K

kvsvenky100

Student
Dec 7, 2023
I've heard one can become a vegetable with SN and now I'm really scared...

KatzeK4

KatzeK4

Katze
Mar 23, 2023
Take the recommended doses, fast, and make sure no one will find you. I also made an DNR just in case if I ever get into an accident or CTB but fail.

Reactions: kvsvenky100
D

delayedcactus

Nov 27, 2023
This is my biggest fear with SN honestly

Reactions: divinemistress36
A

annique

earth's rotation gets me dizzy everyday
Jul 5, 2022
how can one become disabled with failing at an sn attempt? how can you end up like if you fail?

C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
how can one become disabled with failing at an sn attempt? how can you end up like if you fail?
From what I read if I remember correctly is that since SN deprives you of oxygen it'd be similar to a failed hanging attempt with permanent brain damage from oxygen deprivation. The only issue is having enough time to not be found.

I'd post references from threads, but the search bar isn't working right now for some reason.

• Informative
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and ForgottenAgain
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
I don't know anyone who became disabled after failing sn. Maybe organ damage but not disability

Reactions: doomedtolive and dying flower
D

delayedcactus

Nov 27, 2023
I don't know anyone who became disabled after failing sn. Maybe organ damage but not disability
Something that's come up often in other threads is what if those who were successful in their ctb actually ended up worse off and unable to report back here due to some unfortunate brain damage. Not to fear monger but the thought has come up before. We just wouldn't know about it obviously.

D

dying flower

Jan 6, 2024

I've heard one can become a vegetable with SN and now I'm really scared...
I have read the SN compilation and it says that the poison is reversible but even if ambulance is called survival isn't guaranteed šŸ™

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Something that's come up often in other threads is what if those who were successful in their ctb actually ended up worse off and unable to report back here due to some unfortunate brain damage. Not to fear monger but the thought has come up before. We just wouldn't know about it obviously.
Well I'm sure if something like this occurred the media would be all over it like it is with hanging

D

delayedcactus

Nov 27, 2023
So I had asked this exact question in Quora recently and I'm sharing a doctor's reply. I hesitated sharing this initially bc I didn't want any backlash of ppl claiming I'm pro-life or anything. SN is absolutely my chosen method but I need to be 1000% sure that it wouldn't leave me worse off so I'm trying to collect more data. I'm hoping that as time goes on, we'll have more knowledge about what constitutes a sublethal dose. But obviously, there will still be some guesswork involved bc everyone's different and some ppl have passed from even 2g of SN.
001467 Is it possible to fall into a vegetative state if you accidentally ingest a fata

• Informative
Reactions: losing hope and dggtscccvfd
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
So I had asked this exact question in Quora recently and I'm sharing a doctor's reply. I hesitated sharing this initially bc I didn't want any backlash of ppl claiming I'm pro-life or anything. SN is absolutely my chosen method but I need to be 1000% sure that it wouldn't leave me worse off so I'm trying to collect more data. I'm hoping that as time goes on, we'll have more knowledge about what constitutes a sublethal dose. But obviously, there will still be some guesswork involved bc everyone's different and some ppl have passed from even 2g of SN.
View attachment 127175
I mean technically yeah but I bet the difference between a vegetative state and death is so small it's practically impossible to save someone that way without them either recovering or dying but idk

Reactions: Meditation guide
D

delayedcactus

Nov 27, 2023
Well I'm sure if something like this occurred the media would be all over it like it is with hanging
In one way, you're right and I feel some comfort in the fact that the media isn't trying to draw too much attention to SN bc they know how potent and lethal it is. If you google sodium nitrite poisoning in Google News, only 7 pages of results come up and it's mostly the same cases reposted by different sites.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I think that if your blood is unable to transport oxygen you will be in a coma, where the brain hasn't received oxygen, for a brief period before you ultimately die. This may last a few minutes to an hour possibly but at some point you will die.

I've read of people losing consciousness in the ambulance that was taking them to the hospital so for some, immediate loss of consciousness does not happen, although the muscles will be deprived of enough oxygen that moving or seeing is impossible.

At that point tips of fingers and lips will be turning blue. Without proper treatment at the hospital the patient would die.

I have noticed, after being on this site for a few years, those who managed to drink a second glass of SN after vomiting were more assured of a swift passage. I want to emphasize it is rare that people survive a large dose of SN without treatment in a hospital.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: losing hope, dggtscccvfd and Praestat_Mori
D

delayedcactus

Nov 27, 2023
I think that if your blood is unable to transport oxygen you will be in a coma, where the brain hasn't received oxygen, for a brief period before you ultimately die. This may last a few minutes to an hour possibly but at some point you will die.

I've read of people losing consciousness in the ambulance that was taking them to the hospital so for some, immediate loss of consciousness does not happen, although the muscles will be deprived of enough oxygen that moving or seeing is impossible.

At that point tips of fingers and lips will be turning blue. Without proper treatment at the hospital the patient would die.

I have noticed, after being on this site for a few years, those who managed to drink a second glass of SN after vomiting were more assured of a swift passage. I want to emphasize it is rare that people survive a large dose of SN without treatment in a hospital.
I think what I'm worried about is vomiting the first glass while you're unconscious early on, at which point there isn't anything you can do obviously. Then I think it may be possible to have a sublethal amount of SN in your system.