Looking
Sep 4, 2018
and will never do it ?? Be Honest

Reactions: DeathBecomesMe, Doctorj115 and VX1
MissLisa

MissLisa

Student
Sep 13, 2018
A few I reckon but they are in the wrong place if they want help.

Reactions: Morning Angel, Ktmnny, xBones and 5 others
BellaKAT

BellaKAT

Student
May 20, 2018
I don't think this is the place for people seeking real help or attention. This is a place for people with suicidal ideation to vent, relate and get advice.

Reactions: RottingFlowerBrains, Kev, Ktmnny and 16 others
jaemus12

jaemus12

Earth’s Parasite
May 11, 2018
I want to die. I really want to. But I'm not sure if I have the balls to do it. I'm not crying for help, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to ctb yet either :( I'm screwed.

Fuck. Everything I've done in life I do a half ass job. Even in death.

Reactions: BaconCheeseburger, RM5998, xBones and 8 others
skitliv

skitliv

Le mort joyeux
Jul 11, 2018
Who knows, but why is this important? Let people be

Reactions: DF90, BaconCheeseburger, NoOneKnows and 20 others
Clover

Clover

Experienced
Aug 23, 2018
A few I've noticed but hopefully they will express this in real life to get the help.
It's not that they shouldn't be here - just that it may be the wrong forum for someone who really doesn't want to die.
Still I'm a fan of information and think having knowledge can't hurt.

Last edited:
Reactions: RM5998, Ktmnny, Hunter and 3 others
Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
there is nothing wrong with venting its cathartic and may save lives its cool

Reactions: DF90, RottingFlowerBrains, RM5998 and 7 others
N

Nofaith

Sep 16, 2018
Help is subjective.

I mean what kind of help?

Help finding a method, help finding someone to ctb with, help getting through the next day or help as in looking for someone to save them?

It's not our place to pass judgement whatever their circumstances. Just as long as they're not an a *sshole to others.

Reactions: DF90, BaconCheeseburger, NoOneKnows and 12 others
P

Phro

Student
Sep 1, 2018
It doesn't really matter whether somebody will or won't ctb. Everybody is here for their own individual reasons. There's no contest about how quickly someone does (or doesn't) ctb.

Reactions: DF90, Smilla, BaconCheeseburger and 18 others
V

VX1

Student
Jun 28, 2018
95%

And the more they build their post count and profile, their 'likes'
Their place in the crowd, their pm chats etc
The less likely they will ever do it.

Reactions: DeathBecomesMe
Clover

Clover

Experienced
Aug 23, 2018
Really VX1? I have quite a lot of posts but it was due to wanting solid information and then time wasting while waiting for N to arrive. Number of likes and Pms has nothing to do with my CTB plan.

Reactions: BaconCheeseburger, RottingFlowerBrains, throwaway123 and 5 others
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
95%

And the more they build their post count and profile, their 'likes'
Their place in the crowd, their pm chats etc
The less likely they will ever do it.

Strongly disagree, Soup Man.

Reactions: RottingFlowerBrains, throwaway123, Ktmnny and 8 others
satou

satou

not yet
Sep 3, 2018
Everyone who posted in this thread will die. And everyone who posted here is still alive at the time of posting. I don't see any difference between any of us.

Reactions: DF90, BaconCheeseburger, RM5998 and 5 others
L

lv-gras

fledermausßßßßßßßß
Jul 27, 2018
Everyone who posted in this thread will die. And everyone who posted here is still alive at the time of posting. I don't see any difference between any of us.

thanks

Reactions: Smilla
Obih

Obih

Sep 17, 2018
I feel like this forum is the last station at this point. Reaching out to people and crying for help only made me realize how inevitable me ending myself is.

Reactions: Strepto, Hunter, solacely and 6 others
Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018
Have torture in brain that feel can't live another minute but I'm in constant altered state like a bad near death experience and terrified of dying that I'm frantic searching for anything that will relieve torture so I can live whilst searching methods how to die. Smh

Reactions: Hunter
M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
and will never do it ?? Be Honest

It's not exactly clear what crying for help even means. You are trying to equate not going through with suicide to crying for help. That is not how that works

Reactions: DF90, NoOneKnows, RottingFlowerBrains and 6 others
bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
Yae this place is after you got help but it doesnt work so you have info on how to off yourself.

Reactions: Somerando
D

Doctorj115

Jul 19, 2018
It depends on what you mean by help. Most people on this forum will never commit suicide. Which isn't a bad thing. I've abandoned the suicidal mindset and decided to live and make the best of things.

As someone on this forum mentioned before, most people who commit suicide aren't browsing through suicide forums. Most of them aren't kvetching about how they have been wronged in life. They just do the act. I would bet that well over half the people on here aren't serious about killing them selves. Which again, is not a bad thing necessarily.

Reactions: RottingFlowerBrains, windingdown, lv-gras and 2 others
N

Nofaith

Sep 16, 2018
I get the feeling that's it more about this place becoming a demented version of Facebook.

But like the previous poster mentioned if someone doesn't go through it's not a bad thing. It is simply their choice at the end of the day. It's all part of being pro-choice accepting whatever that person decides to do.

I would hate to think there was some sort of underlying pressure on here for people to have to ctb.

Reactions: RottingFlowerBrains, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, Somerando and 4 others
blood orange

blood orange

Sep 14, 2018
A lot--are crying for help.

I just see a lot of things that are manipulating or attention seeking behaviors. Like over sharing or seemingly chronically posting about their condition.
I don't really condone it, because the people who engage in these behaviors don't understand the gravity or cause and effect of what they're doing. Although it is easier as a spectator to see what happens. It's hard to look inside ourselves and acknowledge that.

It is therapeutic to vent and confide in others, but people need to be careful of not considering the consequences of purposefully trying to manipulate other people--just to feel heard or cared for. There are lots of kind users on this forum, you'll always be noticed and heard.

Last edited:
N

Nofaith

Sep 16, 2018

I just see a lot of things that are manipulating or attention seeking behaviors. Like over sharing or seemingly chronically posting about their condition.
I don't really condone it, because the people who engage in these behaviors don't understand the gravity or cause and effect of what they're doing. Although it is easier as a spectator to see what happens. It's hard to look inside ourselves and acknowledge that.

It is therapeutic to vent and confide in others, but people need to be careful of not considering the consequences of purposefully trying to manipulate other people--just to feel heard or cared for. There are lots of kind users on this forum, you'll always be noticed and heard.

But what is considered over sharing on a site that is pro choice suicide?

I'm new here so, maybe I haven't been around to see much yet but what is manipulative behavior on here?

Reactions: RottingFlowerBrains, Ben, Somerando and 1 other person
bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018

for me I'm biding time until I get the things I need and for the right timing for ctb. I'm getting desperate though so I might end up doing a drastic ctb soon.

Reactions: Ben, Somerando, lv-gras and 1 other person
DeathBecomesMe

DeathBecomesMe

Student
Sep 9, 2018
It depends on what you mean by help. Most people on this forum will never commit suicide. Which isn't a bad thing. I've abandoned the suicidal mindset and decided to live and make the best of things.

As someone on this forum mentioned before, most people who commit suicide aren't browsing through suicide forums. Most of them aren't kvetching about how they have been wronged in life. They just do the act. I would bet that well over half the people on here aren't serious about killing them selves. Which again, is not a bad thing necessarily.
Did you really just use the word kvetch? That's brilliant. I don't know what you've been reading, are you Jewish or are you jew wise? It's only amongst a certain group that I see the word kvetching being used.

Reactions: Ben and lv-gras
blood orange

blood orange

Sep 14, 2018
But what is considered over sharing on a site that is pro choice suicide?

I'm new here so, maybe I haven't been around to see much yet but what is manipulative behavior on here?
I've made observations of people making beat by beat updates on how they are.
First it's liver failure. Another day it's heart failure. It comes off as really insincere to me, like they're playing up the situation. Or maybe they interpret what is happening to them this way.
Personally, I've seen what is liver failure--it isn't reversible. I can't figure out if they just feel that way, or just want someone to coax them. It reminds me of munchausen syndrome. This always leaves me anticipating a new update.

I try to always take it with a grain of salt.

Reactions: tearsinrain, RottingFlowerBrains and Ben
satou

satou

not yet
Sep 3, 2018
Lots of people turn into hyperchondriacs when stressed. I know I do.

Reactions: Ben and Somerando
N

Nofaith

Sep 16, 2018
I've made observations of people making beat by beat updates on how they are.
First it's liver failure. Another day it's heart failure. It comes off as really insincere to me, like they're playing up the situation. Or maybe they interpret what is happening to them this way.
Personally, I've seen what is liver failure--it isn't reversible. I can't figure out if they just feel that way, or just want someone to coax them. It reminds me of munchausen syndrome. This always leaves me anticipating a new update.

I try to always take it with a grain of salt.

I see. But you know that could be part of their mental condition, to think their organs are actually failing.

It's like some people look at those who self harm and think and think they are doing it for attention, when that is not the case. It's deeper than that. We never truly know what is going on in someone else's mind, no matter how "over dramatic" it may seem to others.

That's not to say there isn't manipulative behaviour going on. On a site with this many users, there is bound to be the odd troll. I just prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt and like you said take everything with a grain of salt.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Ben and DeathBecomesMe
Duqu

Duqu

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
Aug 27, 2018
Did you really just use the word kvetch? That's brilliant. I don't know what you've been reading, are you Jewish or are you jew wise? It's only amongst a certain group that I see the word kvetching being used.
Lol I use lots of traditonal Hebrew words that get slung into the English vernacular even though I'm not Jewish nor is anyone in my family (though my step grandpa (who has since died) was what he called a "recovering Jew") kvetch just being one of them. My brain isn't up for coming up with more but I know there's at least a dozen my family uses regularly.

B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
We are all alive until we are dead. Users should never be shunned away because they are here, crying for help. I'd love to try and give them the help they need, and save their life. If you are not convinced you should die, then I'm not convinced you should either. However, I rarely see anybody asking for anything other than advice and assistance on how to end their life on this forum.

I accept some people don't value life here..but I do, and I think some others do too, even though we want to KTB. I'm personally for saving a life that can be saved, but death is a choice everyone has, and if you choose it, I will support that.

Reactions: St.Jimmy, DeathBecomesMe, skitliv and 5 others
Sayo

Sayo

Not 2B
Aug 22, 2018
This is a pro-choice forum, is it not? I feel the only problems arise if the forum fills with only low quality contributions that drown out serious or useful engagement, or pro-life propaganda.

I think there are a substantial amount of members here who are attempting to decide and commit either way and need the pro-choice space to deal with their thoughts honestly, and some who just want an accepting place to vent in order to cope. Many people will live their whole life, a normal long life, with constant SI—the silencing of that is profoundly sad and I feel deep sympathy for such people, terror of being one, and no wish to shun them. I don't wish the inherent horror of existence I feel on others, if they come here and determine they can live that's also a good outcome.

As for the 'people who commit suicide do it in silence' thing, I think based on what i have read and experienced the relationship there is just that the people making gestures for help are necessarily talkative (attention and assistance are reasonable wants and the stigma of them is probably a factor in how many of the users got here). Many people here seem to have silently attempted, failed due to impulsively choosing an accessible but not good method or being rescued because they thought their friends wouldn't sic cops on them, and come here to explore better options.

Reactions: DF90, Ella Disenchanted, skitliv and 11 others