S

sadone2122

Oct 25, 2023
Someone fucking called the cops on me for being suicidal and they took me in. How can I leave? I'm not in restraints but I'm in the psych part of the hospital
IMG 1017

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: remcycler, lightnings, Praestat_Mori and 7 others
F

Fifi2

Dec 11, 2023
Are you on some kind of hold? Maybe observe the movements of staff/security for a while and wait for the right moment to walk out. If you have a change of clothes or can find one quickly after you leave that would help I'm sure. If the doors to the area you're in are locked though, I'm afraid it will be very difficult to get out of there before they are ready to release you.

I'm sorry someone called on you, it's a really shitty situation to be in :(

Reactions: Skathon
S

sadone2122

Oct 25, 2023
Are you on some kind of hold? Maybe observe the movements of staff/security for a while and wait for the right moment to walk out. If you have a change of clothes or can find one quickly after you leave that would help I'm sure. If the doors to the area you're in are locked though, I'm afraid it will be very difficult to get out of there before they are ready to release you.

I'm sorry someone called on you, it's a really shitty situation to be in :(
Yeah I did and I stupidly didn't change my clothes so I got caught. They took my shit besides my fucking phone. Including my house keys and shit so I'm fucked

F

Fifi2

Dec 11, 2023
Yeah I did and I stupidly didn't change my clothes so I got caught. They took my shit besides my fucking phone. Including my house keys and shit so I'm fucked
Thats awful :( It sounds like your best option at this point is to try and talk your way out of it in order to get your stuff back and get out asap. You could keep trying to leave but I personally wouldn't want to abandon all my belongings there.

MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
There's no way you can leave or talk your way out of it. And I'm pretty sure the psych wing has security doors. You're off to the psych ward via ambulance after you're medically cleared. Even if you did manage to escape, they'd have the cops on your tail, like white on rice.

• Wow
Reactions: notahappygirl
DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
Just gotta try and fool em. Act like you're the happiest girl in the world and anything you might have said to the contrary, you were just joking. And whoever called on you tell them that person did it for an insincere reason. They are jealous and trying to get back at u or they're trying to get me locked in and steal my money while I am in here. Something like that.

Reactions: hi-okbye and Skathon
R

Rev346

I’m here but will I still be next year?
Oct 23, 2023
You're stuck. In my experience the only way out is to show that you aren't suicidal anymore. You have to play the game. I'd recommend being honest about the issues that caused you to be suicidal but trying to pretend that things are getting better. Don't pretend that everything is sunshine and lollipops. Instead attempt to show them slight gains in your outlook. Just be careful because lies compound so you want to be able to keep your story consistent. It's been over 10 years since I was held in a psych ward so things may have changed a bit and the hospital's here may have differing protocols compared to the Midwest hospital I was at. Good luck.

• Informative
Reactions: VidFlumina and Deleted member 82921
DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
I am guessing they put her on 72 hour hold since we haven't heard back. It's such a scam. Psych hospital bills insurance. They don't really do anything to help you. Just warehouse you and try to feed you awful psych drugs. Shouldn't be able to get away with it. Data shows suicide rates are higher for people who have been held involuntarily this way. The fact that they lock u in is telling. If they were really helping people, they would not need to lock people in. They would have to lock people out.

Reactions: Eternal🌈Rainbow, VidFlumina, AInilam and 2 others
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
More proof we are all slaves and prisoners in this evil world.

Can't even say anything related to u want to suicide or they'll arrest u and lock u up. There is no freedom

Reactions: Rogue Proxy, lightnings and Deleted member 65988
hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
aww that sucks I'm sorry you have to deal with that :(

In my experience several times you just basically have to act fine like others mentioned. It might be hard if you already admitted you do actually feel suicidal but just basically deny all questions about feeling suicidal/sad. Sometimes they try to throw a curve ball almost, changing the question around so it doesn't sound like what they're trying to ask you. I can't think of a good example but they won't always straight up be like "are you feeling suicidal,etc". any hint that your a danger to yourself or others they will gladly keep you longer. so just be sure to be on your best behavior, if they do send you to the ward, participate, do what your supposed to.
When I went I swear that place was making me worse, I was quite literally going insane. It made it worse because the nurses would constantly pick on me specifically and get me in trouble for no reason. just keep your cool, act happy, act social, act like you belong in the "normal world" (whatever the fuck that is).

good luck and I hope you get out soon <3

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and VidFlumina
Neverfeltdeader

Neverfeltdeader

Can you hear me drift away?
Dec 12, 2021
At this point they probably took your phone away too. The best thing to do when you're on a hold is to comply, answer every question (carefully choosing your words), and keep your composure. You have to convince them that you're not actively suicidal. Instead, you have to say something like "I just have suicidal thoughts every now and then but have absolutely no intention on acting upon it. I just need some therapy…" i
If you do get stuck in a psychiatric unit, the quickest way out is to go to every support group/class/therapy session and actively talk about your problems (of course not telling them the entire truth). You have to convince them you're not a threat to yourself.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
This is such a disgusting behavior from someone else calling the cops to deliver you into a psych ward prison. I'm sorry you have to go through this. Are you still in the ward? How r u doing? I hope they let you leave asap.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy, VidFlumina and Kalista
IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023
Someone fucking called the cops on me for being suicidal and they took me in. How can I leave? I'm not in restraints but I'm in the psych part of the hospital
View attachment 125020
I'm too late for this thread, but you can't escape. They will just send police to your home, lol. Been there, done that. Enjoy your vacation, friend.

Reactions: Redacted24