Cherry Crumpet

Cherry Crumpet

Hiraeth
May 7, 2018
I seem to get SAMHSA's National Helpline first result about 3x a week - 3x a day when it's bad. Just curious how many times you guys trigger Google. G probably thinks I'm about to take a swan dive off a bridge by now... with all the shit I look up. lol i'd love to see my data profile they have on me

Reactions: Celerity, finalexit, Manaaja and 1 other person
PrincessInWhite

PrincessInWhite

I just want to sell out my funeral
Feb 21, 2019
I switched to duck duck go a few months back for privacy reasons

Reactions: XIII, littlelungs, demuic and 8 others
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
When I search for stuff that is not accepted by society (suicide) I always resort to Tor browser which uses Duck Duck Go as search engine.

Reactions: Manaaja and lobster salad
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
One time I searched for something completely unrelated to death and suicide, I don't remember what it was, but it had nothing to with dying or mental health or suicide or anything. And google still spammed that one mental health add.

I used to use Duck, but then it started to show me bad results too. So I use Yandex nowadays. But of course 99% of my googling is still done with google because unless I'm looking for something controversal, it works really well.

nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019

As you can probably imagine, YouTube was very concerned that I typed "can you help me kill myself" into their search bar.

• Yay!
Reactions: Manaaja
littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
I don't remember the last time I used Google to search for anything other than the news because the privacy is awful.

If I looked up stuff on Google like I do on Duck Duck Go, though, I can only imagine how many bricks Google would be shitting. At the moment on my Duck Duck Go app I have over 25 tabs open... all of which are suicide-related. Whoops

Reactions: Celerity and justsayin