• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

I

Itsjustme21

Dec 4, 2020
Because of pure luck the last doctor had no choice but to call me in sick for any work at all so i receive some government money now. The problem is the doctors that decide these things don't really know anything about autism (and probably depression). They think working full-time again will fix all my problems. The thing is that I worked full-time + school all my life and it made everything way worse and really hard to stay sober. Especially since (besides all the autistic overstimulation) I don't sleep every day. When I worked my schedule was like this: 1 hour sleep, 9 hours work, no sleep, 9 hours work, 1 hour sleep. So that was terrible and I eventually had to call in sick or i was gonna kill myself.

I will probably have to talk to a doctor soon and the previous 2 doctors reasoning was "you got your autism diagnosis now so all your problems are fixed now". They don't believe i am depressed or suicidal. So if the next doctor says the same I NEED to do an attempt, otherwise i will have to work again and i will probably kill myself for real. I don't want that. I want to finish therapy, feel better and THEN go to work, so i don't have to call in sick every week and be able to stay sober.

So anyone knows how to do an attempt that won't kill me and do any brain damage, but will end me in the hospital? I was thinking maybe 20mg of etizolam or something?

• Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Emily_Numb, Brink, Zoya and 6 others
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
As horrendous as working full-time sounds, few things compare to the Hell of being sectioned. As someone who went through it, I really don't think it's worth it. I'm sorry that they've driven you to a point where you're even considering it. :mmm:

• Hugs
Reactions: Midnight-rain, Zoya, DetachedDreamer97 and 4 others
S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
Hi, some other members can give you the technical know-how. I just want to say to be very careful and dont rush into this. Exhaust the other options if you can. I've recently self-harmed and I really fucking regret it.

• Hugs
Reactions: DetachedDreamer97, Regen and Itsjustme21
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
This sort of stuff is really difficult because usually those who just try to fake suicide end up dying and those who tried many attempts always fail.
please be careful about this, maybe you could prepare supplies and leave them out as if you were about to do something but not actually trying to do it. Prepare a rope and some poison and pills. Try to "hide" them but get found out. I don't recommend actually going through with it and ingesting or doing anything because you might be "unlucky" in your case.

• Hugs
Reactions: ansiedad, DetachedDreamer97, sourpink and 2 others
I

Itsjustme21

Dec 4, 2020
As horrendous as working full-time sounds, few things compare to the Hell of being sectioned. As someone who went through it, I really don't think it's worth it. I'm sorry that they've driven you to a point where you're even considering it. :mmm:
I have been there after a real suicide attempt a few years ago. I could leave whenever I want and fully left after two weeks. And after that i didn't have to work for 2 months.

They knew forcing me in a ward would only make me feel worse and not help me at all.
This sort of stuff is really difficult because usually those who just try to fake suicide end up dying and those who tried many attempts always fail.
please be careful about this, maybe you could prepare supplies and leave them out as if you were about to do something but not actually trying to do it. Prepare a rope and some poison and pills. Try to "hide" them but get found out. I don't recommend actually going through with it and ingesting or doing anything because you might be "unlucky" in your case.
My last suicide attempt I took probably 40mg of clonazepam and 1g of tramadol. So i believe if I take 20mg of etizolam i definitely won't die. I just don't know if it is enough to look like a suicide attempt.
Hi, some other members can give you the technical know-how. I just want to say to be very careful and dont rush into this. Exhaust the other options if you can. I've recently self-harmed and I really fucking regret it.
My biggest hope is just te doctor saying it would be better to finish therapy before starting to work again. But if I have to work again i won't have any energy or time left for therapy, so no hope in getting better.

Last edited:
I

Initiated

Is life worth living?
Dec 5, 2020
What did you do?

D

Deleted member 25174

Jan 4, 2021
I recently self harmed too much on my wrists and it looked like a botched attempt I went right through a load of stuff and nearly lost my hand. I got put into hospital a while ago because I took loads of medicine and text my mate who lives on the other side of the world to say bye and walked into the woods. She called the police and ambulance from where she was and they sent a chopper out to find me. I was took to hospital and not allowed out. If you say you took the stuff a few hours before you did even if they do a blood test it wouldn't necessarily show. Every time I've overdosed it's been too late to pump my stomach it's just a waiting game. Say to them now you know you just need to take more.....in the uk if you say you're going to kill yourself or write something that looks like a suicide note whilst you're in they won't let you go

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: DetachedDreamer97, sourpink and Iamamistake
S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
My biggest hope is just te doctor saying it would be better to finish therapy before starting to work again. But if I have to work again i won't have any energy or time left for therapy, so no hope in getting better.

Are you 100% sure the therapy will work? I know working sucks but you need to be certain because this attempt could set off other health problems. My mind is ablank, someone can fill in here, but Is there anything else you can do that might get you sectioned? Like showing up at hospital with sucide ideation?

I

Itsjustme21

Dec 4, 2020
Are you 100% sure the therapy will work? I know working sucks but you need to be certain because this attempt could set off other health problems. My mind is ablank, someone can fill in here, but Is there anything else you can do that might get you sectioned? Like showing up at hospital with sucide ideation?
I have no idea if therapy is going to work. But I have to try at least something. Work is gonna we way too draining because I get overstimulated so easily. And since I also don't sleep every night (especially when I have things to do the next day) working will definitely push me to kill myself. I already feel terrible when I had a good night rest (which is only possible when I don't work), but when I don't sleep at all (sometimes for 40 hours) I feel terrible sick and way more depressed. I can't work like that.

I don't think they will believe me if I don't actually do an attempt. I have told the previous ones that I have suicidal thoughts that were way worse when I worked. They still told me they'd go away (after 10 fucking years without finding a solution) if I start to work full-time again. They keep using the "you have an autism diagnosis now, that isn't an illness so a full-time job will fix everything" excuse".

• Hugs
Reactions: DetachedDreamer97 and NodusTollens
Whale_bones

Whale_bones

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
Please, don't attempt when you don't want to die, you absolutely don't have to do that to get into hospital. You just need to adjust what you say. It's awful how the doctors have been brushing you off, and it sounds like they're oblivious about mental illness, but there are certain things you can say that they HAVE to act on.

What you need to say is that you ARE going to kill yourself. Not that you want to, not that you feel like doing it or are thinking about it, but that you ARE going to do it and that you're going to do it today. The thing is there's a huge difference between suicidal *thoughts* and suicidal *intent*. Many people have suicidal thoughts (some people have them every day) so if you say you're "thinking" about attempting suicide, it's too vague to meet the criteria for being sent to hospital. You have to make the intent clear, along with making clear it's "imminent" ("today", that being whatever day you see the doctor).

They will ask you about method too, so have a method in mind. I know UK laws are different on some things, and I'm in the US, but to my knowledge they are the same on this base level: when a patient states outright that they are GOING to kill themselves today, the doctor has a legal responsibility to act to keep them safe. So you definitely don't have to overdose or harm yourself. In the past I harmed myself first before seeking treatment because I felt I didn't "deserve" to go the hospital otherwise, and I suffered more unnecessarily because of it. I wish someone had been kind to me and let me know I completely deserved medical treatment without having to harm myself. You 100% do too. :heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: DetachedDreamer97 and painoflife
sunny.sativa

sunny.sativa

organic
Apr 2, 2019
Do you think it could stem from sleep deprivation?

I'm not one to tell you the root of your problems, but maybe it'd help a little to get seen for SLEEP issues first. Maybe the big problem is composed of a bunch of little ones, y'know? Like needing rest.

I feel for you. I hear your story. Maybe referring yourself to a mental facility in person would get you the rest you need.

Reactions: Midnight-rain
I

Itsjustme21

Dec 4, 2020
Please, don't attempt when you don't want to die, you absolutely don't have to do that to get into hospital. You just need to adjust what you say. It's awful how the doctors have been brushing you off, and it sounds like they're oblivious about mental illness, but there are certain things you can say that they HAVE to act on.

What you need to say is that you ARE going to kill yourself. Not that you want to, not that you feel like doing it or are thinking about it, but that you ARE going to do it and that you're going to do it today. The thing is there's a huge difference between suicidal *thoughts* and suicidal *intent*. Many people have suicidal thoughts (some people have them every day) so if you say you're "thinking" about attempting suicide, it's too vague to meet the criteria for being sent to hospital. You have to make the intent clear, along with making clear it's "imminent" ("today", that being whatever day you see the doctor).

They will ask you about method too, so have a method in mind. I know UK laws are different on some things, and I'm in the US, but to my knowledge they are the same on this base level: when a patient states outright that they are GOING to kill themselves today, the doctor has a legal responsibility to act to keep them safe. So you definitely don't have to overdose or harm yourself. In the past I harmed myself first before seeking treatment because I felt I didn't "deserve" to go the hospital otherwise, and I suffered more unnecessarily because of it. I wish someone had been kind to me and let me know I completely deserved medical treatment without having to harm myself. You 100% do too. :heart:
Thanks. I am just going to say I will probably kill myself. It's just hard to lie for me since I am autistic and it's especially difficult since I always need to be 100% honest with my psychologist. But I will just tell the doctor there is a high chance I am going to kill myself. And if she also thinks a full-time job will fix that I have no other choice but to fake an attempt. I'd rather take the risk to fake an attempt than to be so overwhelmed by work that I am actually going to kill myself
Do you think it could stem from sleep deprivation?

I'm not one to tell you the root of your problems, but maybe it'd help a little to get seen for SLEEP issues first. Maybe the big problem is composed of a bunch of little ones, y'know? Like needing rest.

I feel for you. I hear your story. Maybe referring yourself to a mental facility in person would get you the rest you need.
I am in therapy to help cope with my autism and other problems that come with it. But my depression started at 14 year old since I got bullied. And I didn't have sleeping problems before that. They also weren't nearly as bad as last year and it keeps getting worse. I am sure my sleeping problems are caused by depression and autism, but the not sleeping also makes my depression and autism worse.

I am pretty sure the current therapy isn't going to help but I am going to try my best anyway. I just hope they help me find another therapy when this one is finished.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: demuic
sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
umm try to make non lethal cuts? they can be just scratches and you will still get hospitalized

Reactions: Midnight-rain, Panna and DetachedDreamer97
I

its impossible

Oct 24, 2020
"overdose" on a non harmful dose of benzodiazepins then call hospital

but being in a hospital is not that great

when you come out you get a bill that you have to pay for, for your visit. it can get expensive.

GoPeaceful

GoPeaceful

Message me if you need someone to talk to :)
May 14, 2018
What you could try is take 20-30mg of Lorazepam or Alprazolam. I think if you have no tolerance to benzodiazepines this will lead to a long sleep, but is far, far away from killing you. If somebody finds you, and you sleep for like 15-20 hours, maybe the person will call an ambulance on you. Then you could say you tried to kill yourselves with benzodiazepines. I'm not a doctor, before you consider the idea, you should inform yourself on the side effects and what could possibly go wrong. But in my opinion benzodiazepines are your best option.

Reactions: DetachedDreamer97
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
As someone who survived a Ami overdose in November, ended up in ICU on life support and they honestly thought I was going to die or wake up with brain damage, and then spent 2 ½ weeks in a psychiatric hospital (thankfully as a voluntary patient), please don't try to attempt suicide for 'attention' or whatever the hell you are trying to do. Surviving an attempt is traumatic af. I do NOT recommend it.

Reactions: Whale_bones and GoPeaceful
Whale_bones

Whale_bones

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
I am just going to say I will probably kill myself. I'd rather take the risk to fake an attempt
I told you exactly what you need to say to get taken to hospital, and you're deciding not to do that and saying you'll harm yourself as a way to get there instead. That's a choice you're making, so the consequences are on you.

"Lying" to a doctor isn't the issue here, because if you're looking at it that way, a "fake" attempt is a lie too. Words and actions matter based on whether they're ethically right or wrong, and getting yourself medical treatment would be ethically right. A doctor would far prefer that their patient ends up in the hospital than ends up harming themselves, and they wouldn't give one wit whether the words that patient said turned out to be technically true or not if it saved the patient from harm.

But, you've been given the information on how to do this without harming yourself, as well as being told by quite a few people how horrible the experience of an attempt is, and you're saying you're still going to attempt anyways. So... the consequences of that will be yours to deal with. Good luck.

Reactions: Emily_Numb
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
I wouldn't recommend it, but if you feel as though push comes to shove, I'd look into Geo Stone - Suicide and Attempted Suicide Methods and Consequences.

Attachments

• D375918D-6BDF-434B-8168-C5B12B082DCC.jpeg
    D375918D-6BDF-434B-8168-C5B12B082DCC.jpeg
    629.5 KB · Views: 25
pen

pen

it's A non Getting Down socializing situation
Dec 25, 2020
Think about the patients that would really need to be there, but no they d have to look after you, think.

Reactions: x~Sophia~x and Emily_Numb
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
umm try to make non lethal cuts? they can be just scratches and you will still get hospitalized
lol in UK you won't.
I find this all totally wrong. You intend on faking a suicide attempt, just so you don't have to go to work?!
Autistic or not, you seem to be very intelligent. Your brain is working overtime trying to come up with a fake plan. Instead, why don't you go see your gp and explain the difficulties you're having, they may prescribe a sleeping tablet that will fit into your lifestyle. I can't believe you're asking members of this forum to help you to lie about your current state of mind. :O

Last edited:
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Bad idea. Do not attempt unless you accept the possibility that it will be fatal. Also I know you are suffering but this type of thing is really unhelpful to the plight of those who make serious attempts and actually need them to be successful. I feel that a dismissive doctor will remain dismissive even if you have a record of an attempt. They may even accuse you of a fake attempt..which it would be, it could bite you in the ass.
I don't think it will serve to get through to them as you so hope.
Sorry I can't suggest a good alternative, maybe someone else has something in mind.

Reactions: x~Sophia~x and Emily_Numb
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
This! Thin deep cuts are extremely useful for nonlethal suicide, since a "normal" functioning person would Never cut themselves.

I

Itsjustme21

Dec 4, 2020
Thanks for your help guys. To quickly answer some comments without quoting. Being admitted in the hospital won't cost me money. Yes, I know what it's like to survive a suicide attempt. I almost died a few years ago. And to be sure I won't do it again, I might have to fake one. I think benzos are indeed the best option.

They also don't quickly hospitalise you her involuntary. So I don't have to worry much about the consequences (except brain damage or dying if I take too much).

Also, I am not doing this for attention. I will even tell my own psychologist I faked it, just not that doctor that decides if I can go back to work. If I go back to work without finishing treatment, I know I will get a meltdown and kill myself.

A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
Maybe you can get disability bc your diagnosed with autism?

Brink

Brink

Exhausted. RadHomo.
Feb 11, 2020
Think about the patients that would really need to be there, but no they d have to look after you, think.
They have a right to care and MH services as much as anyone else.

I will probably have to talk to a doctor soon and the previous 2 doctors reasoning was "you got your autism diagnosis now so all your problems are fixed now". They don't believe i am depressed or suicidal. So if the next doctor says the same I NEED to do an attempt, otherwise i will have to work again and i will probably kill myself for real. I don't want that. I want to finish therapy, feel better and THEN go to work, so i don't have to call in sick every week and be able to stay sober.

So anyone knows how to do an attempt that won't kill me and do any brain damage, but will end me in the hospital? I was thinking maybe 20mg of etizolam or something?
I wouldn't take loads of meds or self-harm as that could up causing you more trouble than it's worth.

I'm in the UK and two years ago got near the edge of a balcony on the 5th floor and threatened to jump, and I was admitted to hospital and then a MH ward. What I was saying and my circumstances were somewhat unique though, as there's a shortage of beds so you never know if they'll gatekeep (I know people who've been sent home hours later after attempts).

I feel sorry you have to consider going to such an extent to receive mainstream support. All the best to you. x

Reactions: Emily_Numb
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Seems like a straight up bad idea ngl

Reactions: Emily_Numb and x~Sophia~x