LifeSucks39

LifeSucks39

Student
Feb 14, 2020
How to achieve partial hanging succesfully?

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust
Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
You make a noose, using a slip knot. Your head goes in there. You tie the other end of the scarf (or rope or whatever; a scarf is OK) to something, to hang from. I'm not sure what knot you use at that end. And I think the idea is that the knot at the head end presses against your neck in such a way as to restrict the carotid artery, ideally without restricting the veins or your trachea.

NB I don't know what I'm talking about. I just thought I'd say what I think in the hope that someone will confirm it or correct whatever I've got wrong. I've read the first 2 pages and the most recent posts of the hanging megathread, and I still don't know what I'm doing.

Reactions: Cherrypea
valentine

valentine

Student
Apr 2, 2019
Once you get a slipknot, you'll want to get two things to compress your carotid arteries. The method thread on partial hanging has good advice but personally I had success with two socks I taped up. You don't want to suffocate, you want a blood choke. You can feel your carotid arteries on the sides of your neck where it's beating strongest close to your windpipe. You'll want to put your objects (like the socks) right where those are. If you do it correctly you'll be out very quickly.
I would recommend definitely going over the partial hanging thread because it explains it pretty concisely.

Reactions: sadgirl9999 and Failedboy
L

lonelygirl66

Lonely
Mar 13, 2020
Can you do this whilst under the influence of drink.

BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/how-to-hang-yourself.1183/