remluvr

remluvr

Trying to Find Forever peace.
Jun 17, 2024
Wondering how much does hanging hurt? I am assuming a decent amount but I'm not sure.

Asking as it is my method of choice and I want to know what to expect.

Reactions: hereornot
C

ctbsd24

Oct 8, 2024
I assume experiences are subjective and vary widely. I can't give any advice/encouragement, only my experience. In my experience, I haven't encountered much pain. It's a touch of discomfort in my neck that feels like pressure or a slight pinch. But it doesn't last long for me. I typically get the tingles/wobbles/tunnel vision in less than 10 seconds. Just my two cents.

• Informative
Reactions: remluvr, alltoomuch2 and alienfreak
Upvote 0
remluvr

remluvr

Trying to Find Forever peace.
Jun 17, 2024
I assume experiences are subjective and vary widely. I can't give any advice/encouragement, only my experience. In my experience, I haven't encountered much pain. It's a touch of discomfort in my neck that feels like pressure or a slight pinch. But it doesn't last long for me. I typically get the tingles/wobbles/tunnel vision in less than 10 seconds. Just my two cents.
Thank you <3

Upvote 0
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
People who have been rescued posted that there was no pain, just pressure.
If you do it right, it will knock you out quickly.
Like the SN thread stared, there are a lot of fearmongers out there. Not sure if they just make up crap or are trying to get people to stop. (pro-life scare tactics?)
Ask questions if needed.

Reactions: Marco77, remluvr, alltoomuch2 and 1 other person
Upvote 0
B

babouflo201223

Aug 18, 2024
Les personnes secourues ont indiqué qu'elles ne ressentaient aucune douleur, juste une pression.
Si vous le faites correctement, vous serez rapidement assommé.
Comme le fil de discussion de SN l'a indiqué, il y a beaucoup de semeurs de peur. Je ne sais pas s'ils inventent des conneries ou s'ils essaient d'inciter les gens à arrêter. (Tactiques de peur pro-vie ?)
Posez des questions si nécessaire.
Even in case of complete hanging ? Or do you speak about partial hanging. Thank you.

Upvote 0
emptymiku

emptymiku

bokura wa inochi ni kirawarete iru
Mar 27, 2023
i'm probably not the best person to answer this question because any attempts i made were when i was like 11 and very half assed. i just remember it being really weird, there was a lot of tunnel vision and it wasnt super painful because i hadnt committed enough to stay like that for more than like 10 seconds, it felt super weird im not sure how to describe it. as far as im aware it is pretty damn painful though

• Aww..
Reactions: remluvr and ctbsd24
Upvote 0
JoysoftheEmptiness

JoysoftheEmptiness

Sep 10, 2024
You shouldn't feel any pain, as it will render you immediately unconscious. Its my preferred option.

Reactions: ctbsd24, Worndown, remluvr and 1 other person
Upvote 0
B

babouflo201223

Aug 18, 2024
Vous ne devriez pas ressentir de douleur, car cela vous rendrait immédiatement inconscient. C'est mon option préférée.
Where have you read that you lose consciousness immediately when hanging ? Most of people say it needs at least 20 seconds before you lose consciousness and here is the problem because 20 seconds of great suferring is not pleasant to imagine. Do you speak about full hangin or partial hanging ? Thank you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
H

heyhoherewego

Sep 13, 2024
Where have you read that you lose consciousness immediately when hanging ? Most of people say it needs at least 20 seconds before you lose consciousness and here is the problem because 20 seconds of great suferring is not pleasant to imagine. Do you speak about full hangin or partial hanging ? Thank you.
not sure about 'atleast' 20 seconds. generally 20+ seconds is cited as an upper limit
in my experience, and according to many others on here, the lightheaded feeling sets in very quickly, which will be shortly followed by passing out. 5-10 seconds it probably more expected, in rare cases it can be even quicker than that.

Reactions: ctbsd24
Upvote 0
B

babouflo201223

Aug 18, 2024
je ne suis pas sûr de « au moins » 20 secondes. En général, 20 secondes et plus sont citées comme limite supérieure
d'après mon expérience, et selon beaucoup d'autres ici, la sensation de vertige s'installe très rapidement, suivie peu de temps après d'un évanouissement. 5 à 10 secondes, c'est probablement plus attendu, dans de rares cas, cela peut être encore plus rapide que cela.
Full hanging or partial hanging ?

Upvote 0
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
If you watch a lot of full suspension videos, it is around 3 to 7 seconds before you seize. You are done.
Partial all depends on how hard you lean into it and for how long. This is why it has a low success rate. It only sounds easy.

Reactions: heyhoherewego
Upvote 0
H

heyhoherewego

Sep 13, 2024
Full hanging or partial hanging ?
for me, my experiences have been from practising partial. full hanging would guarantee death so i wouldnt be able to report back how that experience went. but the mechanism is the same, so if im passing out within 10 seconds in partial, best believe im passing out within 10 seconds in full.

Reactions: babouflo201223
Upvote 0
Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Wizard
Aug 28, 2021
To get used to the sensation you can test it in advance non-lethally.

Reactions: remluvr and Worndown
Upvote 0