I

iLoveyouimsorry

Jun 15, 2019
Title. I know this has been asked a million times but id like to hear some more recent inputs on it. What do you think happens when we die and how do you get over the fear if you have it?

M

Mbound

Experienced
Apr 29, 2019
"Annihilation has no terrors for me, because I have already tried it before I was born-- a hundred million years-- and I have suffered more in an hour, in this life, than I remember to have suffered in the whole hundred million years put together." -Mark Twain

I think death feels like the deepest general anesthesia--no thoughts, no pain, just a peaceful void. Just like it was before you were born...not something you will even have to endure because there will be nothing to endure.

Also, I have never been pleased to wake up from anesthesia.

• Love
Reactions: Godofdeathftw, lululoo, puppy9 and 1 other person
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
Whatever is gonna happen has happened, and will happen, to everybody.

Reactions: lululoo, jake3d and Mbound
Jynxer

Jynxer

Jun 3, 2019
Title. I know this has been asked a million times but id like to hear some more recent inputs on it. What do you think happens when we die and how do you get over the fear if you have it?
I personally don't have a fear of dying or what happens after. I fear of suffering while I die.
I like to think that after we die, we spend a bit of time hovering here on earth, then go to some sort of after (party? Lol) then are brought back in a new form, hopefully different from the last in every way possible. Maybe as an animal (I hope) or something else. I'd hate to think that when my body dies, my soul dies too. I'd like to live another life as something else.....

That's just me though...

Ramirez

Ramirez

Criminally insane
Jun 10, 2019
The fact that we live only for a very short amount of time considering how long the univers has existed makes me think it cant be bad at all. Ive read about someone who had a near death expierence describing the feeling of dying as" a feeling of returning home". I like to think of it that way im still scared tho

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Thorn, lululoo, Broken Chimera and 3 others
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I'm so curious to find out that I hope to rev my engines and zoom in.

On the edge

On the edge

Jun 9, 2019
Not gonna lie it would be cool to be a paranormal entity

Reactions: jake3d and whyidon'tknow
M

Mljonzy

Student
Aug 21, 2018
I wouldn't worry we won't even know we are dead and won't have any problems anymore. If i ended up as some type of spirit or ghost i will be pissed off and scare people who deserve it.

Reactions: whyidon'tknow
riverstyx

riverstyx

Experienced
May 31, 2019
I like to look at this this way:

I was born in the 70s. I have no recollection of, lets say, the year 1913, 1968 or 1955.

That's what it feels to have died. I'll have no recollection of the year 2025, 2031 or 2100 for that matter (if humans hasn't gone extinct by then).

Disappearing into the void isn't something that scares me. It's unavoidable no matter how long you manage to stay alive.

Being in the process of dying though is quite another thing, and for some people it entails both mental and physical suffering.

Reactions: Godofdeathftw, Ramirez and lululoo
MG_39

MG_39

Physically ill suffering couch potato
Jul 5, 2019
This doesn't scare me at all. The reason is very simple, we ALL are going to dye "very soon" (All people on earth right now) and no one can avoid it. I'm more scared of being forced to live after a ctb failure where I'm in a situation where I can't end my life.

Last edited:
Umbra

Umbra

Trans Girl
Mar 15, 2019
Already said, but you're going to face what happens no matter how hard you try not to. You will die one day, suicide or not. Think it's best to delay it so you don't need to experience it now? Well, when you're experiencing your last moments it will be the now. You will experience what happens whether you like it or not.