Mustkeyknow

Mustkeyknow

Experienced
Feb 8, 2020
Suppose I'm having second guesses about wanting to die, what is some advice you can share? I know being alone kills so socialize is one I guess, going to therapy and taking my meds done and done, and posting this on recovery too. But other than that what else can be done if I want to stay on this earth? Right now I'm 70% wanna die 30% wanna live tbh

• Hugs
Reactions: Ame and akrasia
akrasia

akrasia

-hugs-
Feb 11, 2020
Do something fun that you always wanted to do. Like eat out, or hang out with your friends/ family, maybe meet someone new. There are many things to do, it's all base on your preference and decision.
I'm glad that you are choosing to recover. It shows me that you're brave and want to be better :)

• Hugs
Reactions: Ἡγησίας, Ame and gnomeboy17
Mustkeyknow

Mustkeyknow

Experienced
Feb 8, 2020
Do something fun that you always wanted to do. Like eat out, or hang out with your friends/ family, maybe meet someone new. There are many things to do, it's all base on your preference and decision.
I'm glad that you are choosing to recover. It shows me that you're brave and want to be better :)
Thank you! I wanna stay on this lovely reality for a little longer, let's see how long this lasts though. I sure hope there's a way out.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ame and akrasia
Oyoy

Oyoy

Spatula
Feb 2, 2020
Helping others is the real fun.

Reactions: Ame and Quarky00
CuddleHug

CuddleHug

Back, but with less enthusiasm. Hugs~
Feb 22, 2020
What about exercise? Even just walking can do wonders. I know it's kind of cliché to bring it up, but it really does help once you get a habit going. If you don't want to leave your house, maybe dancing could work? I used to watch YT videos of Just Dance and follow along :haha:

Reactions: Ame and Mustkeyknow
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Maybe find a real cause. Do you have something that infuriates you about the world? Maybe you can devote your life to that (animal rights for example, I don't know you so can't tell obviously).

Consumer culture is so vain and superficial that finding meaning within it is almost impossible for some people (most people's 'meaning' is ego driven and essentially completely useless to the universe as a whole). Through activism you could actually change something for the better, relieve unnecessary suffering.

Just an idea.

Reactions: Ame and Mustkeyknow
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Keep hydrated, get enough sleep, get sun and fresh air on your glands regularly, eat your spinach and plenty of fibre.

Then volunteer to help with something you care about.

And adopt a pet. x

• Love
Reactions: Ame, Mustkeyknow and Quarky00
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
It really depends on your state of mind , other conditions you have , and your personality . For example I benefit from being alone , meditating , and having my suicidal thoughts . That could be horrible for many people :ahhha:

• Hobbies -- cooking , building things , growing plants , etc -- makes you feel you did something . Origami . Idk . Looking at something you did really helps .
  • Hot bath (like 2h)
  • Meditation
  • Exercise (adrenaline) -- run , cycle , boxing (anger:) . Surprisingly 10m cycling / sprint is usually enough .
  • Exercise (mild) - tai chi , stretch inhale relax -- 10m enough .
  • Go outside , have a short trip , take a snack/fruit and coffee/tea you made (rather than buy), make a small picnic
  • Diary & writing . Unlike talking you can think things through .
  • Reading books etc . Unlike TV it makes your imagination work .
  • Volunteer for 1h -- sponsor a child , visit the elderly , or help in animal shelter
  • Try something new every day , just for the hack of it . If you eat from a plate , try a bowl . If you sit in the back of the bus , try the front . Move the bed to the other side of the room .
  • Get ready to go outside even in days you aren't suppose to or want to . Just be ready -- shower , put on clothes , etc . You'll find something to do ;)
Then again , some of these things may cause more physical or emotional stress :) Prepare a list that suits you and when you're down choose something from it . Don't fight emotions too hard , give them some time and space , find an outlet for those ; but don't let it overcome or crush you or spiral .

:heart:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sensei, Ame, Mustkeyknow and 2 others