E

Eleanor

Apr 15, 2020
Hi, I have 1,6 grams nortriptyline and I was wondering if that would be enough to cbt?

I do have other pills I can use as well, such as lorazepam, citalopram and Venlafaxine, but I don't know the exact amounts of those.

Thanks!

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Hi, I have 1,6 grams nortriptyline and I was wondering if that would be enough to cbt?

I do have other pills I can use as well, such as lorazepam, citalopram and Venlafaxine, but I don't know the exact amounts of those.

Thanks!
1.6 grams is a huge amount. I don't know if ctb would be guaranteed though.
In general, od'ing on prescription meds is not the best method in terms of reliability. You may just end up in intensive care.

Reactions: GoneGoneGone
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
No. It is safer than amitriptyline

Reactions: GoneGoneGone
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
Sorry, dear, as it has been explained, these meds are not designed to end your life, no matter how much you take. You will be in exceptionally tremendous pain and it's not worth it. I tried to overdose on meds twice with hefty grams and it was the worst experience of my life

Werewolf

Werewolf

Without shelter
May 12, 2020
Tricyclics are know to cause fatalities when overdosed but im fairly certain 1,6 grams won't be enough to achieve this.

The oral LD50 of nortriptyline in rats is 405 mg/kg.20Symptoms of overdose with nortriptyline include cardiac arrhythmias, severe hypotension, shock, congestive heart failure, pulmonary edema, convulsions, coma, and CNS depression.16,18 Changes in the electrocardiogram, particularly in QRS segment, may be indicative of tricyclic antidepressant toxicity.13

The LD50 would suggest an average person (72 kg) would need (72x405) 29160mg or 29 grams however this number is only true for rats so your own results may vary.

Overdosing on meds statistically is a very unreliable method with a lot of nasty consequences should you survive, which most likely, you will.

What you do is ofcourse entirely up to you but I would advise against this.

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
LDlo is on the order of 32mg/kg for nortriptyline, but this is lowest reported not anything close to approaching certain.

Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
I think that nortriptyline is lethal, much more toxic than the newer drugs like ssris, as tca s are calcium channel blockers which stop the heart. It takes a while for it to happen though. The dose sounds too low to be fatal.

J

jameslb72

Jul 22, 2020
what about drinking anti-freeze and taking an overdose of sleeeping meds so that the painful part you miss?

G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
Please don't drink antifreeze!

Reactions: Mm80
J

jameslb72

Jul 22, 2020
Ive heard it gets very unpleasant thats why i asked about the seroquel to keep me unconscious.Thanks for replying.