rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
please take part in the vote. Thanks❤️

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I don't understand why people continue to ask about ages in the suicide discussion section as I don't really see how it's relevant. People suffer and want to die no matter the age.

• Hmph!
Reactions: Downdraft, Skathon, Daxter_87 and 10 others
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I don't understand why people continue to ask about ages in the suicide discussion section as I don't really see how it's relevant. People suffer and want to die no matter the age.
No ulterior motive. Just to know the percentage in the age gaps. No one should be accused of having a young age to ctb or belittled for waiting until old age to ctb. Everyone's decision is respected.

P.s. mods please remove if it contradicts any rules or is offending to members.

Reactions: Hardcore_Henry, Celerity, Abyssal and 1 other person
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
No ulterior motive. Just to know the percentage in the age gaps. No one should be accused of having a young age to ctb or belittled for waiting until old age to ctb. Everyone's decision is respected.

P.s. mods please remove if it contradicts any rules or is offending to members.

i think it's okay. If they don't want to vote, then don't vote.
I personally find it a tad bit amusing that IF it's an opinion provided by someone else, im supposed to just ignore or shut up about it or consider that "it's their right, they dont have to explain themselves" or whatever. However, when the tables are turned and they come across something they don't like, then it becomes a whole thing. talk about hypocrisy.

• Love
Reactions: littlelungs, Pluto, LoiteringClouds and 7 others
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
I don't understand why people continue to ask about ages in the suicide discussion section as I don't really see how it's relevant. People suffer and want to die no matter the age.g
Good point. Me as an old fart do sometimes find it hard to relate to some of the younger people's issues. For example I don't have to worry about my parents catching me with whatever or fucking up my schooling (did that years ago). Just a thought.

• Yay!
Reactions: trashhologram, Deleted member 82921, Tears in Rain and 1 other person
breezeboy

breezeboy

To infinity and beyond
Dec 8, 2023
Here's the problem with this post, the one below which I occasionally bump back to the top has over 300 ages posted so if you were curious you could just look at that. Someone posted only a few hours ago.

True but I think it's cool to see it as a poll with so many options so you can see the breakdown percentage wise.

I'd like to see the poll be opened for longer

• Love
Reactions: Guy Smiley, rozeske and Abyssal
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Here's the problem with this post, the one below which I occasionally bump back to the top has over 300 ages posted so if you were curious you could just look at that. Someone posted only a few hours ago.

I'm not sure. I don't know how to describe it, but it being a regular thread kinda defeats some of the interest if that makes sense? I also am not looking through 300 posts because fuck that. This has quick access to the stats and is more recent to when I joined so it piques my interest. At the same time I get your point though.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Tears in Rain, rozeske and breezeboy
D

Deadfrogwalking

Jan 15, 2024
I don't like this math.

Reactions: rozeske
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
i'm 21 abt to be 22 in 3 months so i wasn't sure what to put😭esp bc i'm hoping to be dead b4 then, but i just decided to round up, lol.

• Yay!
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I wish we knew the statistics before and after the Tantacrul video...

Reactions: Skathon, jar-baby and rozeske
Silenos

Silenos

Ṿ̸̄Ọ̶͂Ỉ̶͉D̴̞͝ ̴̲̐A̷̾͜W̷̪͒Ā̵̯I̵͍̅T̵̛͔S̷̗͛
Jul 25, 2020
At least 12

• Yay!
Reactions: Skathon and rozeske
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Reactions: Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, Skathon and Forever Sleep
Guy Smiley

Guy Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024
Interesting that as the age groupings get older the number of votes they receive goes down. Out of 124 votes cast so far, over a third are between 18-21, and only three were from people over the age of 51.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Interesting that as the age groupings get older the number of votes they receive goes down. Out of 124 votes cast so far, over a third are between 18-21, and only three were from people over the age of 51.
Many are yet to vote.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I assume the vast majority of users is in the age range of 21 +-3 years (18-25).

P

peaches

Student
Oct 19, 2022
I think it matters. Not in any way to invalidate someone because of their age.
But I have been suicidal at every age.
I am 70 years old, a very alone age on this site.
I was suicidal at 13, at 17, at 21, 25, 29, 35, (NO INTERNET!) 39, ………..45………50's………60's……….now.
I have lived it and I can tell you that every decade brings a different set of circumstances to try and manage each day.
Yes, the despair, pain, it's all there at every age. But navigating the world changes.
And a conversation with someone near my age takes into account all these years of being here and wishing I was never born.
It's been a terribly long journey.
And I have closely followed publications and psychological, psychiatric and pharmacological research on this topic for 55 years. I have graduate degrees in psychology, personally known 15 people who ctb, held the hands of people who needed to talk openly about this.
I am a member of multiple Death with Dignity organizations trying to get them to open their minds that we psychologically suffer as much or more than people with terminal illnesses.
We have a right to a peaceful end of life and it's still not acknowledged with parity.
And I have found that people of all ages are treated horribly if they want to communicate about needing to ctb.

My heart goes out to all of you here. I really know this pain.
I appreciate this site and thank all these open people and whoever made a forum like this possible.

• Love
Reactions: foreverfalling, littlelungs, Guy Smiley and 1 other person
Downdraft

Downdraft

Alive and kicking btw
Feb 6, 2024
According to historians, I've been here before 500 BC. 😎

• Yay!