T

toasterairplane

Jan 12, 2021
How would one go about disappearing without leaving a trail behind? Is it even possible? I can understand wanting to CTB, but that leaves a lot of trouble for family and friends (funeral expenses, cleanup of property, etc). Is there a way to disappear to CTB and leave no trail of where a person went if police or other investigators wanted to look?

• Hugs
Reactions: Travis Pickle, Moon2018, sadworld and 1 other person
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I don't think it's possible if, like you said, you have friends and family.

S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
In this era of mass surveillance ultimately no but what you can do is cast a wide net to make things more difficult.

your best solution would be to fly to a poor country with a large wilderness and find a place to CTB. Even better if you can enter said country at a land border as that is going to make it harder for your local government to find where you went - they can't just pull the airline records and I believe to this day some poor countries don't have computerized immigration records at land borders. You need to leave no digital footprints on your person at the spot where you CTB and leave none of your research about locations in search history .

the spot where you CTB needs to have almost zero chance of people to pass it regularly and good plant growth so that your body will be covered up fast. Local people won't be looking for you and neither will local authorities really care unless your parents bug your own country embassy long enough that the embassy pressures foreign country to try to look into what happened to you.

I think Brazil would be a great country to CTB though I wouldn't choose it personally. Lots of remote rainforest to make search for body nearly impossible and also the fact that if you go missing local authorities might just chalk it up to you got killed by the gangs

desert countries could work as well but it's going to be a logistical hurdle to get out there

Last edited:
Reactions: Rabitfever, jakaranda3, ihatemen420 and 2 others
T

TotallyIsolated

Mage
Nov 25, 2019
I thought about this a while ago. I figured if I left my phone behind and only used cash to travel by train I could get a long way away before anyone would notice. I chickened out in the end - I brought my phone and just drove away. The people who found (because I messaged them!) out were more angry than caring :(

• Aww..
Reactions: kite
kite

kite

caustic cynicism
Jan 10, 2021
It's very kind and compassionate of you to care about this. I've given up and am too lazy and mentally clouded to even leave a note for my family.

Best of luck to you, if I were you, I'd focus on on finding a peaceful exit for myself and less on helping my family deal with the aftermath of CTB.

K

Keto

Student
Feb 8, 2020
Hope this link would help. I was interested in this topic before I decided to CTB

Reactions: Shadowrider and LONE WOLF.
Querlista

Querlista

Jan 12, 2021
I don't know your situation but I think not knowing if you're still alive and where you are could be worse for family and friends.
The only positive outcome from diasspearing is, as you already said, avoiding funeral expenses. But maybe there are a few people who would like to say goodbye to process their loss and would rather have expenses than not have this chance.

It's a sing of your compassion that you are thinking about how to make it the easiest for your surrounding when you ctb.

A

Awayout

Jun 17, 2019
If you live by the ocean and have access to a boat you do a self-mafia move and tie cinder blocks to your feet, hang them over the side and shoot yourself so that you don't have to actually drown haha.
Other than that, I'd say find an open volcano and swan dive into it.

T

toasterairplane

Jan 12, 2021
Hope this link would help. I was interested in this topic before I decided to CTB

I read that book and one other one on the topic. It only applies to those who want to change their identity and keep living. The author skirted the idea of disappearing for the purpose of ending one's life.