• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

snack

Mar 28, 2019
I tried hanging myself. Too painful, agonizing agony. Tried The Exit Bag. For too long, you might as well quit, constantly overcome by fear. I need another way. Suicide by shooting me in the head is ideal for me. Fast, no pain (1 second pain), reliable. But I don't know where to get a gun with bullets. I live in Russia. Here strictly with this. I can't buy (won't pass a special Commission), can't go to the army (I'm transgender), the black market is too expensive (I have almost no money), attacking a police officer to shoot me, it's too unreliable varinat. What are my options?

bacardirum

bacardirum

Experienced
May 21, 2019
I think dropping to break your neck is a lot more easier than pulling a trigger to shoot your brains out, the way you talk, you only think pulling a trigger would be easier, I would reevaluate everything. There will be zero pain hanging yourself if you just drop, it will be over as quick as a bullet, and less chance of shooting half your brains out and still surviving.

Reactions: not_a_robot
T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
I think dropping to break your neck is a lot more easier than pulling a trigger to shoot your brains out...
How many suicides drop far enough to break a neck?

...[hanging] will be over as quick as a bullet, and less chance of shooting half your brains out and still surviving
Within the last week there was a news article posted about a UK guy who is now a vegetable in a wheel chair because he was "saved" from hanging, so let's not pretend that's it's without risk. Risk of survival can be reduced by using the most powerful gun (12-gauge) and I've heard of some who CTB in a remote forest to make being saved impossible.

I agree that pulling a trigger isn't nearly as easy as it sounds. American streets would be littered with bodies if it were easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: not_a_robot
bacardirum

bacardirum

Experienced
May 21, 2019
The measurements are available based on drop and weight, if not done correctly yes it can cause problems, but if done correctly it's more reliable than putting a bullet through your head which can leave you with half a brain and still alive. My point was though, like you mentioned, shooting yourself sounds easy on paper, if it was so easy, just drive a sharp knife through your skull, it's not a easy thing to do.

T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
The measurements are available based on drop and weight, if not done correctly yes it can cause problems...
I haven't seen any information on proper drop for various weights posted on SS yet. It appears that almost nobody intends to break their neck by hanging.

...but if done correctly it's more reliable than putting a bullet through your head which can leave you with half a brain and still alive. My point was though, like you mentioned, shooting yourself sounds easy on paper, if it was so easy, just drive a sharp knife through your skull, it's not a easy thing to do.
Guns are difficult, but I'm pretty sure they're easier than stabbing yourself in the head. 51% of American suicides use a gun, while 0% (rounded off) use a knife to the head.

bacardirum

bacardirum

Experienced
May 21, 2019
Most hangings from the beginning of time have involved breaking of the neck, like what happened to Saddam Hussain, I personally think the long-drop is the most humane way to end it. You basically drop and die, no questions, no fighting back, no breaking the rail you are tied too when you struggle to survive, it's game over. Millions more have died this way than any other form of hanging without doubt.

Gun to the head is obviously more, again you miss the point, my point was it seems easy to pull a trigger, it's just as difficult to stick a knife through ur head, you still need the balls to go through with it, had nothing to do with statistics, pretty obvious not many people stick a knife in their head or heart, even though some do...

Last edited:
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I would not use the police to CTB as not only would be irresponsible in doing so, but more importantly, there is no guarantee that you will actually die from a cop shooting at you. In fact, you may end up in a worse situation, possibly being a vegetable from the attempt and then face a lengthy prison sentence for threatening and/or attacking a cop.

been_there

been_there

Life cares only for itself.
Jun 5, 2019
I tried sbc, jsut as hard as the others. Still persevere

Last edited:
T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
Most hangings from the beginning of time have involved breaking of the neck, like what happened to Saddam Hussain, I personally think the long-drop is the most humane way to end it. You basically drop and die, no questions, no fighting back, no breaking the rail you are tied too when you struggle to survive, it's game over. Millions more have died this way than any other form of hanging without doubt.
I don't think long-drop hanging is the most humane death though I'd agree that it's certainly far from the worst. But discussion of long-drop is almost entirely irrelevant to suicide. Suicidal hanging is (almost) always death by strangulation, which would be deemed a failure by a professional executioner.