user667

user667

Student
May 11, 2020
planning on hanging myself with a necktie in my bathroom. have found the sweet spot and was close to unconsciousness but didnt keep going because I was just practicing. SI wasnt too bad. as long as I am left alone for an hour or two, is this method reliable?

• Hugs
Reactions: Pen>Sword, ansiedad, sadworld and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Well, I was never able to find the sweet spot so it might work for you but as for me...
I failed 4 times at partial. I just suck at it lol.

Many people have successfully ctb with this method so, I guess it is reliable but it doesn't work for me.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Pen>Sword, ansiedad, sadworld and 2 others
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
Partial is a reliable method but for some it might be hard to do. I've known people who tried it everyday until it finally worked for them.

Reactions: Pen>Sword, EmptyManForever and ansiedad
user667

user667

Student
May 11, 2020
Well, I was never able to find the sweet spot so it might work for you but as for me...
I failed 4 times at partial. I just suck at it lol.

Many people have successfully ctb with this method so, I guess it is reliable but it doesn't work for me.
ive failed so many times (maybe 10+) until monday i finally found the spot. having found the spot I would assume its fairly reliable.

• Hugs
Reactions: ansiedad, wolfsoul and WornOutLife
B

bob12

Mar 8, 2021
In my experience, even having found the spot does not make it reliable
Keeping the same amount of pressure even after you faint really requires meticulate preparations.

I'd venture you're bound to regain some consciousness around T+15s, and feel some uncomfort because you'll be choking (you'll hear yourself making choking sounds and convulsing). In case you still apply enough pressure at that point and in case you don't react fast enough to get out, you'll die.
But in my experience it's not a magical solution (although the fainting part can be almost absolutely painless, at least for me - that's why it is used in autoerotic asphyxiation)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pen>Sword
ansiedad

ansiedad

Alone
Dec 29, 2020
I tried it once. Was my first try and last, if you'll try partial to ctb you'll need to be so strong because its easy to scape and fail...
Im feel so guilty about that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pen>Sword
E

EmptyManForever

My wings were cut and now I can fly no more!
Oct 3, 2020
I think partial is very difficult to do , because for me SI saves me every time, I also get a panic attack when I try partial , imo I dont think partial is a reliable method, full suspension is more reliable when it comes to dying , theres no saving once you try full suspension , partial you can practice every day but full suspension is just one time you can do, and unless someone saves you you will die for sure

user667

user667

Student
May 11, 2020
I think partial is very difficult to do , because for me SI saves me every time, I also get a panic attack when I try partial , imo I dont think partial is a reliable method, full suspension is more reliable when it comes to dying , theres no saving once you try full suspension , partial you can practice every day but full suspension is just one time you can do, and unless someone saves you you will die for sure
i'm definitely looking at full as well. planning on trying partial soon and i am very determined so hoping it will work but if it doesn't i will try full. it seems to be weirdly uncommon on this site considering how common it is as a suicide method. there's not a lot of information.

Reactions: EmptyManForever
B

bob12

Mar 8, 2021
i'm definitely looking at full as well. planning on trying partial soon and i am very determined so hoping it will work but if it doesn't i will try full. it seems to be weirdly uncommon on this site considering how common it is as a suicide method. there's not a lot of information.
Lack of information probably comes from a high success rate (and that you can't half ass it: if you really do it, you should die).

Then the downside is that I'm pretty sure it is really painful. Completely choked, probably cartilage breaking, etc... Personnally I'm afraid

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Then the downside is that I'm pretty sure it is really painful. Completely choked, probably cartilage breaking, etc... Personnally I'm afraid
I see it as a short summary of my life on this planet.

user667

user667

Student
May 11, 2020
Lack of information probably comes from a high success rate (and that you can't half ass it: if you really do it, you should die).

i dont really care about pain. it is the highest success rate method that i have access to and thats all i care about. i need it to work.

Reactions: Venessolotic and mustard_glass