• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
I don't know what the criteria is for newsworthy suicide.

Reactions: VincentValentine, dano6533 and Samuel
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Reactions: VincentValentine, dano6533, Irukinj and 6 others
D

Deleted member 847

People die everytime. They can't document all the events. I wouldn't even care. One day our species will become extinct and all the data will be erased.

Reactions: dano6533, Irukinj, FredTheCripple and 3 others
FredTheCripple

FredTheCripple

Mar 21, 2018
It won't matter to you if you're dead.

Reactions: dano6533, azeton, Irukinj and 2 others
D

Deleted member 847

It won't matter to you if you're dead.
Some people who want to ctb paradoxically care about their reputation. I don't understand this either. This whole world has no real importance, and it's just a pathetic point in the universe doomed to oblivion live everything else. All the idiots that might laugh about your suicide will die too and become worm food.

Reactions: dano6533, azeton, Irukinj and 4 others
Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
Some people who want to ctb paradoxically care about their reputation. I don't understand this either. This whole world has no real importance, and it's just a pathetic point in the universe doomed to oblivion live everything else. All the idiots that might laugh about your suicide will die too and become worm food.

Due to life feeling so insanely long, it's hard for me not to feel like those alive would be better off than 'dead me.'

Reactions: dano6533
G

goggleboxers

Student
May 24, 2018
You won't make the national tv news but undoubtedly you'll make the online news websites for the area you ctb in

Reactions: dano6533 and Tiburcio
FredTheCripple

FredTheCripple

Mar 21, 2018
My theory is some people believe their reputation somehow carries over into the afterlife.

Reactions: dano6533
LookMomImFlying

LookMomImFlying

Apr 23, 2018
Suicide is considered taboo in the USA and Europe so the chances of it being reported are slim to none unless its in a public fashion (and/or you are a celebrity). They don't want copycats so they don't cover suicide, unlike mass shooters who they make celebrities so others do it.

It sucks that my only option is jumping from a bridge, which gives it a better than not chance of being covered in the news. Only good news is that the bridge is in a fairly remote area so maybe nobody will notice. Now if you jumped from a building in New York or from the Golden Gate Bridge, you will be on the news. An average Joe or Jane hanging themselves in their bedroom typically doesn't make news unless they tie a brand to it, like cyberbullying.

Reactions: dano6533, Tiburcio and Gumby