Mafaalu

Mafaalu

Konbanwa~
Oct 4, 2023
Sup sup or Konbanwa!

I've been suffering on this on a while now and I don't really see myself growing mature enough to push myself through this. Always have I been someone who felt like school presentations etc was torture and never was I able to form new relationships or a real friendship with another fellow being. So does that apply in university now, to begin yes I have made some rough experiences recently that leads me coming here having cut all social ties with so to be called "friends", even religion doesn't seem to mean much to keep ourselves together - but that's not the point of my title is it?
So this is another attempt to move on on that part aswell meaning to ask for advice on my approaching couple years, which if I'm not atleast giving it a little more effort than I have done till now I see complete darkness in my future. As for this is a person depending question let me give a little more of an introduction of that existence of mine:

23 Years old german student studying "general computer science", struggling with verbal abuse for a decade(which dropped down, but damage is done), bullying in school, lacking any real friendship, being a weeby outsider, allergic to the sun, fat enough to dislike their own physique(it was worse though), lack of discipline (and a father figure or mentor figure)... and so on. So a real pile shit on my shoulders with no one to share it with, which well that was only the tip of the iceberg to begin with.

What is now my approach to life, fix my shit that I just listed or focus on a path that gets me to lose the fear of existence ending up as a jobless neet, or do I fix my mental problems or do both?
In general I'm already pretty deep being technically 4th semester when it comes to overall progress and I managed to have 1 good job interview recently in my entire life so far, so I already am trying to improve my shitty life myself already. But to further improve that I thought people with more years on their shoulders might be able to give some advice to pull through this shit and give me advice for the shit I'm about to dip in that is called worklife.

I feel personally that the thing I lack and yearn the most is relationships & social activity, but with the friends that I had they had their own life to live while I just dragged every single one of them down, hence another reason for my appearance here. I can't really do the type of "go out and talk to people" shit, I lack the courage & social skills for that(rather than that I'm the type of psycho that takes a walk at night with no soul out while blasting some weeb hardstlye on my headphones). Every contact I made was not through myself but through others taking the first step and connecting me with themselves or others.
So in total I'm trying to embrace this "lonely" life with heavy package on one's shoulders while also not taking the "package" seriously since I'm not suicidal anymore(got some cats), I didn't lose anyone important(didn't have one to begin with), never truly experienced deep depression that much, never experienced non-romantic love after childhood aswell as romantic love in general, never had a life threathening experience or any thing truly miserable. Since I know university is gonna take a toll on me aswell starting again with the coming week I seek for some advice here on what to do and how to do and how to do the "how to do" if you get what I mean.

If you're maybe not having any clue either and up for some chats, I be looking forward to that type of stuff(coping is done better as more than 1 I think) - Otherwise I appreciate any help and excuse me for having typed more of a mess than something that makes sense.

Kind regards,
just another lonely weeb on this godforsaken place called earth

Attachments

• 816791d0873441571edc5801dac401de.jpg
    816791d0873441571edc5801dac401de.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: アホペンギン, sserafim, Clasrink and 4 others
stuckinfiction

stuckinfiction

frothy frog
Sep 28, 2023
I just graduated with a bachelor's and started full time work this year. I think my social anxiety has improved significantly compared to 6 years ago. I used to not be able to press the stop button on buses and would rather wait for someone else to do it and ride to a further stop. I think remembering my thoughts aren't facts and slowly moving out of my comfort zone helped...I don't know how helpful this is, but I want you to know you're not alone in this.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, darksoul, Clasrink and 2 others
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I think gradual exposure is a good idea. I had a lot of trouble with social anxiety, I stuggled talking one to one, I was more comfortable in groups where I could dissapear into the background but then I would get bored and feel pointless. What helped me a lot was having something to draw the attention away from myself, keep me engaged and help me socialize. I found board games were great for this, I could meet other people, in groups, I didn't have to worry about contributing to the conversation and I had something to hold my interest.

Just take small steps and build up, maybe try to challenge yourself a bit, sometimes I would go to a club to play games and just go away feeling awful because for some reason I didnt have a good time and never wanting to go back, but then I would force myself to go back the next week and actually I wouldn't be too bad and I had a much better time.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: ThatStateOfMind, sserafim, Mafaalu and 1 other person