SnakesButNoLadder

"Don't trip on what is behind you" • UK
Jan 15, 2024
Reactions: Kit1 and Praestat_Mori
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I almost never floss and lately I only brush my teeth whenever I feel like it. Luckily my genetics are good enough that I don't get cavities or overly bad breath plus I don't actually eat that much super sugary foods though I do chew a lot of minty gum.

Last edited:
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I almost never floss and lately I only brush my teeth whenever I feel like it. Luckily my genetics are good enough that I don't get cavities or overly bad breath plus I don't actually eat that much super sugary foods though I do chew a lot of minty gum.
Do you have bone loss from not flossing? I do

Reactions: Kit1 and sserafim
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Do you have bone loss from not flossing? I do
I don't. I still use toothpicks and stuff to pick food out between my teeth if I see or feel any.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Reactions: Kit1, sserafim and Dr Iron Arc
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I brush my teeth and use mouth wash twice a day but I only floss now and then. My dentist tells me my teeth aren't bad for my age. Lol. Bit of a back handed compliment...

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Kit1, LoiteringClouds, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
#NotAllVillains

I just don't like the way the food feels in my mouth. 😅

Fairy godparents!?!?!?! Lol
I brush my teeth and use mouth wash twice a day but I only floss now and then. My dentist tells me my teeth aren't bad for my age. Lol. Bit of a back handed compliment...
How long does it take you to brush? It takes me up to 30 minutes including tongue scraping. Ocd 😔
#NotAllVillains

I just don't like the way the food feels in my mouth. 😅

Do you scrape your tongue?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kit1, sserafim, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
3/4Dead

3/4Dead

Peace, Love, Empathy
Feb 27, 2024
I also have really solid genetics, and don't consume much compromising stuff. I also don't get out much and only really eat once a day, so If i remember I'm on it but It's usually just couple days out of the week

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I brush my teeth rarely maybe once a week or so, whenever I'm in the mood to do it. I have good teeth and no gum problems, never floss. Hopefully they stay good for some more decades.

I should care more about my teeth bc new teeth are a very expensive thing.

Reactions: Kit1
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I brush my teeth twice a day. I never floss. The dentist always tells me to though. Once, I had to get local anesthesia for a filling and I couldn't feel that part of my face. It just felt numb. I never got braces, my teeth are naturally straight, but I do have a slight overbite. The dentist asked me if I grind my teeth, and told me to get a mouthgard for it
I chew a lot of minty gum too. What are your favorite flavors? I like Orbit Sweet Mint and Extra Polar Ice

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Kit1
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I chew a lot of minty gum too. What are your favorite flavors? I like Orbit Sweet Mint and Extra Polar Ice
It's those two plus 5Gum for me. Occasionally I'll have a mint flavored Trident as well.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Kit1 and sserafim
LoiteringClouds

LoiteringClouds

Tempus fugit
Feb 7, 2023
I've never missed brushing and flossing my teeth once a day except the day I tried partial hanging (I don't remember if I brushed then.)
What is the quality of your teeth?
I've lost two teeth. I'm 36 now.
I had developed very bad gum disease and my three dentists couldn't find the root cause of it, and antibiotics didn't work.
They saw the roots of my teeth instead, which were exposed by extreme receding of the gum. And they watched my teeth fall off.

That's life I guess.

• Hugs
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
It's those two plus 5Gum for me. Occasionally I'll have a mint flavored Trident as well.
I think I tried 5 Gum once cuz I saw it at Costco. It didn't become one of my favs though. Btw, I think it's made by the same company as Extra

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Kit1 and Dr Iron Arc
K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
What is the quality of your teeth?
Once a day, usually. Sometimes twice depending on circumstances.

I've had 2 cavities before but that's basically all. And my front teeth have eroded a little bit, I've been told. But that has nothing to do with brushing. My dentist says it's likely because I grind my teeth in my sleep.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Once a day, usually. Sometimes twice depending on circumstances.

I've had 2 cavities before but that's basically all. And my front teeth have eroded a little bit, I've been told. But that has nothing to do with brushing. My dentist says it's likely because I grind my teeth in my sleep.
How do you know if you grind your teeth in your sleep?
Fairy godparents!?!?!?! Lol

How long does it take you to brush? It takes me up to 30 minutes including tongue scraping. Ocd 😔

Do you scrape your tongue?
Tongue scraping? I've never heard of that. Are you supposed to scrape your tongue?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kit1 and Ambivalent1
K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023

Tongue scraping? I've never heard about that. Are you supposed to scrape your tongue?
I don't know it for a fact. But my dentist said that two of my front teeth are eroding a bit. She asked me if I grind my teeth, but I don't while I'm awake. She said if that's accurate then I probably do it in my sleep, since the erosion is consistent with what she'd see from someone grinding their teeth.

So I don't know that I do for a fact. But she seemed to think that was the best explanation for it.

Reactions: Kit1 and sserafim
SadLad

SadLad

Feb 9, 2024
My teeth are a disgrace, they're party the reason my social life is so bad and I'm so depressed.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and Praestat_Mori
trashprincess

trashprincess

She/Slur
Aug 8, 2023
Brush 1-2 times a day. Floss 1-2 times a week. Have all my teeth, just got done 5 root canals over the past six months and now my mouth is in proper working order I think 🤔

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Praestat_Mori and Kit1
Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
Brush twice a day, though I almost never floss.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
tragiclove1932

tragiclove1932

Jan 31, 2024
Ironically, im a dental student and only brush a few times per week lol. I havent been feeling the best and often forget about MY own hygiene

• Yay!
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Kit1 and Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023

Tongue scraping? I've never heard of that. Are you supposed to scrape your tongue?
Yes. Buy one. First you brush your tongue. Then scrape

• Yay!
Reactions: sserafim and Kit1
ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
Sometimes I never pay attention to taking care of my teeth because I don't like them.

I'm unlucky to be the only one in my family
with crooked teeth. My teeth are so crooked that I don't like to smile, and sometimes when I feel like laughing, I always do it with my mouth closed. I can even say that I don't like talking to people because I don't like people looking at my teeth.

I remember once someone sent me a fake news that said people with crooked teeth would receive British citizenship lol.

On the other hand, another thing that bothers me about my teeth is the pain I have when eating meat, and this is when I usually use dental floss more than a toothbrush, as I always have food stuck in my teeth. For years, I've been thinking about using braces, but I don't have enough money to get them.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Kit1 and Ambivalent1
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
I brush after every meal or snack I consume - and also when I wake up and before I go to sleep. So could brush around 5 times per day. I have this problem about dealing with any tastes, smells or weirdness in my mouth (almost phobic and probably connected to autism). Teeth are fine - broke a couple when I fainted during covid and the dentist corrected the problem, but otherwise seems fine.
Also floss a minimum of twice a day - but can be up to 4 times per day as I gloss every time I shower. Use one of those water flossers that just leaves this totally fresh feeling in the mouth.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
HereTomorrow

HereTomorrow

Eternally atoning
Feb 1, 2024
Probably like, twice a week. Surprisingly, I haven't had a cavity in years.

I really should brush a lot more. By the time I want to I'm too tired and just want to sleep.
Mouthwash is almost daily though. I kinda like the stinging and numbness in my mouth.

Edit: This thread just made me brush my teeth. Thanks SaSu.

Last edited:
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Praestat_Mori and Kit1
666aphom3t

666aphom3t

Apr 2, 2023
warning I have severe pathological demand avoidance. I brushed my teeth 3 times this week but before that it was 2 months. I've never been able to brush my teeth even once a week regularly bc of the taste and sensation.. actually a pretty common aversion for autistics. I'd mouthwash when i remembered and always used breath sprays, mints, and xylitol gum as "harm reduction." Now I use paradontax bc I obviously have hella mouth issues and then Hello's flavored toothpaste, the mango one has been so much better it's really subtle and feels gentle. Also!!! xylitol gum is soooo helpful and it's a must if you're afab bc our mouths are more acidic and it's just never addressed?

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim and Praestat_Mori
WhenTheyCry

WhenTheyCry

Experienced
Jun 25, 2022
Back when I was depressed, I didn't brush my teeth. Being in that kind of mental state makes you neglect your hygiene. It happens. I wish the people around me knew better instead of just bashing me for it.

Reactions: lotus11 and Praestat_Mori