• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

wastingpotential

wastingpotential

drowning, always.
Feb 8, 2023
Is anybody on here a NEET? and like someone who doesn't rely on anybody else for food, sanction, etc.

i'm so sick and bored of life that the idea of staying in my bedroom all day with no priorities whatsoever sounds like a dream come true after everything i endured in this life, i'm already living similarly as i don't go outside that often anymore unless it's grocery shopping, etc. but i live with family and extended relatives currently while also studying.

It just made me wonder about the independent NEETs out there, how do they manage? Especially in such a shitty economy and with inflation rates? I can understand not having the need to buy clothes and such if you don't leave the house too, but rent and food seems impossible to get by without the assistance of somebody

Reactions: ColorlessTrees, sserafim and Rocinante
sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
@Rocinante are you an independent NEET?

• Yay!
Reactions: Rocinante
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
@Rocinante are you an independent NEET?
I haven't been NEET for a while now. That life sucks ass unless you're an introvert

Anyway,

The obvious route to achieving independency would be to obtain SSI/Disability. It's the largest step you can take towards having a source of income that isn't working, and assuming you reside in the west, it's a decent amount. My brother receives 1200$~ a month. Many neets rely on it to afford their housing and copes, though the latter takes saving if your hobbies are massive expenses. Like building a new gaming PC, for example.

Steps towards having independency, sources of incomes, and alternatives

- Getting on SSDI 1500$~ a month I think with SSDI you can get subsidized housing, or very low cost rentals. Available since receiving SSDI would mean you have very low income and are a disabled adult. You also have healthcare covered and can get on SNAP.

- Donate blood/plasma 400$+ a month

- Flipping, if you have a very niche interest then going to pawns, yard sales, flea markets, etc.. can generate a decent amount of pay. It's easier to buy these at bottom dollar since people are looking to rid of them, and you can easily flip it on eBay, Craigslist, or marketplace. Did this with guitar related stuff and music records.

- Teaching/Lessons I gave guitar lessons here and there for a bit of side cash. It's an easy hustle if you have the knowledge required to give. It was more like over-glorified and underpaid babysitting, if anything. Also isn't viable since I don't have my own place and allocated time to teach, or having people available to come at that time isn't possible

- Sports betting / Gambling Any sport you're interested in there's money to be made if you know your picks will be right. I've made a bit on MMA parlays. Never did it much and have only earned around 202$? Overall, which came from a UFC 298 parlay.

If housing isn't affordable, then you can always try shared living. Renting will be much lower since you'll be sharing your expenses with roomates. Even though you want a place to yourself, you'd still be able to have your own room. And assuming your roomate/s work, you wouldn't have to see them much, if at all. So long as you adjust your sleep schedule into allowing you to avoid them. Theres also mini houses, and Van living, which is getting bigger as housing becomes less affordable. I'm not familiar with either of those so I can't comment much on that. But the options are there. Assuming your parents have land, you could reside there, just avoid them. There's also SEA countries, which I've heard require little money to become a resident in. SSDI would be enough to make you eligible. You'd live more comfortably there than in the west.

With all that said, neeting is hell and a massive hole to climb out of. The longer time carries on with you neeting, the further behind you'll be compared to your peers, and the less time you'll have to meet deadlines, thankfully where I live nobody amounts to nothing so people don't have high expectations anyway. I'm also against cheating the system for money if you're not actually disabled or incapable of working,

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: wastingpotential, ColorlessTrees, innominesatanas44 and 2 others
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
You answered a bit yourself.
Without money it is very difficult/impossible.

I am currently NEET.
I had decided last year that I wanted CTB, so I wanted to enjoy some peace and quiet.
I like being NEET.

My money is slowly running out, so my date with death is coming.
And that's the problem.
Without money/source of money you cannot be NEET.
I have my own earned money, so I can be NEET for some time.
I certainly don't want to be a freeloader dependent on someone else. I would just feel bad about myself.
But this is my individual point of view.

If I magically got x million in money right now, I wouldn't complain.
I could extend my insignificant existence a little.

The general answer is that being NEET is a luxury that not everyone can afford.
But it is also a curse.

• Hugs
Reactions: wastingpotential, ColorlessTrees, sserafim and 1 other person