Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
So, I have a plushie that's very dear to me, and in a previous stay in a different psych ward I hid two needles inside of it one small and one big. I did manage to localize and get the smallest one out, but I still haven't managed to find and get the big one out of my plushie to this day. The problem is that I'm being transferred to a maximum security unit at some point (I'm in an acute unit atm) and they have metal detectors in there, I'm scared that they're gonna destroy my plushie if they detect the needle and it means everything to me so I rly don't want that to happen. Does anyone know any useful tricks to get the needle safely out of the plushie? I rly don't wanna cut it either as I don't have access to anything to sew it with, also wth would I say to the nurses??? If you know any ways to get it out that doesn't cause too much injuries to the plush pls lmk!

If I can't figure out something, I might have to tell them the truth, and that's kinda scary...

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, leaf4 and littlelungs
littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
How did you get the needles in there in the first place? What kind of needles are they, and do they have a cap or something? Also, how big is the plushie? Sorry about all the questions; I'm just asking so that I don't suggest something to get the needles out that could potentially be dangerous for you.

Just as a little aside, I also understand not wanting to damage the plushie. I've been a huge softie for plushies since I was little because they were a source of comfort and consistency during the whole shitshow that was my childhood, and as a result I kind of assigned a value to them as more than just inanimate objects... I know it sounds crazy but they were almost like my friends, if that makes sense... and it's one of the (many) things that's just stuck with me over the years. I don't know if it's a similar thing for you, but... yeah.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Elysium Searcher, Dead Meat and Silent_cries
settheory

settheory

Bundle of perceptions
Jul 29, 2021
idk, try to squish it in different places and maybe part of the needle will come out

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat and Silent_cries
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: nerve, Dead Meat and Silent_cries
littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
idk, try to squish it in different places and maybe part of the needle will come out

Yeah, that was the first thing that came to mind for me as well. If the plushie isn't some big honkin' thing, it should be fairly easy to get a feel for where it's at, and then just squish the needle outwards and it should poke itself out that way.

If it's a bigger needle, I'd assume that there's a small opening somewhere, as it would have needed to somehow get into the plushie in the first place, so it'd just be the same thing: locate the needle by squishing the plushie, squish the needle towards the opening and it should come out that way. It might be quite tedious and could take a while, but I don't see why that wouldn't work eventually.

Also, if it does end up needing to be sewn shut, I'd just mention to the nurses that there was a rip in the fabric (it can just happen sometimes, especially when the fabric isn't very good quality) and ask them to either lend you some sort of a small (not sharp) clip to keep the tear reasonably closed, or if they'd even be willing to stitch it up for you real quick if they're having some down time. I know that when I was in the psych ward, the nurses sometimes got pretty bored in the middle of the night, so it might be worth asking?

Good luck with everything, OP.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Elysium Searcher, Dead Meat and Silent_cries
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Press on it with a pillow. With luck it will stick out and you can grab the end. Mentioning this is good so others do not make this mistake. Good luck with everything.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Elysium Searcher, GenesAndEnvironment, Dead Meat and 1 other person