R

rvsw

Student
Jul 17, 2020
Do the moderators or does anyone else have any data on how many people actually ctb as compared to the total number of members on the website e website

I am just trying to figure out how hard it is because now I am becoming an emotional and looking forward do it. The only thing holding me back is the fear of failure

• Hugs
Reactions: Lastsauce, Amumu, Hopeindeath! and 4 others
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I doubt we will ever have any real numbers on that. People either ctb or move on. Very few on here share theirs real names, so you can't check if a user who ghosts the site died or just stopped using the form.

Reactions: shay23, daddy Phil :), Meditation guide and 5 others
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
I think there are about 15.000 users here, and judging by the goodbye threads that appeared during my stay here, less than 50 people have caught the bus (that might be an overestimate too).

Reactions: _Kaira_, Ghost2211, sadworld and 3 others
chrisbate7

chrisbate7

Student
Sep 30, 2020
you can think about and plan your suicide all you want. But actually carrying it out is rare. It takes enormous amounts of courage and suffering to push someone to actually end their life

Reactions: ts0hill, C14, Lastsauce and 15 others
elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
We'll never know the stats for this, there's too many variables.
Some people do it after never posting, a few post and then do it, some of us post and fail. And if they haven't done it, they either move on to a better life, or wait for their next chance to succeed.
E.g. I've had this account for over a year and while I'm pretty sure I'll off myself, there's also a very real possibility that it just won't happen. I think the same can be said for everyone here

Reactions: SickBoiKap, gnomeboy17, All washed up and 8 others
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I'm pretty sure there are many members on here who ctb'd without making a goodbye thread or telling anyone.

Reactions: UglyDuck666, StringPuppet, Lastsauce and 17 others
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
That's impossible to determine. It seems to occur in spurts on here, at least with the people who post goodbye threads- one person posts a goodbye thread and then in the week or two following that several others follow suit. Make of that what you will.

I think it's okay if people never decide to take the plunge despite being members for a long time. Perhaps their circumstances changed or the validation of members on here who understand their plight has injected some hope into their outlook that wasn't there before.

I also suspect that many people never make accounts and simply lurk, gather information about their desired method, and then go through with it quietly.

Reactions: Meditation guide, UglyDuck666, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 5 others
ready 2 go

ready 2 go

done with life
Apr 16, 2020
No one can really tell. For every 1 goodbye thread there could be 10 more deaths and we'll just never know. A lot of people attempt and fail

Reactions: UglyDuck666, FatalSystemError591 and Meditation guide
LonelyDude15

LonelyDude15

Currently Spiraling
Sep 26, 2020
I don't think it's possible to ever know alot of people just stop using the forum for whatever reason. Some people don't even make an account and just stalk the site for information.

Reactions: UglyDuck666, asdwannadie, AutoTap and 3 others
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Very low. I have no data but I'm sure people will agree its less than 1%.
Therefore if anything PROVEN to help people and ease our suffering, yet this place is demonised, because it's an easy target for scum to attack people like us should suffer in silence according to them. Only recently I realize the efforts the mods go to here not only to fight keep it up and running but battle the trolls that come in hordes. Thank you.
I hope people like you continue to stay strong and brave despite the adversity and threat, keeping it available sanctuary for people.

Reactions: UglyDuck666 and muffin222
Death22

Death22

If I can stop 1 breeder, I’m happy
Nov 25, 2020
Pretty sure it's between 50-75%

Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Per year? Or since the creation?

I'd say 10%
1% is a little bit low and 50% is really fucking high
Like dude it would mean 8000 persons ctb on SS

Reactions: gnomeboy17 and Mm80
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
100% since becoming a wageslave until you die of old age is basically long term suicide

Reactions: muffin222 and Meditation guide
sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
My guess is maybe a few people out of every 100. Just a guess though. Simply because as much as we all want to CTB, its simply just a very difficult thing to move forward with. I think a few percent is a reasonable rough estimate

Last edited:
Shiv15

Shiv15

Student
Sep 3, 2020
I know that the user IBreathButNoMoreLive also ctb. We used to speak a lot on here. And then one day, she messaged me saying how she has a cancerous tumour and she is sad about her kids and she has to ctb urgently. I think she used SN. Not sure. But yeah, she passed on as well.

And I do hope her kids are in a safe place though. Pretty sure they are fine though. She did live in a 1st world country. So there is that.

Dang, wish i could tell her goodbye once more in person.

hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
A lot of people will lurk and use the information so it is not just the members and I do not think everyone would share a goodbye thread as well.
I am unsure if I would tbh.
Maybe release some of my writings for people to enjoy before I go.

Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
There really is no way to know since many people ctb without saying goodbye.

Reactions: muffin222 and sadworld