very specific circumstance here.)

I know that's not what you're saying here, you're looking for understanding. I think, it takes a particularly strong individual to achieve that level of understanding. I think before I'd ask for it, I'd try to achieve it myself. Whether I'm successful in that endeavour is another matter entirely.

Reactions: Preh1storic_Rib and Decayed
AbusedInnocent

AbusedInnocent

Enemy brain ain't cooperating
Apr 5, 2024
You should discuss it with him yourself, have a rational argument.

If we're going to share media there's a lot more pro-life media out there so he's going to win.