Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
Has any one else noticed how easily people get offended. Sum times over the stupid of things . Like the ones who bin throwing statues in the river. I mean the person who its basted on is long dead. And what they did was in the parst so you cant alter it . Infact if they try to get rid of the bad stuff from the past we more likely to repeat it in sum sort of away. Its getting so bad its all most inposerbull to say any thing and not piss sum one of . Its a lot of these youngsters i know sum are ok but a lot of them just seem to scream and shout over the stupid of things. I dreading what they going to be like in another 10 to 20 years just glad I won't be around to see that . Read it sum were cant remember were but sum 20 something call another 20 something they were at university a silly name next thing they being taken to court. Over it sed it made him sad and upset and could not eat or sleep properly. Because of the name he call him lucky the judge threw it out of court. Dam whats it going to be like when he gets out in the real world and into the work place. With in a month more than likely going to have a neves break down. Dam i remember when i started my first job after leaving school i had the mick took out of me for the first six months. I use to just laugh it of and got on with my work . In an odd way after the six months they sort of respected me more . I think it was i did not scream and shout back and i did not going running of to the boss every time they call me a bad name. In the end i gave as good as i got great times in that job hard work but a good bunch of guys. They were all ways ready to help you if you got suck on a job if they needed any help setting up they next job i all ways ready to help them in return.

• Hugs
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Fragile, Brick In The Wall and 2 others
sighingspider

sighingspider

Hi, How are you.
May 28, 2020
I cant remember who said this quote, but I will always remember it for the rest of the remainder of my life, "If history has ever taught us anything, is that we never learn from it." I don't live in the US, but as far as I am concern, there will always be that riot that happens every generation and their cause is always the same thing. They don't realise that maybe, just maybe, if they didn't do what they did and tried something else maybe it would work?

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I've noticed that fairly frequently too. While I'm not a people person IRL and don't really interact with people IRL, just seeing the news and observing reading about people's reactions in forums around the Internet (outside of SS that is), I've seen it very frequently. So in short, yes, people do get offended very easily, especially if it is something that is tied to their identity and what they stand for.

• Hugs
Reactions: inactive, disabledandhopeless and Brick In The Wall
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
Your experience is solely yours. You were bullied at first but it stopped after some time. With other people it's not the same. No matter if they defend themselves or just suck it up, some people are victims of bullying in schools/workplace for as long as they stay there. Don't act like "not being offended" will stop bullying. It did with you, you don't know if it will with other people.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Cosmiq, Sprite_Geist and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
This thread offends me!
Tenor 39

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lorntroubles, inactive, XYZ and 4 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
We get offended by being shown out true selves embedded deep within things we superficially disagree with.

Reactions: XYZ
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
I believe it has to do with self esteem and self worth. For instance I lack these two qualities so I get very easily offended by things people say to me. I imagine that if I had more self esteem and felt more worthy other people's actions and words would not impact me so tremendously.

SoIntoYou

SoIntoYou

Pillowman
Jul 9, 2020
Contrary to what's being shown to you on a screen, by a video camera, for a fraction of the time something is actually happening, most people are not offended. This shit just blown up to get this very same reaction out of you and me. Most people have jobs and lives to live and don't give a shit about statues and protests. HOWEVER, this could very well change, because the reason they don't care is because it doesn't affect them or their lives directly. That is going to change however, when the virus and the reaction to the virus gets worse, more people lose their income, get evicted, end up on the street, and are in a prime position to fucking riot. This November. Be ready. Everything is coming to a head.

Cosmiq

Cosmiq

Student
May 7, 2020
Often times when people speak about how easily offended others are I think it just speaks to how sensitive they themselves are when it comes to other people's responses.