TearyEyedQueen

TearyEyedQueen

In the wrong timeline
Nov 14, 2019
Ever since my depression increased I can barely drag myself to classes.
I'm almost never active in class because I don't know enough and that's because I barely study.
When I'm at home dark thoughts and paranoia overwhelm me and instead of focusing on studies I either keep thinking about the past or fear for my bleak future. Then I cry and have ''forced flashbacks''. I barely eat and sleep a lot.
My cognitive functions are completely wrecked. I can't focus in lectures, and even if I do, I can't memorize anything. All of a sudden I'd feel abnormally sleepy even when I slept for 10 hours before, so much that my eyelids start closing and I partially lose consciousness as if I'm starting to sleep.
I was never a uni material, however I can't get a job because with my high school I don't have any qualifications. So I'm forced to go to university. The worst thong is I really wanted this programme and I know I would have loved it if I wasn't mentally ill. I thought I could manage it but apparently not.
Is anyone going through the same thing? Do you have any advice?

• Hugs
Reactions: StillWaiting, Moonicide and WhyIsLife56
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Antinatalism + Efilism ❤️
Nov 4, 2019
I just finished exams today and I had to force myself to study and do the exams. It was utter torture. I just wanted to sleep all day.
I'm not sure if it's the best advice but listening to music helps a lot. Like putting something in in the background to distract yourself while studying.

• Hugs
Reactions: Moonicide and TearyEyedQueen
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I totally gave up on trying to do schoolwork. I'm now only enrolled for all of the free money I get.

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
You get money for going to school? How man how?

[Undisclosed] Act + Financial Aid. I used to get more money before I was 26 but I lost my VA Ch. 35 benefit which is a free 1000 check in the mail every month you're enrolled full time. My parents also pay most of my bills so it's free spending money. This is how I made it to 27 without any job experience (thank frickin' god!)

EDIT: better leave that part out.

Last edited:
Reactions: First loss and Cevapcici
StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
Hi. I am in a similar situation. To be honest, I am still struggling with it.
Do you have any course mate you know? Maybe it is better to get the person's help to know what's going on in the class you missed?

A

Anathema

Dec 2, 2019
I am currently doing a degree in math and comp sci. I do not go outside, not even to attend lectures. Not even to submit assignments in person. I study notes at home. I haven't left the house in weeks, and probably only about 20 times this year and that's just for psychotherapy. The University knows of my situation, told me it's technically against the rules and I could be forced to return my stipend. (We get paid to study here)
I love learning, a lot. I just cannot deal with the stress anymore, the course is very study intensive and all the assignments are hard. The slightest push and I fall apart. Whenever an assignment is given, even if its deadline is a month, I feel horrible. I go from neutral to dysfunctional in seconds.
My short term memory is not what it used to be and it's making understanding math a real challenge.
I cycled through 6 different medications and none of them did anything but give me horrible lethargy.
So how do I deal with my studies? I just do what I can bear, and I don't care about the outcome anymore.
I know my grades will suffer, I was aiming for high grades so I could get accepted for a Master's or even a Ph.D but the chances of that, given my likely assessments, are slim.