BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
I'm long-term unemployed, I live in a shitty halfway house, my mum's dying, I'm utterly broke, I haven't had sex for like five years and I'm a mentally ill alcoholic.

Why am I still breathing?

• Hugs
Reactions: VivantMort, Manaaja, LittleJem and 5 others
london3

london3

Banned Scammer
May 5, 2022
I'm long-term unemployed, I live in a shitty halfway house, my mum's dying, I'm utterly broke, I haven't had sex for like five years and I'm a mentally ill alcoholic.

Really sorry to hear this, i hope you get better soon.

There is a great community here that will support you, feel free to vent

Reactions: BluesRunTheGame
N

Natty

Student
Jul 27, 2020

There was a time when I was in a long-term rehab center, my mom who was my best friend had just died, I was chronically unemployed and hadn't had sex in many years.

I was able to quit drinking and smoking, get married, and become much less financially destitute.

It didn't solve my problems but I think it would solve a lot of people's problems.

I don't think alcoholics should CTB until they've tried long-term sobriety. It's one of the few changes that can actually change a life in a positive way. But if that doesn't work, CTB away.

G

GetMeOut

👍Team Night-Night👍
Jun 9, 2022
Everything you said hits close to home. People always say "stay positive", but c'mon.

If you're in London and want a sympathetic ear, I'd be happy to pay for your drinks and travel for one evening (I'm a fellow suicidal, mentally ill alcoholic but am lucky enough to have a job). Misery loves company, right? Anyway, send me a private message if you're in London and interested, but I stress it would only be a one-off.

G

GetMeOut

👍Team Night-Night👍
Jun 9, 2022
I don't think alcoholics should CTB until they've tried long-term sobriety.
I hear what you're saying, but I was sober (obviously) before I became an alcoholic, and shit didn't work then, hence the alcoholism. I can't prove it, but I'm fairly sure I've made it this far, at least in part, because of alcohol. I have no reason to think that sobering up would solve my particular suite of problems (BPD, some autistic traits, other issues).

I just think that, having tried long-term sobriety before alcoholism, I don't need to try it again. I just don't work properly, and my life now is a pile up of consequences of that.

Maybe I'm too negative, but that's how I see it in my particular case.

N

Natty

Student
Jul 27, 2020
I hear what you're saying, but I was sober (obviously) before I became an alcoholic, and shit didn't work then

Things are different now, addiction changes your brain, and so does stopping it. Addiction itself can be a tool if you let it. Or just write here, I don't really care.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
This life really is so cruel and unfair. It is sad how so much suffering exists. To me it is horrifying how there is no limit as to how bad things can get, if we think that things are awful now, they can always get so much worse. This is why life scares me. I'm sorry that you suffer so much.

• Hugs
Reactions: Manaaja and BluesRunTheGame