ScorpiusDragon

ScorpiusDragon

Mage
Mar 25, 2019
I read somewhere that two teen girls in Taiwan obtained charcoal and committed suicide in a motel room by burning charcoal. They sealed all the windows and doors.
How realistic is this as a possibility?

Reactions: Kikoo Loool
C

Cookiedough8956

Wowzers
Feb 24, 2019
Ita possible but must be an old motel...

The ones i book into have a carbon monoxide and smoke detector in each rooms

Also what am irresponsible thing to do! Im not shaming them but that is lethal gas and that could've killed innocent ppl and even animals.

S

secoma

Mar 16, 2019
There was a similar case in Japan too several days ago. A mid-aged man and woman died in a hotel room by burning charcoal.
in Japan "rentan" traslated to "briquette coal" is usually used. You can buy easily their burning set or rentan stove. Rentan suicide is obviously popular in recent years in this country.

Issk

Issk

Apr 22, 2019
Oh hey I'm from Taiwan. Burning charcoal in hotel or home is an often seen method to CTB here.

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I believe it's currently the most common method in several Asian countries, but we keep reading about Europeans and Americans failing with the method. I've started wondering if the charcoal readily available in Asia is different in some significant way than what people are buying elsewhere.

Issk

Issk

Apr 22, 2019
I believe it's currently the most common method in several Asian countries, but we keep reading about Europeans and Americans failing with the method. I've started wondering if the charcoal readily available in Asia is different in some significant way than what people are buying elsewhere.

Yeah it's super common here. Our government even prints alert on the charcoal bag, 'cherish your life, if you need help, please call hotline blah blah' because too many people successfully killed themselves by burning charcoal. I don't know if it's a comfortable way to go, my great concern of this method is it might easily cause a house fire.

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul
Dawn0071111

Dawn0071111

Hungry Ghost
Dec 9, 2018
Hi, I came very close to dying by this method on January. I taped myself into my bed room with a portable generator. My doors didn't lock. Someone how in a black out state of unconciousness, I "sleepwalked" accross the house into my kitchen and woke up on the floor, half gone. Survival instinct is strong, I should have bollted my doors. I ended up crawling out of the house because I was disoriented and panicked. I still have my generator, and it's my sense of peace that if shit goes bad again, I will know exactly what to do... and not do..... I realize why when people gas themselves in cars, they cut off the doorlocks or disable them somehow. I had thought of everythign but that. Or I could handcuff myself to the bed..... Lesson learned. I think I woke up because I was on the floor and co2 rises. If I had stayed out, i would have eventually took enough in to die.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Issk, Ampsvx123, Tristevie and 1 other person