• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

V

vfghjkjhilkj

Nov 4, 2018
Are there any big risks of failure & brain damage, or is it regarded as a pretty reliable method?

I'm using 4kg or 5kg of premium charcoal briquettes in a small room, & I'll tape up etc the area as best as I can.

Dog Food

Dog Food

POS
Mar 27, 2018
Brain damage is pretty common if you fail. LostAllHope says its 71%.

Reactions: Samuel and RememberWhatUCameFor
W

Welcumtotherealworld

Student
Feb 12, 2019
Brain damage is pretty common if you fail. LostAllHope says its 71%.
71% is not worth it. Better to just find your sweet spot > buy a sturdy static rope > find a secluded location > full suspension

Reactions: Samuel
Jacquelyn

Jacquelyn

hellworld_kickflip888
Feb 23, 2019
71% is not worth it. Better to just find your sweet spot > buy a sturdy static rope > find a secluded location > full suspension
The lethality is 71% Not the failure rate.

Reactions: tlcmi and Circles
S

samuraiwarrior

Feb 28, 2019
Of all the methods that are described on "Lostallhopes", CO is the best. It has a higher rate of success + the pain is minimal + the body is not disfigured.

Recently I read an article about a blind girl who died in her car when she left it running only for a few minutes but still died in about 2 hours. Even I am planning for a 5 KG bag. But the mistake most people make is they burn the entire charcoal then bring the embers in the room. This is where failure happens. The trick is to lit the fire and then cover it partially and go to sleep. If the coal is burning properly, it will make CO2, but if you achieve incomplete combustion, that will produce the CO. And by covering you also will not have to deal with much smoke.

Reactions: Rabitfever and tlcmi
W

whatever1111

Student
Feb 16, 2019
Of all the methods that are described on "Lostallhopes", CO is the best. It has a higher rate of success + the pain is minimal + the body is not disfigured.

Recently I read an article about a blind girl who died in her car when she left it running only for a few minutes but still died in about 2 hours. Even I am planning for a 5 KG bag. But the mistake most people make is they burn the entire charcoal then bring the embers in the room. This is where failure happens. The trick is to lit the fire and then cover it partially and go to sleep. If the coal is burning properly, it will make CO2, but if you achieve incomplete combustion, that will produce the CO. And by covering you also will not have to deal with much smoke.

can you talk about this a little more? do you plan to use up the whole 5kg at once with a starter, transfer it to a grill/pan, and then cover it and bring it in? not wait for it to become white?

S

samuraiwarrior

Feb 28, 2019
Initially I will wait for the smoke to clear as I plan to do in a hotel. So i need to get the smoke out. But I will transfer it to bathroom after about 15 mins and i will seal the bathroom completely and let it suck up all the oxygen from there as well. Before that I will drink about 2 bottles of cough syrup which are more than enough to get me sleepy. And I will sleep as little as possible the night before so I can sleep peacefully in the bathroom. I still am figuring it out. This is the way I wanna go so looking for it to be perfect. I just want to know for how long will the embers keep glowing after they are burnt out. Coz if they go out in couple of hours, I will have to improvise the plan.

Reactions: whatever1111
W

whatever1111

Student
Feb 16, 2019
i like the idea of doing CO, bought today part of the equipment but I'm anxious about doing it without a detector. failing is not an option. doing it in a hotel room seems very bold

V

vfghjkjhilkj

Nov 4, 2018
This is the way I wanna go so looking for it to be perfect. I just want to know for how long will the embers keep glowing after they are burnt out. Coz if they go out in couple of hours, I will have to improvise the plan.

I know a guy did everything right but did not die as he kept the charcoal in the chimney starter for too long. The charcoal should not be burning over a flame the entire time, as it needs to be cool and burning slowly. Over a flame, the whole time, it will be hot and burn quickly - exactly what we don't want to produce CO. The charcoal and CO will be nearly spent after nearly no time at all, like the guy who failed.

Around 20 / 25 minutes MAXIMUM in the chimney starter, just until top coals turn grey or lightly covered with ash.
Then we put it in a steel bucket and leave it outside for another 20 or so minutes, before it is cool and fully white (no black at all), and only then put it inside. It won't be smoking.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rabitfever
DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
Initially I will wait for the smoke to clear as I plan to do in a hotel. So i need to get the smoke out. But I will transfer it to bathroom after about 15 mins and i will seal the bathroom completely and let it suck up all the oxygen from there as well. Before that I will drink about 2 bottles of cough syrup which are more than enough to get me sleepy. And I will sleep as little as possible the night before so I can sleep peacefully in the bathroom. I still am figuring it out. This is the way I wanna go so looking for it to be perfect. I just want to know for how long will the embers keep glowing after they are burnt out. Coz if they go out in couple of hours, I will have to improvise the plan.
Hotels have Co detectors
Good luck getting around that aka you won't

Reactions: Arak
V

vfghjkjhilkj

Nov 4, 2018
i like the idea of doing CO, bought today part of the equipment but I'm anxious about doing it without a detector. failing is not an option. doing it in a hotel room seems very bold

CO Meter Not necessary. Think of how many east Asians successfully did it. They made sure they had an airtight very small space and did not skimp on the charcoal quality or quantity.

W

whatever1111

Student
Feb 16, 2019
CO Meter Not necessary. Think of how many east Asians successfully did it. They made sure they had an airtight very small space and did not skimp on the charcoal quality or quantity.

yeah, I know, but I'm clumsy and have a perfectionist side, I think It would be very difficult for me to pull it of on fate, even though it is rational faith, and not a wild guess. The idea of surviving with damage horrifies me

V

vfghjkjhilkj

Nov 4, 2018
yeah, I know, but I'm clumsy and have a perfectionist side, I think It would be very difficult for me to pull it of on fate, even though it is rational faith, and not a wild guess. The idea of surviving with damage horrifies me

Using a meter requires you to get in after the area has filled with CO. This will let out a signifiant amount of CO. Then you'll need to tape up the opening you just came through, but you might well fall unconscious before you can do this due to the pre-filled CO, leaving you unsafe.

You are more likely to do it wrong if you overthink it. Keep it sweet and simple. Complicate things, it'll go wrong.

W

whatever1111

Student
Feb 16, 2019
the idea is, I presume, first to test the room/coal with a detector, and to practice it a bit, not to come inside and close it off on first try... the part where I'm just guessing what is the ppm in the air and how long will it take is whats bothering me... but to each his own I guess :)

V

vfghjkjhilkj

Nov 4, 2018
the idea is, I presume, first to test the room/coal with a detector, and to practice it a bit..

Each bag or even lump of charcoal is different. So each time you do it, there is no guarantee it will be the same test results as before.

So your test results will be a vague guide, at best. Better to just use an excess of charcoal in the smallest place you can, in my view.

RottenOdysseus

RottenOdysseus

θᾰ́νᾰτος
Feb 25, 2019
Whats the risk of killing other people with this method?? Like if someone found you would they be effected too if they stayed for too long? Sorry I'm not really familiar with this method so if its a dumb question I apologize.

Reactions: Ldog9
DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
Whats the risk of killing other people with this method?? Like if someone found you would they be effected too if they stayed for too long? Sorry I'm not really familiar with this method so if its a dumb question I apologize.
It's a lot of gas being put out quickly
You need to put up signs to make sure nobody gets hurt
It's very dangerous if they were to open up wherever you were and step inside because the co buildup would be enormous

Reactions: Fgtexican, Its911 and Ldog9
S

samuraiwarrior

Feb 28, 2019
Well I live in India where we do not have a culture of barbecuing. The only time people buy charcoal is for hookah. And the hotel I am choosing is a 1 star hotel. Many hotels in India dont even have a smoke detector let alone a CO detector. Most of them dont even know what CO is. I will be doing it inside the airtight bathroom.

Edrudd

Edrudd

Student
Feb 24, 2019
Be careful I don't now if the smoke may attract staff right?

Edrudd

Edrudd

Student
Feb 24, 2019
How would someone fail chorchoal method? The only way is if they don't enough chorchoal for the space or someone save you right?

V

vfghjkjhilkj

Nov 4, 2018
How would someone fail chorchoal method? The only way is if they don't enough chorchoal for the space or someone save you right?

I am answering this so that you don't end up brain damaged for life, not because I wish for you to die.

These are the ways to fail:

1. Leaving charcoal in chimney starter for too long (more than 20/25 mins)
2. Putting charcoal in the space before it has turned entirely white and cool
3. Not sealing the space properly
4. Not using enough charcoal
5. Using poor quality charcoal
6. Using a space that is not small
7. Not disabling smoke / CO alarms, if they are too close-by
8. Being discovered before at least 8 to 10 hours
9. Letting the CO build and then entering later, meaning CO is lost, & the high CO may shock the body
10. Not using heat mats / bricks , etcetera , to put the container of coals on . To prevent fire .

However, I wish that you do not attempt but seek solutions to your issues.

S

samuraiwarrior

Feb 28, 2019
I think you are talking about the guy that left it for like 50 mins, then put it in his car and went 20 mins later. I always found this to be the mistake. If you really wanna kill yourself, you need atleast 10,000+ PPM levels to finish you off in few mins. But instead of doing that, I would like exposure for longer time with ppm greater than 500 for about 3 hours. I was reading the peaceful pill book and in that they tested the charcoal method. They put a 1.5 KG charcoal in center of a 20 ft container. And by looking at the pics it looked like a space with more than 1000 cubic foot. The levels of CO rose instantly. Within 15 to 20 mins, the levels were near 2000 PPM which is more than enough to kill if inhaled for an hour. Also after 1.5 Hours, the levels still stayed at 11,000 PPM. The only thing that concerns me is if I burn the charcoal outside and let the smoke go away and then bring it back in, will it reach lethal levels to kill me?

Its911

Its911

Sociopath
Feb 28, 2019
It's a lot of gas being put out quickly
You need to put up signs to make sure nobody gets hurt
It's very dangerous if they were to open up wherever you were and step inside because the co buildup would be enormous
For this method you have to be very careful and consider the well being of those who may find you, post a CLEAR warning sign, if your in a first story room that has a window, have them open the window (from the outside) to ventilate the room before going in, if not then they would have to open up the rest of the house, front door, windows exc. Before opening your door, and even then they may need to give the room and the house breathing time, as they may loose consciousness if they barge into the room... Consider all things when CTB'ing by CO

Its911

Its911

Sociopath
Feb 28, 2019
I think you are talking about the guy that left it for like 50 mins, then put it in his car and went 20 mins later. I always found this to be the mistake. If you really wanna kill yourself, you need atleast 10,000+ PPM levels to finish you off in few mins. But instead of doing that, I would like exposure for longer time with ppm greater than 500 for about 3 hours. I was reading the peaceful pill book and in that they tested the charcoal method. They put a 1.5 KG charcoal in center of a 20 ft container. And by looking at the pics it looked like a space with more than 1000 cubic foot. The levels of CO rose instantly. Within 15 to 20 mins, the levels were near 2000 PPM which is more than enough to kill if inhaled for an hour. Also after 1.5 Hours, the levels still stayed at 11,000 PPM. The only thing that concerns me is if I burn the charcoal outside and let the smoke go away and then bring it back in, will it reach lethal levels to kill me?

Yes they will keep producing CO after they stop smoking but you would need to change the quantity of charcoal used meaning a bit more with a 5g bad you have more than enough, leave outside 15-20 mins until white smoke disappears and bring it inside, remember to turn off the AC and seal the vents i read about a woman that forgot and ended up surviving with permanent brain damage.

Reactions: DT2007 and samuraiwarrior
W

whatever1111

Student
Feb 16, 2019
Yes they will keep producing CO after they stop smoking but you would need to change the quantity of charcoal used meaning a bit more with a 5g bad you have more than enough, leave outside 15-20 mins until white smoke disappears and bring it inside, remember to turn off the AC and seal the vents i read about a woman that forgot and ended up surviving with permanent brain damage.

'used meaning a bit more with a 5g bad you have more than enough'
this means 5 kg bag?

would you use several starters at once, so they are finished at the same time? I dont think mine can fit 5 kilos...

permanent brain damage is scary... unless it's really bad and my conception of self is gone lol...

Its911

Its911

Sociopath
Feb 28, 2019
'used meaning a bit more with a 5g bad you have more than enough'
this means 5 kg bag?

would you use several starters at once, so they are finished at the same time? I dont think mine can fit 5 kilos...

permanent brain damage is scary... unless it's really bad and my conception of self is gone lol...

Sorry it was a typo she used 5KG but she didint die because of two things one she left her AC vents open (didnt cover them) and she left the AC on idk what setting the AC was on, the article didnt specify, ill try and find the article tomorrow...

All the information you need for the CO method is here READ CAREFULLY AND THOROUGHLY

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/carbon-monoxide-megathread.2053

S

samuraiwarrior

Feb 28, 2019
Yeah I was actually planning to do in a bathroom. And i would drink 2 bottles of cough syrup to make me sleepy while the charcoal is burning. Then bring them in, and go to sleep coz with 2 bottles, i will definitely be sleepy in no time. Is 2 KG enough to do in a bathroom?

Its911

Its911

Sociopath
Feb 28, 2019
Yeah I was actually planning to do in a bathroom. And i would drink 2 bottles of cough syrup to make me sleepy while the charcoal is burning. Then bring them in, and go to sleep coz with 2 bottles, i will definitely be sleepy in no time. Is 2 KG enough to do in a bathroom?
Guys im no expert in this matter READ about your desired methods, maybe 2kg is, maybe it isnt... There are many variables in play... RESEARCH AND EDUCATE yourselfs before anything!!! As you may very well just end up burning down the building and taking 50 people with you.... Research please its for your own safety. Theres a big chance you may end up ALIVE and with serious brain damage if you do this method incorrectly...

Reactions: saw_him and whatever1111
Its911

Its911

Sociopath
Feb 28, 2019
As much as I agree with careful planning, I think there is some unnecessary scare mongering going on here.

I know of no case where a CO suicide victim has burn down his flat and 20 or so others. You will only start a fire if you have the intellectual capacity of Mr Bean. Common sense is all that is required.

And put up a few CO Warning signs. If they don't see those and open windows, or get help, well that is not your fault surely.. can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

We also tend to forget just how deadly CO is. Asians do it successfully all the time, and they don't overly plan it or overcomplicate it with alcohol or drugs etc. They just use common sense: very small space, & excessive charcoal quantity and quality.

I agree with both of your points, but i dont know his level of intellect, therefore he might be Mr.Bean or he might be Enstien. Still researching wont do any harm, it would be beneficial. Do you want his failed attempt and his worsened health on your hands because i wouldnt. When doing the CO method theres a lot of variables to take in place idk if his bathroom is 4x8 or 20x80, if it has air ducts in the ceiling, multiple windows various access points (hall and room) that why i just told him to research his charcoal isnt going to get up and walk away, he has time, id rather get it right the first time than go through failed attempts...