N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I am not sure if this translation fits. I mean things like health examinations or prevention of getting ill.

Many say depressive people neglect their dental health. This was also true for me. But now I try to be very disciplined. But when I was mentally very fucked I did not care about anything. Except all my OCD issues.
There was a time I did not care about getting cancer. I know it is really weird. But I like when food is a little bit too long cooked so that it is a little bit burned. I know very weird but I had first experiences with that as a child so I got used to it. It is really hard to get rid of that. But I have made a lot of progress. I hope it is not too late. I don't need cancer. Even though I wish I would get a deadly disease. But cancer is of course very torturous.

I think other people worry more about their physical health than me. I mostly worry and ruminate about my mental health because this is by far my biggest problem. I try to prevent getting ill again by any means. But in the end I cannot fully control it.

I don't go so often to the doctor for prevention. My healthy friends tell me they are sometimes scared of dying by an illness or stuff like terrorism or wars. I don't really relate to that. I have very concrete unsolvable issues. The things they worry about seem to be too vague for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lily (Osako), waitingforrest, OpheliasFlowers and 3 others
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I don't respect my health, I live as if I'm going to die soon anyway.

Well done for looking after yourself better, it's a big step

Last edited:
Reactions: Lily (Osako), waitingforrest, OpheliasFlowers and 1 other person
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
Doctors are for people who want to live. I avoid them especially psychiatrists but they're not real Dr's.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lily (Osako), waitingforrest, OpheliasFlowers and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think that hospitals and other medical places are awful places. I always try to avoid them but I do fear getting more health problems to make my life even worse than it already is. It's just so horrible that our bodies are capable of torturing us in so many ways.

• Love
Reactions: waitingforrest and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
I do not have any bad habit, like drinking or drugs, i consider myself in good health but indeed I should probably do some periodical checkups. I am very hypochondriac but at the same time I am aware of that so I basically talk myself down automatically without even going to the doctor because I think that he will dismiss my problem as nonsense. Well I overthink everything, i know...

Lily (Osako)

Lily (Osako)

Everything all at once
Jul 30, 2022
I have to go to the dr due to my autoimmune disease. I was also going for pain management, but I quit. I was the perfect patient. Never ran out early, never abused my meds, always took them as prescribed. Never asked for an increase even when they weren't working well anymore. Never took unprescribed meds. But I was still treated like a drug seeking addict.
So I quit and now self medicate.
I also quit counseling. One appointment every 4 months was a waste of time and money.
If this medication for my disease doesn't start working better, I'm going to quit this as well.
I'm not going to keep paying for things that don't work or to be treated like shit.

GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
If everything goes according to the plan, my body will be worm food by winter, so I do not plan to see a doctor ever again unless I'm in awful pain.

I wasn't the biggest health nut before things got this bad either. I have several chronic illnesses, so I don't really see a point in stressing over diet, avoiding alcohol or taking supplements if that is not going to make me feel all fine and healthy anyway. I know things that make my particular issues flare up and I avoid those things whenever possible and I used to see a doctor reasonably often, although I've seen a lot of shitty doctors in my life, so I'm really beyond taking any doctor's advice as gospel without hearing a second opinion.

There was a time I did not care about getting cancer. I know it is really weird. But I like when food is a little bit too long cooked so that it is a little bit burned. I know very weird but I had first experiences with that as a child so I got used to it. It is really hard to get rid of that. But I have made a lot of progress. I hope it is not too late. I don't need cancer.
As of now, the only real proven connection between lifestyle and cancer incidence is the connection between smoking cigarettes and lung cancer. When it comes from all other forms of cancer, no one really understands what causes it, other than that you're more likely to get it when you get older. There are some things that are statistically more likely to correlate with certain cancers such as eating certain types of processed foods or taking certain medication, but this correlation isn't that well-defined and for all we know might be nothing but coincidence. With that in mind, the whole "you will get cancer from burnt food!" is not exactly an old wives tale...but it is a severe oversimplification. What is really proven by science is that certain types of cheap oil contain chemicals that are seen as "cancerogenic" (by a virtue of a certain correlation between people who consumed a lot of this chemicals and people with certain cancers, in other words, there isn't really a proof that this chemicals cause cancer, but that might be true), and concentration of these chemicals gets much higher when the oil is heated to extreme temperatures, especially repeatedly (such as when a fast-food chain uses the same oil for deep-frying over and over). That's it, that's the origin of the "when you burn food, your cooking oil turns to CANCER" idea. So I wouldn't worry about getting cancer from the burnt food you ate in the past, it is unlikely.