D

DAMN.

Apr 17, 2022
I have adhd and need adderall or some other meds to do anything but every doctor I talk to just thinks im just a university kid trying to get some adderal to cram with. I need to double my dose of adderall xr to feel anything anymore, but my doctor wont up my dosage. How can I get what I need without being treated like an addict?

Josh007

Josh007

The number zero is feeling lonely...
Nov 30, 2020
You can always request a change of psychiatrist, then tell your doctor the reason isn't working, then hopefully have a more efficient doctor.
Ps. If they're denying meds it's probably because they don't believe you need them. I would suggest to learn more thoroughly what is going there. That will help you explain better why you believe you need different treatment.

T

todestrieb

Dec 2, 2021
Ask them why they feel this why. Don't be upset regardless of the answer. It took me a long time to find a doctor that would listen to me, so if you feel like you need to switch it isn't a bad thing.

Reactions: Josh007
L

LifeIsAChore11

Dec 18, 2020
Stuff like this is why I have no faith in doctors. Play musical chairs with doctors until you find someone who can help you.