Student
Feb 11, 2021
Is it nearly impossible?

Reactions: Pen>Sword
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I don't think it's impossible but those who dare to do it are probably desperate.

I think I might jump off a building before stabbing my neck lol

Reactions: Pen>Sword, DetachedDreamer97, greyismyfavecolor and 3 others
DownfallEnlightened

DownfallEnlightened

Mar 14, 2021
impulsive but possible. depends what your indentions are. Death, then get the right place, right blade
self harm then cut away and hope it hits somewhere vital
ive made cuts to my neck before

• Love
Reactions: ClairyFairy
gus.nixon

gus.nixon

and now we rise and we are everywhere
Apr 19, 2020
wow that would be a difficult way to go. SI is a real thing and I think my survival instinct would prevent me from plunging a knife into my neck. Some people have ctb with knives, just read up on musician Elliott Smith.
I am imagining just taking a large chef knife and ramming it into one side of my neck so hard that the tip comes out the other side. They say go big or go home, but this takes the cake.

LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
Most people have a large thick vein on each side of their neck,to see if you do put your thumb into your mouth and blow hard if You have them, a quick slash across each vein will end your days within 3 minutes!

• Wow
Reactions: greyismyfavecolor, Some1's_Wasted_Fetus and lofticries
LeGuitarist

LeGuitarist

Eternally Lost
Mar 19, 2021
Is it nearly impossible?
Not impossible, but yes, nearly impossible. The SI and the feat of finding a sharp enough knife will stop the majority from succeeding. Aka, 99.999% of people.

Reactions: Pen>Sword
M

Moonomyth

Student
Feb 6, 2020
Could be effective if you have no fear and can do it in one stroke, but man that seems like a hard visceral barrier to overcome. I feel like a lot of people would choke up and only partially hurt themselves.

Into The Void

Into The Void

Student
Mar 10, 2021
In all likelihood you will end up aborting, SI is real.

Reactions: Pen>Sword, greyismyfavecolor and ClairyFairy
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
Easier than the heart I think. If carotid is hit it's a not slow.

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I don't know about stabbing, but severing the carotid shouldn't be too hard. Just flex to pop out the artery. You would probably want some kind of topical anesthetic like Lidocaine, and a sharp scalpel. You can get these on amazon for $8:

• Wow
Reactions: justamortal, Pen>Sword and Some1's_Wasted_Fetus
ClairyFairy

ClairyFairy

Wizard
Jan 22, 2021
I don't know. I self harm and use blades and I think if you've got real intent you could properly mess yourself up. I also think that once you start losing blood you'll probably really panic. I don't think realistically many people die this way. It might just be because it's really hard to do

I

IWantToSleep

Experienced
Dec 27, 2020
It wouldn't be number one on my list of ways to go.

Reactions: greyismyfavecolor and ClairyFairy
Trisolaris

Trisolaris

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
In theory it could work. The problem is overcoming SI and pain.

Reactions: Pen>Sword, greyismyfavecolor and ClairyFairy
gus.nixon

gus.nixon

and now we rise and we are everywhere
Apr 19, 2020
I'm not a cutter so I don't know what it would feel like. I've gotten paper cuts once in a while and they hurt me a lot. I cannot imagine what ctb with a blade would be like.

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I'm not a cutter so I don't know what it would feel like. I've gotten paper cuts once in a while and they hurt me a lot. I cannot imagine what ctb with a blade would be like.
Your hands and fingers are some of the most nerve-dense parts of your body. You wouldn't even feel a paper cut on your arm.

Reactions: greyismyfavecolor
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
Most people have a large thick vein on each side of their neck,to see if you do put your thumb into your mouth and blow hard if You have them, a quick slash across each vein will end your days within 3 minutes!
I meant to say if you put your thumb in your mouth and blow hard the veins on each side of your neck will appear if you have them, Not everyone does!