forest_ice

forest_ice

she/her 🏳️‍⚧️
Aug 18, 2023
i have a girlfriend and i'm thinking about dying shortly after we break up. it's been a while coming because we have very little in common and she's increasingly pushing me away.

do you think it's shitty to break up and then one of you dies after?

ClownCringe

ClownCringe

Remember being able to move?
Jan 18, 2020
Depends how much you care about how they'll react, if you were close.,Give it a bit of time. Its a bad reason to die imo.

forest_ice

forest_ice

she/her 🏳️‍⚧️
Aug 18, 2023
never said that was my reason

in fact i've posted about it before. i've been through way too many things.. hospitalization, murder, rape, pedophilia, just to name a few. hell, that was all just this year.

she has little part in me wanting to die besides pushing me away. i don't have anyone else in my life

Last edited:
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
It can be shitty depending on her perspective on death and if you disclose why you did it.

A lot of people don't understand we usually don't have one thing happen in life to make us ctb. It's usually a chain of events and we eventually just want it to end.

It would be best to let time pass so she's less likely to feel she caused you to ctb but there's ways to minimize that. I personally respect your decision regardless and best of luck.

Z

zeropercentangel

Jan 23, 2023
I don't think someone should keep suffering so other people wouldn't miss them. If you don't want her to feel responsible for your death, you should leave a note saying that this was your decision and it's not anyone else's fault.

iori011x3

iori011x3

Selflessness, contribution, service ❤️
Nov 28, 2023
definitely give it time. i recently got dumped and it hurt like hell and i almost ctb. i didn't tho. i still feel somewhat suicidal but it's still manageable now compared to before. i dont think ctb because of a break up is necessarily bad, esp if it's something that is constantly tormenting you for years. but if it's recent then wait and see if time heals your wounds, cuz sometimes it does.

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
I've never thought of this before. Make sure that they don't see your dead body, or else it could mean permanent trauma. If you make sure to tell her in the note that she wasn't responsible, then it makes things a lot better.

LittleWrenBird

LittleWrenBird

Why can't I heal?
Oct 29, 2023
Personally I have a boyfriend I've been in a relationship with for 4~5 years now. He is anti-suicide. It makes me feel like absolute shit everytime I open up to him. He just looks at suicide as bad... It's to the point where I don't feel comfortable talking about it with him anymore.. Better to suffer in silence. I planned on ctbing away from him so he wouldnt have to see my body when all was done..

Maybe your significant other would be more understanding than mine.. I hope so. It's a lonely fucking road when your significant other doesn't know how to properly help you.