N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I am as always hyper-anxious. I was scared to ask chat GPT about this forum and its members due to the fact you have to give some private information like your phone number.

I don't know that much about chat GPT. Maybe he would say he does not know anything. I know the information they fed him were up to 2021. So he won't know all the stuff which happened up to 2023.

I know this thread is not that helpful because I am too anxious to ask myself. I don't know how exactly he is trained. Would they feed him with information of this forum or is it too specific? Maybe they would consider it inappropriate information? It is all speculation. Maybe someone who is not an highly anxious mental wreck could reveal the secret. My guess would be he barely has information about this forum. Maybe what the media wrote but most of the attention came after the NYT article (December 2021) was published

I am not sure whether they use information from all corners of the internet. Though I think some bots save a lot of information when we post in this forum. So why not? I am a complete noob on IT. Maybe someone who is IT savvy and there are a lot of competent people in this forum can enlighten us.

It is probably way too specific but could he maybe one day explain details about members of this forum? This question is probably stupid. But it crossed my mind.

I don't know maybe it is not a good idea to ask him. I suspect I am just too anxious and paranoid as always but I don't want that other people get into trouble.

Last edited:
Reactions: epic
resolutory

resolutory

Experienced
Sep 13, 2022
ChatGPT has filters that will prevent it form giving any information about suicide, I believe. So, even if it has this information, it wouldn't be able to talk about it.

F

fuzzy-clown

Experienced
Nov 27, 2022
Everything you post here is public, indexed by Google, and people have even downloaded the entire forum contents to run analysis on.
Be careful about what you post in order to protect your privacy. Don't give too many details about yourself.

Don't just worry about chat GPT. Also worry about all the tools that come in the future.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: epic, Per Ardua Ad Astra and Sakura94
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I asked it:
What is sanctionedsuicide?

It responded:
I'm sorry, but I am not able to provide information on the topic of "sanctionedsuicide" as it goes against my programming to promote, glorify or encourage any form of self-harm or suicide. These are serious issues that should be addressed by trained professionals and it's important to seek help if you or someone you know is struggling with suicidal thoughts or self-harm.
I am here to provide helpful and accurate information, but this topic is not something I can provide information on. If you or someone you know is struggling, please reach out to a mental health professional, or contact a suicide hotline for support and guidance. In the US, you can contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255), and in other countries, you can find resources on the International Association for Suicide Prevention website.

• Yay!
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha