F

Fr2

Jun 15, 2019
In a war zone where action happens of course. Wouldn't it be nice, even if I hesitate in using the firearm against me, many others wouldn't.

Reactions: Homo erectus, Sunset764, ProhibereDolor and 1 other person
Righttodie

Righttodie

Maybe in another life
Apr 10, 2019
In a war zone where action happens of course. Wouldn't it be nice, even if I hesitate in using the firearm against me, many others wouldn't.
You have no idea how many times that thought comes to me.

Particularly because I watch and learn about all the wars happening and politics.
I see these people with guns and think how fucking lucky.

Reactions: Fr2
ProhibereDolor

ProhibereDolor

Cloak and Dagger
May 21, 2019
War is not glamorous. It is really disturbing. I've been there. Do not fantasize that it will be like call of duty, or battlefiield. It's fuckin horrendous and should not be fantasized about going and being Rambo. But that being said I'm sure if you manage to get there they'll give a gun and give you the honorable position of bullet sponge.

Reactions: Skathon, LogicalConclusion, Righttodie and 3 others
kuddelmuddel23

kuddelmuddel23

Expert Level Tree Farmer
Jun 13, 2019
Sounds like a bad idea to me. You have to keep in mind that war is not the way it is portrayed in movies or the media. It is worse, much worse.
Of course there's a chance of a quick death if you just get shot in a war zone. But it is also likely that you will be captured, raped and tortured and die in agony over the course of months.

Reactions: Skathon and Righttodie
Righttodie

Righttodie

Maybe in another life
Apr 10, 2019
And as mentioned above.

War is traumatizing. It really isn't filled with patriotic sentiments driving you, but just the thought of surviving for the next second and trying not to take a wrong step and get your body blown off.
Only to realise that it was all for nothing but making the rich richer, all the while you were killing innocents and blowing their homes

In my post above, you can see that I do understand your sentiment about shooting yourself and seeing how easy it would be in a place where you have access to the equipment to do that.
I get that. I fantasize about it myself.
That's Human nature.

Yeah. War is terrible, even if you make it alive, what you have gone through is enough to Hurt your soul and bring you closer to the deed.

Reactions: Vienrose, kuddelmuddel23 and Faraway1990
F

Fr2

Jun 15, 2019
Not fantasizing, I am serious. Yes, the part after wouldn't it be nice is fantasizing. Other than that, this is a serious thread. And I'm certainly looking forward to answers or ideas about "how".
Of course I dread the possibility of being captured and tortured. I am putting that into the equation too.

My question from the title of the topic stands.

Reactions: Faraway1990
Righttodie

Righttodie

Maybe in another life
Apr 10, 2019
Not fantasizing, I am serious. Yes, the part after wouldn't it be nice is fantasizing. Other than that, this is a serious thread. And I'm certainly looking forward to answers or ideas about "how".
Of course I dread the possibility of being captured and tortured. I am putting that into the equation too.

My question from the title of the topic stands.
How would be to make it into the war zone either legally (join the forces) or travel to those war zones someway you won't be caught.
I am sure you might be aware of these basic options, and I may not be contributing extensively to your search for an answer as to how to get it done exactly.

It might be a long process, but if you brings you solace and is way you want to go, it can be done.

But I can't imagine it to be without possible repercussions, like getting jailed and suffering more for even trying to travel to a country where there is a conflict, if the government gets to see your intentions.
And that can rank as a high possibility considering how many foreign fighters are recruited by these terrorist groups, so it's all on high alert

Reactions: Fr2
B

Bagobones9

Aug 19, 2023
Ukrainain TDF is taking forieners rn all you need is a passport my guy