W

winterparty

Student
Jul 29, 2023
Hello,
I want to CTB and I have a few problems with it.
I know there are less painful methods but I want to know whether jumping from height is very painful on Impact or whether it's less painful in general to hang yourself full suspension.

Reactions: bridgegirl
Unwr!tten

Unwr!tten

Saltier than SN
Apr 10, 2023
depends on the height.

Reactions: winterparty
passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
depends on the height.
What they said. If your jump is high enough to kill or concuss on impact, it'll probably hurt less than suspension.

Reactions: Byebyemap and winterparty
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
I thought jumping was to result in an instant death? If you survive enough from jumping to feel the pain, you weren't high enough or impossibly unlucky. Hanging differs depending on how it's done, but after testing what many would consider the most painless way of hanging , I'd say it's uncomfortable enough to make your body fear the sensation.

Jumping: painless, but very scary

Hanging: Can be excruciating, but in the case of doing it partially without squeezing the windpipe it's more disorienting than anything. high to moderate fear.

• Informative
Reactions: bebebeep and winterparty
W

winterparty

Student
Jul 29, 2023
Thank you so much for your answers. I was talking about sufficient, deadly height. I've noticed Google delisted SS and I'm so angry now at humanity and the beast for sabotaging people with something so important

edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
I'm not picking on anyone... but I just don't understand when someone asks how painful or how this or that form of CTB, which in theory is highly lethal, feels like...

Isn't it supposed that if it is so lethal then the people who try it have a high probability of dying?... and if they die, how are they going to tell you?

I just don't see the point.

Reactions: Lookoutbelow
W

winterparty

Student
Jul 29, 2023
Look @edu0z. There are people who are incredibly sensitive to pain and there are people who sever their own arm without an anesthetic if they get stuck somewhere. I couldn't do that. I'd be someone who rather dies off dehydration so I get mildly pissed off if people don't get that point. If people weren't sensitive to pain at all there wouldn't be so many posts of people fearing to kill themselves

It's a complicated topic. I for example have a hard time imagining people who kill themselves for funsies.

Last edited:
Reactions: mysadstuff
W

winterparty

Student
Jul 29, 2023
Can someone else join the conversation?

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
If you fall on your head from a sufficient height I don't see how you can experience any pain at all

KSZ

KSZ

Dec 3, 2023
I believe, if you jump from a tall enough building, damage could be so fatal, death would be instant.

Ethernatuskoi

Ethernatuskoi

Life is a very bad joke
Oct 24, 2023
To be honest, I would be quite afraid of jumping, so I think hanging is the most viable option, at least for me.

If the methods are not carried out correctly, both the hanging and jumping options can leave you with injuries.

And to make matters worse, I will end up traumatizing the person who finds my body and even my family members, but I think this is inevitable.

Reactions: mysadstuff
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
Jumping is unreliable and you can't predict whether you'll die instantly or lay on the ground in agonizing pain. You would need a lot of floors than you think to guarantee jumping success.

Reactions: Abyssal
T

TransientEternal

Student
Sep 24, 2023
Hanging also depends on certain factors. Blocking the windpipe will result in a painful death while blocking the carotid arteries provides a fast unconscious state followed by death.

Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
I'm a jumper. I've done research. No pain on impact.

Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
How is that and can you link some of the research here? I'd be eternally grateful 😅 @Lookoutbelow
I'm not that technically savvy. The researchers interviewed jumping survivors. They all reported no memory of impact. One said it was like falling asleep while watching TV. "One minute your awake and the next minute your asleep."

Reactions: Dorito
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
"One minute your awake and the next minute your asleep."
Interesting point, however if we are talking about surviving jumpers then it should be noted that a majority of people regret jumping even before they land. It's hardly as peaceful as the impact makes it out to be. That said, there's a level of comfort in knowing that even those who fail aren't always met with excruciating pain.

MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Only way to know for sure is to ask people that have tried both ways.

certified_idiot

certified_idiot

No Longer Human
Dec 5, 2023
I'm not sure. Hanging is more accessible, in my opinion, because you can do it at home, and it doesn't require finding a building high enough or walking up stairs, which can be quite painful for people like me who are physically disabled, so it's my preferred method of CBT. If you do it correctly by putting pressure on your cordial arteries, you black out in seconds, but you can do it wrong. I also feel like jumping leaves more room for regret because you can't take it back. At least with hanging, you have the opportunity to take the noose off. If you'd rather jump, it's be better to fall from a significant height so you die immediately instead of bleeding on the ground for a bit before death.

B

Byebyemap

Dec 4, 2023
Hanging full suspension is up to 20 seconds until you loose consciousness I think. Really quick. Also less number of people who it can be traumatizing to.

When I tried full suspension for a few seconds I already felt like I was about to pass out. Supereasy.

Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
Interesting point, however if we are talking about surviving jumpers then it should be noted that a majority of people regret jumping even before they land. It's hardly as peaceful as the impact makes it out to be. That said, there's a level of comfort in knowing that even those who fail aren't always met with excruciating pain.
Yes most reported that they did regret jumping immediately. But the question usually asked is, "is it painful," apparently only psychologically painful but not physically painful. Unless you survive with injuries of course.

v089

v089

love u too, cv
May 9, 2023
I'd say it's easier to do hanging painlessly, at least if you do it correctly (by breaking your spine).And it's kinda hard to find a place high enough to die instantly on impact unless you live in some wicked mountains, cuz most high buildings have locks on windows and roof exits nowadays.

W

winterparty

Student
Jul 29, 2023
So my spot is 85m high. That's enough I guess?

W

winterparty

Student
Jul 29, 2023
Any thoughts? I'm so afraid of the pain of the impact that I lose track of my goal - killing myself safely. I guess it hurts. What if you bite your tongue on impact?

Life interrupted

Life interrupted

Trapped in life
Mar 18, 2022
If it's a tall building you'll explode like when your body is hit by a fast train. So you better choose a good hight

Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
Any thoughts? I'm so afraid of the pain of the impact that I lose track of my goal - killing myself safely. I guess it hurts. What if you bite your tongue on impact?
What makes you think it hurts? I've already posted that survivors claim no pain on impact. That is all we can go by. We can't ask the dead.