Enigmatic Sailor

Enigmatic Sailor

vicissitudes of fate...
Oct 29, 2021
It seems my mind is stuck on one and only one perspective. I have a narrow world view and it's suffocating. How can I expand and add depth to my creativity further?

Shepherd's boy

Shepherd's boy

I will go with you
May 19, 2022
Try to express your thoughts and feelings through painting. I used to imagine different beautiful places in my head and I wish I could to paint them.

• Yay!
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood, Cathy Ames and Dead Ghost
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
Years ago I used to walk to relax and then guide my thoughts with music and depending on the style of this I could draw better (put Joe Hisaishi or other symphonic music), play video games better (a music that set you the pace that was present in every video game I played) or that made me think about how I feel and what goals I could set as goals to move forward and improve my day to day.

But the basis, for me, has always been to relax to dispose of my mind as it suits me ... at least before.

Good bye
//
Jo fa anys acostumava a caminar per relaxar-me i després guiava els meus pensaments amb música i en funció de l'estil d'aquesta podía dibuixar millor (posava Joe Hisaishi o d'altre música simfònica), jugar als videojocs millor (una música que et marqui el ritme que hi havia present en tots els videojocs que jugava) o que em fés reflexionar sobre com em sento i quins próposits em podía fixar com a metes per seguir endavant i millorar el meu dia a dia.

Però la base, per a mi, sempre ha estat relaxar-me per disposar de la meva ment com em convingui... almenys abans.

A reveure

Reactions: Cathy Ames and MellowAvenue
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
You might try conceptualizing a fiction story. For example, you can select a character and a location and some place the character has to go. If you let your mind consider unusual tasks, locations, motives, and difficulties, you might be able to expand your thinking to risk the foolish to chance the interesting.

Reactions: Dead Ghost and onlyanimalsaregood
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
Find a creative person, and eat their liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

• Yay!
Reactions: Nova and MellowAvenue
Enigmatic Sailor

Enigmatic Sailor

vicissitudes of fate...
Oct 29, 2021
Find a creative person, and eat their liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.
exbO7Mth.jpg

• Yay!
Reactions: Cathy Ames, Dead Ghost and GentleJerk
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
This is an interesting question, especially because it seems like you are linking "expanding your world view" with "being creative." I think the best ways to expand a world view are by reading fiction or living in a foreign country. If you get into reading fiction, I believe it may serve a dual purpose and spark your creativity as well.

If you can expand upon what you mean by "being more creative" or "creativity" I might think of some more things. [I used to be creative--by which I mean I designed and made things with my hands or at least designed the things (even if I never got around to making them), and I had ideas to solve different problems, and I also wrote music and poetry. I'm not saying I was necessarily good at any of these, although some people thought that I was. But the actions do count as creativity. By my definition of creativity.]

• Yay!
Reactions: Dead Ghost and onlyanimalsaregood
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
scooby doo laughing GIF

This is an interesting question, especially because it seems like you are linking "expanding your world view" with "being creative." I think the best ways to expand a world view are by reading fiction or living in a foreign country. If you get into reading fiction, I believe it may serve a dual purpose and spark your creativity as well.

If you can expand upon what you mean by "being more creative" or "creativity" I might think of some more things. [I used to be creative--by which I mean I designed and made things with my hands or at least designed the things (even if I never got around to making them), and I had ideas to solve different problems, and I also wrote music and poetry. I'm not saying I was necessarily good at any of these, although some people thought that I was. But the actions do count as creativity. By my definition of creativity.]
I agree. Good advices :)

Reactions: Dead Ghost and GentleJerk
O

OctoberDusk

Apr 26, 2022
Perhaps try this. Notice a person, any person, walking down the street, driving, at a store, or even in a background of a video/news story. Focus on him or her. Imagine what their day is like. What are they thinking. What brought them to that place at that moment in time. What is this person's hopes, dreams, fears. How's their home decorated?

Then try with someone else. Imagine, speculate, empathize. Then maybe write down an ode, a song, or a sketch of what you imagine.

Reactions: Dead Ghost
N

Nova

May 26, 2018
It seems my mind is stuck on one and only one perspective. I have a narrow world view and it's suffocating. How can I expand and add depth to my creativity further?
Are you talking about becoming more artistically creative, or becoming able to generate more options and solutions for your life ?

C

CC123

Arcanist
Mar 2, 2019
Remember Edison.
Lots of failures until the "right" things occurs.
Lots of writers and painters and musicians make myriad tries before something good is created.
Can't expect wonderfulness right away, or anytime soon.

• Hugs
Reactions: Someone123
indica

indica

🌿
May 27, 2022

Reactions: CC123