• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

riumasdf1

riumasdf1

Jun 26, 2024
In my country, assisted suicide is not legal, I have been dealing with multiple complications and problems for years, I believe that we have the right to choose if we want to live or not, noting the complications that we can experience daily. However, it's something I can't talk to anyone about (not even to "vent" about it). My question is, how would you explain your decision to an anti-suicide person? or how you would debate about it, your arguments or so.

I'm still learning to use this site, and English is not my first language, sorry if there are errors in my writing.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, ijustwishtodie, Ironweed and 1 other person
mikgazer6

mikgazer6

student
Jul 1, 2024
An important thing is to show that your decision on suicide is made rationally. Wanting to die commonly gets dismissed as something impulsive or a conclusion that only someone mentally unstable could come to.

Reactions: Edpal247, Nefera, Ironweed and 1 other person
Ironweed

Ironweed

Nauseated.
Nov 9, 2019
I'm not sure there's any way to do this without potentially getting dragged off to a mental hospital. Certain people (at least in the USA, where I realize you are not) are "mandatory reporters," meaning they could be sued or even subject to criminal charges if they fail to report suicidal ideation.

Frustrating, because I would absolutely love to be able to publicly discuss my thoughts on suicide, rather than hiding behind a pseudonymous avatar on an internet forum. But I don't dare.

Having said that, if the reason you want to discuss suicidal thoughts is because you're unsure it is the correct decision, you're almost in a worse place.

Reactions: riumasdf1 and sylvka
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
You can't. It's impossible. A normal person will never understand a suicidal person and what it's like to be suicidal. Even if you were to present the most logical and straightforward points that humanity can ever present, they still wouldn't understand

Reactions: Edpal247, trappedinthislife, Hollowman and 3 others
riumasdf1

riumasdf1

Jun 26, 2024
I'm not sure there's any way to do this without potentially getting dragged off to a mental hospital. Certain people (at least in the USA, where I realize you are not) are "mandatory reporters," meaning they could be sued or even subject to criminal charges if they fail to report suicidal ideation.

Frustrating, because I would absolutely love to be able to publicly discuss my thoughts on suicide, rather than hiding behind a pseudonymous avatar on an internet forum. But I don't dare.

Having said that, if the reason you want to discuss suicidal thoughts is because you're unsure it is the correct decision, you're almost in a worse place.
No, i'm. pretty sure of my decision, for me it is another alternative, outside of an impulsive thought, it is more like "my ideal of dying" (if that makes any sense) It's just that it's hard for me to explain this to someone close to me, and I find myself stuck trying to do it, since when I do it it's like the right words don't come out. That's why I wanted to know other people's opinions. Thanks for commenting too.

misatosdiary

misatosdiary

everything will be okay
Jun 28, 2024
I would just be straightforward at the start and then say why. I would make sure the other person doesn't freak or anything. To say why Id tell them as much as I want to, or feel good with, to make it seem like a reasonable choice. Maybe any of this works for you :-) , also, prepare to not be understood.. I know thats kind of hard to take in but some people dont quite get it - maybe thats just okay aswell

• Love
Reactions: riumasdf1
buyersremorse

buyersremorse

useless
Feb 16, 2023
personally i've found this is feat too great an endeavour. i feel like non-suicidal people simply cannot grasp the concept of not wanting to live on a coherent or logical basis - it's always relegated to a viewpoint of the "insane", emotionally disturbed or mentally unsound, as an incorrect thing to want which is to be corrected. if you chose to do this, be very, very careful with how you go about it. even in a theoretical debate ive almost been carted off for even vaguely supporting the notion of 'pro-choice' relating to suicide lol. the inviolability of life is too ingrained in the minds and lives of a lot of people that the idea of rational/logical suicide is simply inconceivable to them.

• Love
Reactions: riumasdf1