Marco77

Marco77

À ma manière 🪦
Aug 18, 2024
Have you tried full suspension? For how long? How did you feel? How long after did you lose consciousness? Did you regain consciousness while still hanging, or did you fall?

C

ctbsd24

Oct 8, 2024
This is just my opinion based on my research. It's not advice or encouragement or anything.

I have not tried full suspension because that's only something you "try" when you're ready to ctb. If it's done right (i.e., the right rope, a strong anchor point, etc.) it's 100% lethal. Based on what I've read on SaSu, people fail because the rope is too weak and snaps, the anchor point is too weak and breaks, or they don't give themselves enough time and someone saves them.

Reactions: alienfreak and rozeske
U

unknown23

Aug 31, 2023
Suspension hanging not working is mainly user error unless there is intervention from a 3rd party. I have attempted suspension hanging multiple times and not been successful, I have had everything go wrong. This is if I don't count the times I haven't gone through with it because of survival instincts. I have had the Knot around my neck come undone, after putting all my weight on it sometimes I've fell straight down others I went unconscious first. I have had it come loose from the anchor point, and I have had the material snap and wake up on the floor choking on my own blood because my overbite top teeth went into my lip not through but in. Multiple times I have been found so do not know what the outcome would of been if I had more time. Like the previous person mentioned do not attempt full suspension hanging if you don't want to ctb. As if the knot around the neck is correct , the anchor point secure and the material strong and you have enough time it will work. There are of course a lot of injuries that could occur from hanging like brain injury and spinal and neck damage

I don't see a way happening where you would regain consciousness while still hanging , there are instances you could be hanging and not enough force applied that you don't go fully unconscious for a long time . If the rope and anchor point are strong enough then if you went unconscious and no one found you.

That's why I am trying to research methods that don't have the variability of me as you can do it wrong and I suppose luckily for me I haven't permanently damaged myself which is a major possibility. And should be considered if taking this approach.

Reactions: kunikuzushi
C

ctbsd24

Oct 8, 2024
I will add that I don't see how it's possible to regain consciousness during full suspension. As long as your carotids stay closed off you'll stay asleep