sizuen

sizuen

Waiting for the right time..
Apr 8, 2023
Im about to go to college. Schools on my town doesnt have online only programs my family acts like they understand me but when it comes down to me getting panic attacks all they say its "all in my mind" when i vent to other people they just give me the toxic positivity or "ive been through worse but i managed to do it" i just dont want to waste my moms money forcing me to go to school with this state

I just miss my old self really..
I hope i can learn how to actually fix it so i can also share it to some people in. need without invalidating them.

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
If there is a particular trigger, sometimes one can desensitize using baby steps. If there is no identifiable trigger, giving yourself an escape option might work. For example, excusing yourself to go to the bathroom even if you don;t have to can give you a way to collect yourself.

Panic attacks are usually related to anxieties (which can have a developmental or neurological basis. If neurological, there may be medication you can take, but you should research it on your own as well as there can be side effects. If the anxieties result from developmental experiences, therapy might be useful.

Reactions: sizuen
sizuen

sizuen

Waiting for the right time..
Apr 8, 2023
If there is a particular trigger, sometimes one can desensitize using baby steps. If there is no identifiable trigger, giving yourself an escape option might work. For example, excusing yourself to go to the bathroom even if you don;t have to can give you a way to collect yourself.

Panic attacks are usually related to anxieties (which can have a developmental or neurological basis. If neurological, there may be medication you can take, but you should research it on your own as well as there can be side effects. If the anxieties result from developmental experiences, therapy might be useful.
Ty for replying. I did research about it and the closest thing i can find is agoraphobia. i am also taking medications they dont seem to work. My place probably has the worst mental health system they dont have therapy here. Ill try my best to get an escape option since everytime i have THAT i usually feel ease in the back of my head and it gets worse when i dont have an escape option.

day

day

Global Mod
Jun 24, 2023
I normally stay out of the recovery section here but have suffered from panic for the past 5 years and it's horrible. I'm sorry you have this issue as I know how much it can hold you back from anything let alone recovering.

The only thing that truly worked for me was benzodiazepine's but they made me extremely tired and useless feeling. Not great but far from bad as well. There's no magic thing that really sets you free from panic though when I have a panic attack and it begins to subside I do jot down what I was doing while it subsided if I haven't written it down before. Having a note with methods on how you got out before can feel somewhat helpful but maybe it's just placebo.

Best of luck OP, hope you feel better.

P

prezmyl

Aug 4, 2023
I have been through more complex shit, but extreme panic states was part of that for more than decade
might find some inspiration in this: