Avicii

Avicii

Looking
Sep 4, 2018

I mean if your standing on the track as this roars towards you surely your just going to go right under it

Mich517

Mich517

Ex-musician
Jan 9, 2019
Maybe due to desperation, impulse. Like with self-harm.

N

NOT

Experienced
Apr 16, 2019
I am so sorry that in my country there are no fast trains. This would be my method.

Reactions: SomebodyBroken and Ivenocare
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
That would be my method but derailing an entire train, traumatising the driver and making railway guards flock to the scene, take me to psych ward and possibly fine me is too terrifying so I only tried once.
And my guess is they dont stand, they lie down so their heads get cut off, but someone here said this isnt actually the case usually so idk

Reactions: soda_pressed, Honigwaffel, GreyMagic and 1 other person
sunny.sativa

sunny.sativa

organic
Apr 2, 2019
I was considering this a couple of months ago, I thought maybe if I just blindfolded myself and blasted Glass Animals through my Beats, it'd make it a quick deal.

Reactions: maka and Ivenocare
D

Dead Mans Shoes

May 6, 2019
I couldn't do this. Because of the driver. I thought about getting really drunk and making it look like an accident. But here's no way you'd be on the tracks on accident here.

Reactions: RedSalvation15, Honigwaffel and Ivenocare
S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019
I always thought this was hardcore and scary af but I guess there's some sense to it

Reactions: TheGoodGuy and Ivenocare
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
It's amazing how powerful those trains are. I live near a commuter train and there are Amtrack trains on the inside of them. There's a fence running down the middle now, but you used to be able to walk across the tracks on boards. It's hard to explain if you've never seen it. I remember thinking one of those Amtrack's was way off in the distance. Nope, I mean that thing went so fast I was barely across the middle and shaking from the velocity of it. I think about doing this all the time but it's a hell of method for overcoming SI. I wonder if you just laid your head across the tracks if the driver would even notice.

S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
Know a guy who cleans up bodies of people who jump in front of trains. He has many scars.

Whether suicide in itself is selfish or not is a different debate, but doing it by train definitely is. Especially if you do it from a rational standpoint. I guess some people really get caught up in emotions and make an impulsive decision. You can't blame them as hard.

Reactions: TiredHorse, Ruffian and RedSalvation15
R

RedSalvation15

Mar 13, 2019
Please... never choose a method where another person "murders" you indirectly, altough it's not really their fault, like by trains, cars, trucks, etc.

You may traumatize them for a hellton of time, maybe even to the end of their lifes.

Reactions: TiredHorse and Ruffian
S

SomebodyBroken

Experienced
May 6, 2019
Please... never choose a method where another person "murders" you indirectly, altough it's not really their fault, like by trains, cars, trucks, etc.

You may traumatize them for a hellton of time, maybe even to the end of their lifes.
hm. anyway we are traumatize people who search and clean(purify) our body... need legal euthanasia >_>

R

RedSalvation15

Mar 13, 2019
hm. anyway we are traumatize people who search and clean(purify) our body... need legal euthanasia >_>

Sure... someone has to clean "it" up, still I see a clear difference in that. Traumtizing someone by giving them a feeling of (wrong) guilt and by traumatizing someone by giving them a brutal picture.
But yeah - I get what you mean.

Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
I've told this tale a few times here. I wouldn't recommend this method if you can help it.
My grandpoppa killed himself by stepping in front of a train.
The body was a absolute wreck and they struggled to identify it.
We had to go to an inquest to determine the cause of death and the driver gave a witness testimony, it was harrowing and the impact it had in him was awful.
DBD

Reactions: Soul
S

SomebodyBroken

Experienced
May 6, 2019
I've told this tale a few times here. I wouldn't recommend this method if you can help it.
My grandpoppa killed himself by stepping in front of a train.
The body was a absolute wreck and they struggled to identify it.
We had to go to an inquest to determine the cause of death and the driver gave a witness testimony, it was harrowing and the impact it had in him was awful.
DBD
there is one problem. if society or the state does not want to help us, why should we help keep people mentally stable? (in general, I agree, but I morally sit down on the bus and change my mind a little)

R

RedSalvation15

Mar 13, 2019
there is one problem. if society or the state does not want to help us, why should we help keep people mentally stable? (in general, I agree, but I morally sit down on the bus and change my mind a little)
Because not everybody is automatically an asshole that deserves doom. Would you really risk to impact a person that cared about everyone else and always ment to be one of the "good" ones?

Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
We I'd like to try and live my life, however shitty and miserable free from harming anyone if I can help it, it's my skew'd version of moral high ground.

Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
I always consider that when I just want to run down to the tracks. The poor driver. It's bad enough you have to traumatize your own loved ones - don't take someone else's down with you.