letsalllovelain:3

letsalllovelain:3

Lain Follower from Wired
Apr 14, 2023
Hi everyone, I decided to make a thread about socializing, in real life or on the internet. Pretty much mostly because of my past recent mistake.
I have huge problems with socializing anywhere. Recently I got laughed at and bashed very hard on a big server because I decided to share that I got my period, that the day after pill worked and I don't have to get an abortion. I shared it because I've heard that people like it when you share positives about your life, like "small victories". But turns out it's not socially acceptable to share some things and now I'm deeply ashamed of myself. I left the server and I'm not even thinking of going back, I feel constantly anxious since then.
Do you guys have any similar experiences to share? Don't worry, I'm not here to judge - we're all here to learn from each other after all.

• Hugs
Reactions: psp3000, Huntfish34, cgrtt.brns and 3 others
epic

epic

Enlightened
Aug 9, 2019
Which forum is this ?
Twitter to a large extent is for shitposting especially the replies section . I don't take their replies as seriously because they come in with that shitposting mentality while in the real world they are very different people.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
i always manage to say or do the wrong thing. my brain replays different situations in my head multiple times a day, the embarrassment is painful and i have to shake my head to get it to stop. either saying something "unacceptable" and killing the conversation, fumbling over my words or forgetting to say thank you to a cashier, speaking too quietly and having to repeat myself five times, stumbling into someone as i walk past them too closely bc im very clumsy especially while walking. just remembering how ive fucked up in every social situation is enough to make me wanna ctb. anytime i mess up my anxiety sky rockets and i freeze, so even if i want to apologise i just cant, i sit there silent until someone changes the subject or i panic and walk away.

• Hugs
Reactions: psp3000, blitz and Huntfish34
vitbar

vitbar

Escaped Lunatic
Jun 4, 2023
My anxiety makes me think it happens more than it does, and magnifies the times it does happen.

Reactions: Celerity
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I tend to overthink everything in a social situation especially gestures and I usually forget to breathe when talking if I am nervous without even noticing it if I decide to speak to a stranger in real life if that's not the problem people usually can't hear or understand me because its like when I'm around people my voice gets ??smaller??

I also don't know when I am over sharing or not so that happens too sometimes

and sometimes I tend to shake or lose balance (probably because I always walk fast when I go out like a constant need to leave the vicinity as if there's a fire or something) in social situations too but I don't think or at least I hope no one notices that I do same with the mouth twitching

• Love
Reactions: cgrtt.brns
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
In school basically all the time, either doing stupid things or sucking socially, getting red faced and shit. No one gave a shit or even thought damn maybe he seems kinda fucked, i should lay off perhaps?

Now, i dont have any anxiety for people, its just gone entirely. I've worn myself out to being alright now, no more embarrassment :)

• Love
Reactions: cgrtt.brns