S

solacely

Apr 4, 2018
Just curious, what do you think the percentage is who actually die by suicide on this website and how many don't go through with it or fail? I just want to know my chances honestly.

Reactions: lv-gras, Comatose11 and Tiburcio
skitliv

skitliv

Le mort joyeux
Jul 11, 2018
Just curious, what do you think the percentage is who actually die by suicide on this website and how many don't go through with it or fail? I just want to know my chances honestly.
30-40%, I just pulled those numbers out of my ass so don't believe me

Reactions: End.of.the.line, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, lv-gras and 4 others
T

Tiburcio

5%

I just pulled those numbers out of my ass too so don't believe me neither

Reactions: lv-gras, Slacker and Comatose11
GodKnows

GodKnows

What lies ahead
Jun 28, 2018
I will definitely kill myself sooner or later.

Reactions: Comatose11
Sidestep

Sidestep

Student
Aug 15, 2018
I feel like the more you post on this site, the less likely you are to succeed lul. But it's probably hard to get a real number since we don't know how many lurkers have succeeded or failed.

Reactions: throwaway123, akosineenee, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 3 others
C

Comatose11

Mage
Jul 26, 2018
Not sure, but probably less than half on this website.

There are different levels of suicidalness. If the survival instinct is a problem (for example people choose partial suspension because they want to be able to back out, other reasons like not having the materials to do full suspension or support are different) or they are worried about discomfort (such as not using hanging because they're worried about 15 seconds of discomfort or not drinking N because it tastes too bad) they are not ready. I think a lot of people on this website are suffering a lot but not quite yet ready to end their lives. And that is okay. I might not be ready myself. But I do remember at one point I just went ahead and made an attempt without any hesitation. My suffering had overcome the survival instinct and I was okay with discomfort if it lead me to my final destination. But the technique was wrong.

This website can definitely be a coping mechanism. People understand. You can vent and get people who support you instead of giving you pro life responses. You can get methods and have that as an option just in case. I think just knowing you're not alone and knowing you have the option and the resources to end it all is very comforting.

Reactions: akosineenee, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, DeepSleep and 7 others
wezel

wezel

Experienced
Aug 14, 2018
Not sure, but probably less than half on this website.

There are different levels of suicidalness. If the survival instinct is a problem (for example people choose partial suspension because they want to be able to back out, other reasons like not having the materials to do full suspension or support are different) or they are worried about discomfort (such as not using hanging because they're worried about 15 seconds of discomfort or not drinking N because it tastes too bad) they are not ready. I think a lot of people on this website are suffering a lot but not quite yet ready to end their lives. And that is okay. I might not be ready myself. But I do remember at one point I just went ahead and made an attempt without any hesitation. My suffering had overcome the survival instinct and I was okay with discomfort if it lead me to my final destination. But the technique was wrong.

This website can definitely be a coping mechanism. People understand. You can vent and get people who support you instead of giving you pro life responses. You can get methods and have that as an option just in case. I think just knowing you're not alone and knowing you have the option and the resources to end it all is very comforting.

You said it all, I can only agree here, thanks !

Reactions: Breelia
A

atwasoa

Aug 5, 2018
Its around %20
Also how much you post thread that higher chance you are not gonna ctb.

Beginner: over 500 thread
İntermed: around 40-80
Pro: dont even have an acount. Just looked to resouces thread and than killed himself

Resource: my ass

Reactions: throwaway123, killmepls, Anarchy and 6 others
C

CRM

Idiot
Jul 13, 2018
Hopefully most of them when it's all said and done. The site hasn't been around for that long, so it's kind of hard to say even if we assume people who stopped posting killed themselves. And most people live with this shit for years before finally taking the plunge.

Reactions: Gabby78, akosineenee, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 6 others