Turkish_Rose

Turkish_Rose

Garden of Eden enjoyer.
Nov 5, 2023
I was recently in the hospital due to how bad of a problem and severe my self-harming tendencies have become. I had in a fit of rage cut myself so gruesomely, that I would have died if it wasn't for being presented to the emergencies.

I need to find a way to put a stop to a problem I've been having since I was 5. I have no idea how to approach this in the slightest, due to how it has acted as my best coping mechanism for most of my life. Any tips or thoughts would go a long way and be very appreciated. :)

• Hugs
Reactions: Heartaches, LonelyKitten, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
I was recently in the hospital due to how bad of a problem and severe my self-harming tendencies have become. I had in a fit of rage cut myself so gruesomely, that I would have died if it wasn't for being presented to the emergencies.

I need to find a way to put a stop to a problem I've been having since I was 5. I have no idea how to approach this in the slightest, due to how it has acted as my best coping mechanism for most of my life. Any tips or thoughts would go a long way and be very appreciated. :)

Hve u bn givn n.e specfc thrpies fr s.h -- e.g DBT

Dbt technques r oftn usd fr slf-hrm & thre r sme wrk-shts & a free onlne crse on wrk-shts & wrk-bks mgathred

• Informative
Reactions: CandyK__, FloraKilter and Praestat_Mori
FloraKilter

FloraKilter

Oct 24, 2019
I want to second DBT. That therapy was pretty effective for me to get a handle on my cutting. I'm not going to lie, the therapy isn't easy and requires your full participation to work. But it truly helps and it can make you feel better.

In the short term intense exercise can stand in for self harm. It's also helpful to try to pinpoint your triggers leading up to a self harm episode, recognize what puts you in the headspace to harm and attempt to intervene with other coping strategies before you have an overwhelming urge to hurt yourself.

Good luck.

Anonymoususer1234

Anonymoususer1234

Experienced
Apr 13, 2023
I like to keep busy. It's pretty hard to cut yourself when you're always running off your ass. Maybe that's not the healthiest either. I don't know
—\(-_-)/—

hxppythxught

hxppythxught

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。゚
Feb 14, 2023
DBT will help with these urges and such, look up TIPP skills.

• Informative
Reactions: CandyK__
AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
Haven't heard from you in a bit @Turkish_Rose. 🫂💖

• Hugs
Reactions: LonelyKitten