How many years have you had suicidal thoughts?

• Total voters
one.way.out

one.way.out

Student
Jul 9, 2021
I've been suicidal for 3 years. Probably not much compared to most of you, I feel for you all.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: deleted, lobster salad and patheticpartner
deflationary

deflationary

Fussy exister. Living in the epilogue
Mar 11, 2020
I'm 28 and have had suicidal thoughts for probably half of my life now. My memory of my teenage years is really bad so give or take a couple of years. The thoughts have waxed and waned in their intensity over that time but there's always been a baseline understanding that this whole life shit isn't really worth it. Sadly I didn't take my chance when I had it and now I'm kinda stuck here for the time being.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: lobster salad, patheticpartner, _r1a and 4 others
DunnoWhyButYeah

DunnoWhyButYeah

~*-*~
Apr 3, 2020
23-25 years... Wow that's a lot when I think that :o And still, here I'm... So for the first about 10 years of my life I was free from this ... That's not much.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and _r1a
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
0-5 5-10
What if its exactly 5?

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
About 5 or 6 years for me now.

• Hugs
CoolGuy9

CoolGuy9

Mage
Mar 5, 2019
First suicidal thought that I can remember was in 2017.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and Alwaysbadtime
Tomoko

Tomoko

Unpopular
Aug 12, 2021
Since middle school. I've been stuck in a seemingly never ending tug of war with those thoughts.

• Love
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I have been suicidal since I was a young teenager. It has been a lot of years now, suicidal thoughts have been part of me for a long time. I think they started when I was 12 and now I'm 20. I used to randomly have moments of deep despair when I was young for no particular reason and it just went downhill from there. I have never wanted to be alive really. It has gotten worse over the years in general, as I have got more tired of living. I have had some time periods where I haven't felt as bad over the years but never free from it.

• Love
Reactions: a.uniqueusername and patheticpartner
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
It's caused me brain damage. I can feel it. It hurts constantly. Negative thoughts and unhappiness shrink brains.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and draw a circle
D

draw a circle

out.
Apr 10, 2020
Started around the end of high school i guess, which is 15 for me. I was like, hey, I'm not going to survive the world out of college, am I? Guess I'll die before 20. Well, now I'm 22 and sadly alive :/ it started getting worse in 2017, and skyrocketed at 2020, between the pandemic, the stress from college, and the heartbreak, i was seriously considering the methods. That's when I found SS.

Sometimes i can enjoy life. When I'm drawing, when I'm reading manga, going on a trip, when i stopped thinking about college and the future and shit like that, i have so many things to look forward to. But it's just not worth having to work a terrible job for the next 60 years just to stay alive. I probably don't even have a clinical depression or an anxiety disorder (never diagnosed, didn't go to therapy either), i just don't have what it takes to survive the real world.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and _r1a
Eternal Pessimist

Eternal Pessimist

Student
Oct 16, 2019
About 9 years maybe. With suicidal thoughts and depression in general I feel like I can't point to a single moment when they started. I just slowly became aware that I had these thoughts and that they had been there for some time

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner and draw a circle
Largeletters

Largeletters

Alone
Jan 21, 2020
Since I was 10 years old... fuck... why am I still here?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: deleted, patheticpartner, S like suicide and 2 others
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
I'd talk about killing myself when I was really young (like 4 - 5ish) but probably didn't fully understand what I was saying.

Beyond that, it really sunk in around 11 or 12, so that's been 15 years now.

Like I honestly gave it my best shot but after this long, I'm just tired and want to rest.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and Largeletters
wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
about 25 years

• Hugs
Grant Me Death

Grant Me Death

Grant
Jul 26, 2021
6 years. Since I was 16 or 17.

• Hugs
  • Love
leaf4

leaf4

empty inside
Oct 24, 2020
I wrote my first suicide letter 17 years ago when i was 11, before i tried to ctb by holding my breath. I don't know if that counts as an attempt, but back then i really thought that it would work.

• Hugs
Reactions: halfbloodprince, patheticpartner and Largeletters
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
On and off since I was around 14, so an undetermined percentage of 35 years.

I feel like such a moron now. How do you feel determined to end your life for 35 years and manage to fail?

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, leaf4 and fly away
F

fly away

It’s enough
Oct 28, 2020
Then I'm a bigger moron….50 years.
wait, isn't this my silver anniversary ??!! Does Hallmark have a holiday like….Congratulations on making it through 50 years without
ctb!

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, one.way.out and leaf4
nfives

nfives

Suffer for purity
Aug 15, 2021
Had my first suicidal thoughts with 7 or 6 and my first attempt with 14. So I've been suicidal for 15 or 16 years

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and leaf4
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
Shit, I just realized my first suicide attempt was over 10 years ago, like 12-13 years ago maybe. It's awful to realize that I've been suicidal for so long. And it's awful that I still am.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic and halfbloodprince
H

halfbloodprince

Sep 9, 2021
I have been with suicidal thoughts for 5 years. I am tired, worned out. I cannot imagine me in a ipotetic future, I just wanna end my sufferance. I have no friend… 0. I have been doing in and out from the hospital several times. I am 19 years old, I am gay and from Italy. I don't know how this website works exactly but I need to talk with someone around my age who has my thoughts, so please, if someone read my post, please get in touch with me. It would mean a lot to me, in the meanwhile I wish you all good luck guys.
I wrote my first suicide letter 17 years ago when i was 11, before i tried to ctb by holding my breath. I don't know if that counts as an attempt, but back then i really thought that it would work.
Hi, your post very impressed me. So sad to hear you had your first suicidal thoughts when you were 11.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: demuic
Josh007

Josh007

The number zero is feeling lonely...
Nov 30, 2020
More than a decade. Started after I got bullied. Like the big bang it brought it's own universe. Unfortunately I doubt I'll ever free myself from it. Only money can rescue me from this hole that is the stigmatized life.

Reactions: halfbloodprince
W

wait-for-the-bus

Dec 14, 2021
Thoses thoughts have always been there if feels. Its just the timing of the bus I need to catch that changes

B

Bleak

Student
Nov 10, 2021
Around 20 years now. Definitely comes and goes though.

P

plastictrees

Dec 20, 2021
10 years old. I was bullied and started cutting the same year too. I started saying I wanted to die on the playground and started trying to choke myself while my teacher told me to squeeze harder then later told me there's better ways of getting attention.

Centende

Centende

Dec 18, 2021
at first the thoughts were just that I want to be someone 100% different from who I am but since that is impossible it got darker