D

dospi1

Nov 18, 2021
I was playing this game the other day cyberpunk (pretty good now that its mostly fixed) and there is this very interesting mission were we are tasked whit hunting a guys who murdered some town folks long story long story short, while trying to correct his mistakes of the past he snapped and balcked out killing a lot of the townsfolk, when you find him hes basicaly trying to rehab and do better. then you have a choice to kill him or not. the game makes it clear that even if his actions were his, he was a victim of the circunstances a tool for the system that got discarted after it burned. how much of all its his fault, and to my point how much of all its my fault? your fault? we like to pretend life its in our hands but most of it its really not. but where do we draw the line?how much of the reasons we are here in this forum its our fault? sorry for the rant but im stuck in my reflections ill be very thankfull if any of you could give your opnion in this.

• Hugs
Reactions: wCvML2 and LoiteringClouds
W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
An important distinction to make here is that responsibility and fault are separate things that don't always align together. This idea is called the responsibility/fault fallacy, and it essentially says that sometimes we are responsible for things that are not our fault or are within our control. In the scenario you gave, the guy is not to blame for how his machinery affected his psyche while he blacked out. But he still takes responsibility for it and fixes the wrongs he accidentally caused by getting rehabilitated and doing better. The game gives you a choice that I wouldn't know how to answer myself because the guy feels remorse and wants to do better, so it is a difficult one.

Reactions: DefinitelyReady, dospi1, LoiteringClouds and 1 other person