• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
how do I do full suspension? would nylon rope be enough? and I haven't seen a tree in my local area that seems like it could handle me (I'm 6'2 and around 75kg) so what could I hang from?

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
If you see something that might work, grab it with both hands and see if it supports you. That really is the only way.

Reactions: FutureHanger
february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
From my own research I've seen that thicker material is better for full hanging, thicker than you'd think (I think at least thicker than 1"?)

But really it would come down to whether or not the rope could hold you. I would do some serious testing on both the rope and any anchor points you might find

I'm having similar trouble finding a suitable anchor point. Personally I'm aiming for a good tree, but I've also seen strong metal anchors around the underpasses of bridges. I'm still not sure myself. Best of luck to you though

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
Is there a way to ensure I get a blood choke when doing full suspension to make sure I pass out as quickly as possible? Does the rope rly have to be longer than me, or is any lenght ok as long as the rope is strong enough to hold me? What's the lenght even needed for? My best option rn is a paracord rope I have about half my lenght I think. (I'm 140cm tall, I'm a shortie, ik). If my rope still needs to be longer, would tying another paracord rope to it work? If yes, what's the best knot to tie two ropes together with? Tysm in advance, can't handle my crippling anxieties anymore tbh.
Is there a way to ensure I get a blood choke when doing full suspension to make sure I pass out as quickly as possible? Does the rope rly have to be longer than me, or is any lenght ok as long as the rope is strong enough to hold me? What's the lenght even needed for? My best option rn is a paracord rope I have about half my lenght I think. (I'm 140cm tall, I'm a shortie, ik). If my rope still needs to be longer, would tying another paracord rope to it work? If yes, what's the best knot to tie two ropes together with? Tysm in advance, can't handle my crippling anxieties anymore tbh.

Also yes, I'm back. But not for long, hoping to be dead soon tbh.

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
Unfortunately no-one is gonna be able to answer the one about the blood choke in full suspension but all I can advise (for when I almost tried to) is to position and secure the noose where you feel your pulse and probably best to try pulling on the rope before you lower yourself just to make sure that it's not gonna choke your air off as this will either make for a slower road to unconsciousness or it'll trigger a strong bout of SI. Although paracord is good rope for hanging I'd say that double braided mooring rope is also as good if not better because the machine woven loop at the end can be thrown over your anchor so that you can thread the other end of the rope through as opposed to having to do a knot at the anchor point. I wouldn't advise tying 2 ropes together because that'll mean you'll have X3 rather than x2 knots to worry about breaking as you hang. You wanna reduce the amount of things that can go wrong. If you need to shorten the rope you're then able to just throw/loop it over the anchor point until you get the desired length.

God at 1m40 tall you must weigh about 110lbs or 50kg, so lucky as that'll probably feel easier in full suspension. Your height makes it so easy to choose any number of places. You're not a child at all are you?

Well yeah, I'm somewhere around 50kg. Not sure about my exact weight as I've been loosing a lot of weight lately. No, I'm not a child, I'm 23, I'm just rly short coz my genes + I'm half asian.

Sadly I don't have the paracords anymore, would a charging cable work? I don't have many options left rn :/ I would wait until I had more options if I could, but it'll be several months until I do, and I can't bear to live much longer tbh. Ik some ppl use bed sheets, but how tf am I supposed to even tie that stuff??? I've tried before and I just can't get it tied properly coz it's so thick it's near impossible to tie at all! I don't get how ppl do it. Do you happen to know? Or does anybody else for that matter?

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
You can buy hooks in the DIY market where it is described what weight they carry.
Another thing is installing them. If you properly install it though, you know it will carry your weight.
Guess the pull-up bar has already been mentioned here.

Last edited:
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Is there a way to ensure I get a blood choke when doing full suspension
No, no such a thing as blood choke for full suspension.

Rope is better for full suspension both for holding your weight better and passing out faster but people have used long scarfs, bedsheets and the like.

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
No, no such a thing as blood choke for full suspension.

Rope is better for full suspension both for holding your weight better and passing out faster but people have used long scarfs, bedsheets and the like.

Can't buy anything like that in the store, sry, I'm very limited rn. My only options that I can think of rn is charging cable, different cable that is thicker, scarf and bed sheet, possibly also the thing you put outsite a duvet. Witch one of these would be best in terms of efficiensy and comfort? I have to go on some trip btw, I'll be back in about an hour, I'll reply to you then :) Thanks btw!
No don't use a charging cable it's too thin and uncomfortable and will more than likely trigger SI and leave a horrible mark. If you must use a cable then use something like a mains extension cable.
Yes bed sheets will work either to tie into a slip knot or an overhand loop knot of you're using both ends of the sheet at once. Your other option is to basically just thread it over the anchor and wrap it around your neck a few times. Ideally subscribe to 'watch people die' and type - 'hangs himself'. You'll see how to wrap sheets or clothing properly, sort of.

K, thanks, I'll look into this when I'm back.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Can't buy anything like that in the store, sry, I'm very limited rn. My only options that I can think of rn is charging cable, different cable that is thicker, scarf and bed sheet, possibly also the thing you put outsite a duvet. Witch one of these would be best in terms of efficiensy and comfort? I have to go on some trip btw, I'll be back in about an hour, I'll reply to you then :) Thanks btw!

K, thanks, I'll look into this when I'm back.
Like @DeaD❌BatterY🔋 mentioned your best bet is to look at hanging videos to understand the different types of ligatures people use and how they use it. Make sure your anchor point and material is strong enough to hold your weight.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I read it loosely as basically what position should the ligature go to ensure it works. A blood choke obviously does occur during full suspension because you'd be compressing the carotid artery with a lot of force (way more than needed) and from what you can hear on most videos air is kinda choked off but I don't hear gasping to the extent that it's totally choking them which is why it's so important in full suspension to not put the noose too low or it might crush your windpipe instead.
Unless someone only weighs around 10kg, during full suspension wherever you put the rope (which will endup being pushed up) your full body weight will close off everything, meaning jugular veins, carotid artery, air way, vertebral artery all will be closed off.

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
I read it loosely as basically what position should the ligature go to ensure it works. A blood choke obviously does occur during full suspension because you'd be compressing the carotid artery with a lot of force (way more than needed) and from what you can hear on most videos air is kinda choked off but I don't hear gasping to the extent that it's totally choking them which is why it's so important in full suspension to not put the noose too low or it might crush your windpipe instead.

I think a scarf might not hold with full suspension too, but a bed sheet will as it's much wider and denser when bunched up.

Ok, thanks, probably going for the bedsheet then, just need to figure out how to tie that thing somehow. At least the slipknot is pretty easy to do.
We can meet half way on this and just agree that from all of what you describe blood is inevitably gonna be prevented from flowing in or out and thus a whole lot more than just a blood choke 💁. What is interesting is that a few people mentioned that they didn't asphyxiate before they abandoned it.

My whole point was that I wanted to pass out as quick as possible lol, I don't care wether it's called a blood choke or not as long as it constricts the arteries. Anyway, I'm probably gonna ctb during the day, idk when yet though.

Last edited:
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
We can meet half way on this and just agree that from all of what you describe blood is inevitably gonna be prevented from flowing in or out and thus a whole lot more than just a blood choke 💁. What is interesting is that a few people mentioned that they didn't asphyxiate before they abandoned it.
I don't think it would matter to agree or disagree it is just the fact and science behind it.

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
Just remember that the pressure on your neck is in gonna be extreme with this because chances are you'd feel pressure in your hand if you were hanging from that so to do it from your neck is something you need to be pretty sure about because you ideally don't wanna have to abandon it seconds in out of panic. I'm just saying this because we spend most of our life on our bums or feet/legs which make our bodyweight seem like nothing.

I am sure about it, I'm trying to convince myself, or my SI rather, that a few seconds to max a few mins of pain and panic is nothing compared to what I've been through and will be going through if I keep going, alternatively I might try hyperventilating or something until I pass out, although I'm unsure about how efficient it is. Any suggestions for getting myself to pass out or the like to overcome my SI would be apreciated. Thank you for helping me out btw. It's much apreciated <3
The important thing really is just restrict as much bloodflow as you can and reduce airflow restriction as best as you can even though you'll still gasp a bit. 👍

I'll do my best, thank you!

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
The best way I'd describe it to anyone is that there's different kinds of pain that can coexist and one can't be ruled out as being tolerable just because the one you experience is really bad.
As far as our mortal enemy SI goes I don't recommend alcohol as it hasn't worked for many and some just puked up during the attempt which naturally forces SI. Sedatives like diazepam or OTC ones like phenergan can help if you don't take too much of it but there's no universal method unfortunately.

I don't have access to meds or alcohol sadly, my will to die is so strong that I'm confident I can overcome my SI if I try hard enough. I tried yesterday and I was so close to jumping it was insane! While I couldn't do it then, I'm convinced I'll be able to do it eventually if I just keep trying. It's like that with a lot of challenges in life, isn't it? I like thinking it's my last challenge in life lol, and one that will reward me greatly if I succeed. I'm not giving up, that's for sure!