Painless_end

Painless_end

Life is too difficult for me
Oct 11, 2019
If you are one of those who are unsure about suicide, how often do you feel like forgetting you had suicidal thoughts the day before, and trying to be happy in life ?

I have unfortunately landed in a place growth wise and career wise that will never work out for me. Mostly the reason is my fragile and not well developed neurology. But do any of you still feel occasionally that you can still improve your life and leave behind suicidal thoughts forever ?

• Love
Reactions: heavyeyes, Forever Sleep, makethepainstop and 1 other person
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
About every 6 months to a year I get particularly suicidal and try to end it. Right now I'm in the non suicidal stage, at least until I'm old and sick. Then I can't imagine not wanting to kill myself. Right now I just suffer with being uncomfortable in my own skin

• Love
Reactions: looseye, lachrymost, Forever Sleep and 1 other person
deadliftEnjoyer

deadliftEnjoyer

Nov 9, 2022
At every small win, I get the faint hope that maybe life is gonna start working out

Also, when I am surrounded by family. They seem to realize that I'm not doing that great and all the attention they give me makes me feel very guilty about ctb and wasting their efforts

• Hugs
Reactions: Ringo, FallFadesIntoWinter and Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Honestly, I don't think I'll ever be without these thoughts. I've had them for 32 years and quite honestly, I don't think it's illogical for me to want to end it.

It's more a case of- how long can I cope with this shitty life till I'm in a place to be able to do it? Feel like I need to wait for my Dad to pass for one. I'm gradually at least preparing myself to do it- will, notes, method etc. Although, even then, I may never have the guts.

In terms of thoughts though- I don't even try to fight them. They have pretty much become a part of me.

• Hugs
Reactions: fastFWD, wiltedLotus, looseye and 2 others
lachrymost

lachrymost

finger on the eject button
Oct 4, 2022
I don't have entire days where my mind is changed. Sometimes I have brief moments when my resolve is weakened, but it always comes back to the same baseline. Usually it's more like flashes of, "It's a shame I have shit enough quality of life that I have to kill myself, because I'm going to miss this particular thing."

Reactions: Pinkliquid12 and wiltedLotus
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Since January 24th, its been on my mind constantly and consistently ,and now with my brother's death, the desire to CTB is at my highest of all--I didn't think it was possible to be this depressed, and being this hopeless to think it will get better--I know it won't

SectOfValtiel

SectOfValtiel

Attendant of God
Nov 7, 2022
wanting to CTB is still a newer development for me but I guess my depression usually gets a little better after the new year
thats when I get these bursts of motivation and I start trying to get my life together
but this year has been the worst so far so I cant really imagine getting that motivation again, Ive already put in so much wasted effort...
just having a hard time even seeing the point in trying recovery
nothing works on me

S

sevenkarmas

Student
Oct 10, 2022
My mind doesn't change as far as far as CTB itself, but when.

BipolarExpress

BipolarExpress

he/him · tired/exhausted
Nov 11, 2022
I've been seriously considering suicide for the past several months, but there are often brief moments in which I think, "Oh, maybe living is all right after all." These small moments stop me from going through with it (as well as fears of eternal punishment that I can't quite eradicate, despite my not having been an evangelical Christian for almost twenty years, concerns over what others might think, and a few other reasons), but it feels more like a matter of when I'll commit suicide, rather than if.

Reactions: deadliftEnjoyer
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
While I might not be suicidal actively right now, there's no escaping suicidal thoughts. Just because I don't think I should CTB doesn't mean I don't want to CTB. I change my mind between once a month and once a year. It's frustrating. I wish I could CTB but it would hurt my gf too much

F

FallFadesIntoWinter

Apr 25, 2022
I def go back and forth all the time, have been like this for years.

When I get in a good place, I don't think about it. However, I always seem to sabotage my own happiness and personal growth but walking away (usually running though) from career opportunities and/or people. It's like I'm always wanting to struggle or be sad, it's just painfully obvious that I do it to myself without even planning or thinking about it.

Reactions: SamTam33 and deadliftEnjoyer
thedaywillcome

thedaywillcome

I will leave soon
Apr 2, 2022
My decision is determinded.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Aim and wiltedLotus
Notcatchingthebusbe

Notcatchingthebusbe

Nov 7, 2022
Not anymore. Even after many years of it. It's always at the back of my head, and stronger than ever now.

Reactions: wiltedLotus
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I've been suicidal for as long as I can remember. I would love to not be, but it's not something that can be shut off.

wiltedLotus

wiltedLotus

World drifts in, and the world’s a stranger..
Nov 8, 2022
I just got back from a motel stay in a beach town where I was gonna jump off the lighthouse pier and drown myself, but the quaintness of the town and being somewhere far and away from myself made me lazy with planning and execution, so now I'm back home, new place found, same plan. I basically can't even change my frame of mind for it at this point—idk if that's good or bad and tbh it doesn't make any difference to me anyways

Reactions: Pinkliquid12
aladdin

aladdin

Nov 5, 2022
I don't have much of a choice. I would prefer not to do it tho

wiltedLotus

wiltedLotus

World drifts in, and the world’s a stranger..
Nov 8, 2022
Honestly, I don't think I'll ever be without these thoughts. I've had them for 32 years and quite honestly, I don't think it's illogical for me to want to end it.

It's more a case of- how long can I cope with this shitty life till I'm in a place to be able to do it? Feel like I need to wait for my Dad to pass for one. I'm gradually at least preparing myself to do it- will, notes, method etc. Although, even then, I may never have the guts.

In terms of thoughts though- I don't even try to fight them. They have pretty much become a part of me.
Bruh I relate so much ✌🏻🙏

Reactions: Forever Sleep
heavyeyes

heavyeyes

Oct 9, 2022
Never. I've wanted to die for as long as I can remember. These thoughts will never leave me as long as I'm alive. I'm convinced I'm just not meant to be alive. Maybe it's fate.

Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
I give it a second thought whenever I had realistic improvement chances. The last time this happened was some years ago, but now I know I'm going to be screwed, I'm still studying just to keep up appearances and I don't feel like reaching my deadline, I'm too tired.

B4mbi

B4mbi

Melly
Nov 11, 2022
It's more like me SI trying to convince me that I want to live and that "everything will be ok" only to have what I was holding onto crumble and then the cycle repeats. It's like a rat wheel.

Reactions: Source Energy, Unending, Someday_Somehow32 and 2 others
BipolarExpress

BipolarExpress

he/him · tired/exhausted
Nov 11, 2022
It's more like me SI trying to convince me that I want to live and that "everything will be ok" only to have what I was holding onto crumble and then the cycle repeats. It's like a rat wheel.
I know that feeling. That's often how I feel when I'm going through a depressive phase. (I'm bipolar, so my depression cycles in and out. But that doesn't make the depression any less severe when it comes around again.)

Someday_Somehow32

Someday_Somehow32

Jul 20, 2022
I change my mind constantly, I always start to believe that maybe there is something good looking out for me but there never is.

• Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
Often l feel I'll never have the required courage and should just buckle up and get on with it, but this lasts approximately two days - much time is spent in that limbo, feeling like my own suicide is an inevitability, but also being completely unable to take the final step. This makes it as impossible to fully live as it is to bring about my own ceasing to exist. It's a very frustrating and dissipating place to be, it has to be said.

Reactions: rationaltake, affinity and WhiteRabbit
cassxtho

cassxtho

Deftones Fan
Nov 8, 2022
If you are one of those who are unsure about suicide, how often do you feel like forgetting you had suicidal thoughts the day before, and trying to be happy in life ?

I have unfortunately landed in a place growth wise and career wise that will never work out for me. Mostly the reason is my fragile and not well developed neurology. But do any of you still feel occasionally that you can still improve your life and leave behind suicidal thoughts forever ?
I am a person who is almost guaranteed to be successful in whatever I do. I have good people surrounding me, and I am a person who in general is driven by hard work and passion. Whenever I start feeling happier, I still don't lose my suicidal thoughts. I have decided on a few conditions for myself before I decide to CTB to good. My desire to die is always there, but as I said I am a person driven by passion and with the way I am and my view on the world there are many things I am passionate about.

A

affinity

Oct 8, 2021
Often l feel I'll never have the required courage and should just buckle up and get on with it, but this lasts approximately two days - much time is spent in that limbo, feeling like my own suicide is an inevitability, but also being completely unable to take the final step. This makes it as impossible to fully live as it is to bring about my own ceasing to exist. It's a very frustrating and dissipating place to be, it has to be said.

I am not particularly religious - and I am certainly not and will never be Catholic (a tale for another day), but perhaps they were right in one sense in terms of the existence of purgatory. They just had it wrong in terms of order of operations, so to speak.

Can only speak for myself (perhaps you can empathize or even relate): but when the thoughts of suicide are a constant in the back of your mind and often are conscious thoughts - I can't say I'm "living". I'm in fact (imho), stuck between living and death.

So I ask myself: what is holding me back? Is it delusional optimism and hope that things just might turn around, or is the fear of the unknown?

One of my favourite documentary makers, Jon Ronson, did a documentary (easily available on YT) on this minister in the US who travelled all around the world to advocate (and I mean this is the truest sense of the word) and instruct those who want to commit suicide, regardless of their reasons. He would offer them this vhs tape of what death would be like and told them to "enjoy it". It made death look like a DMT trip. The authorities were onto him bc he became incredibly sloppy (advocates for physician assisted suicide were disturbed by him and wondered out loud whether he derived pleasure from seeing others die) and he and his partner kept a bottle of N on hand in the fridge, just in case the authorities arrived.

The funny thing: when I tried to find out what happened to him, I discovered that he died quite an uncomfortable death in hospice.

So, if this man who presented himself as so sure as to what awaits us wasn't convinced enough himself, what should that tell us?

Lastly, I follow a handful of hospice nurses on social media and they all offer interesting perspectives on death and all are convinced there is an after life. I guess for me: I too am afraid what awaits me, especially given how/when I want to die. The shame component continues to remain supreme, unfortunately.

I just think of all the wonderful people right now who have families (especially young children) and if there was a way for me to give them my time remaining, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Last edited: