Noct

Noct

L'appel du vide
Sep 1, 2024
So ideally my method would be SN, but I have a lot of concerns about tracking. There's people who I know have had experiences ordering their method and got tracked to their homes and confronted by law enforcement or got psych warded. Considering Im 19, I'm fairly afraid of this outcome. That or my parents opening my package when I'm on break and seeing what the content was (as their no way it's safe to order this to my dorm).

How likely is this to happen? How many people have experienced this issue? Is there ways to prevent this like going with certain providers/sources?

I know im too new to ask for help finding a source, this is not what this is, but I'd love it if I can start planning for contingencies in the mean time.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I think my first question would be how do you know multiple people who have ordered method supplies and have been "tracked"? Is this irl? Suicide is a "relatively" rare event. It seems inplausible to know multiple people who have ordered suicide supplies and been tracked, let alone even one, especially since you're new here. Where do you know these people from? Just need clarification.

And the "tracking" and subsequent visits by law enforcement for welfare checks seemed to have been isolated to a certain provider of SN who is now defunct. It also seemed to matter where you lived.

Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller, Noct and Tony24
Noct

Noct

L'appel du vide
Sep 1, 2024
I think my first question would be how do you know multiple people who have ordered method supplies and have been "tracked"? Is this irl? Suicide is a "relatively" rare event. It seems inplausible to know multiple people who have ordered suicide supplies and been tracked, let alone even one, especially since you're new here. Where do you know these people from? Just need clarification.

And the "tracking" and subsequent visits by law enforcement for welfare checks seemed to have been isolated to a certain provider of SN who is now defunct. It also seemed to matter where you lived.
It's fair to ask for clarification. I guess I perhaps shouldn't have phrased it as I 'know' them as in I 'know them personally' which is not what I meant. Sorry for the confusion. None of these experience are from anyone I've known irl.

I'm on other forum/servers where people have mentioned being tracked when talking about past experiences trying to CTB, as well as I've lurked on the forum for years before joining (as the first time I found this forum I was ~16/17 and underage to make an account) and some people have mentioned under some threads that they were approached by law enforcement after ordering N or SN. Other methods I've never seen such comments except for once.

If this post is not helpful or misinformed I can take it down. I simply felt it was a valid concern to ask first because people could either tell me that no, it's a very rare thing or that it is a greater risk when choosing methods needed to be ordered online.

Reactions: Tonkpils, landslide2, Plato'sCaveDweller and 2 others
lucmucpuc

lucmucpuc

student
Sep 11, 2024
after ordering N or SN.
yeah N is illegal af and people got welfare checks because the main dealer was caught like 2 years ago. N is almost impossible to get now.
And the "tracking" and subsequent visits by law enforcement for welfare checks seemed to have been isolated to a certain provider of SN who is now defunct. It also seemed to matter where you lived
also this.

Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller and Tony24
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
If this post is not helpful or misinformed I can take it down.
Your post is fine. I just needed clarification. If you import something illegal into your country, you are always at risk of customs discovering it and authorities paying you a visit. The SN deal was a bit different bc SN wasn't/isn't really illegal. Most people, at least the ones who reported incidents on here, pretty much came out unscathed. All bets are off for something illegal, like controlled substances or firearms.

Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller
Noct

Noct

L'appel du vide
Sep 1, 2024
Your post is fine. I just needed clarification. If you import something illegal into your country, you are always at risk of customs discovering it and authorities paying you a visit. The SN deal was a bit different bc SN wasn't/isn't really illegal. Most people, at least the ones who reported incidents on here, pretty much came out unscathed. All bets are off for something illegal, like controlled substances or firearms.
That makes a lot of sense. I guess I had assumed with some news reports and scientific studies that are reporting SN as a CBT method, I had assumed it is or would be becoming tracked/illegal as well.

yeah N is illegal af and people got welfare checks because the main dealer was caught like 2 years ago.
Ah that checks out

Thanks for answering my discussion/question both of you. The fact that it's not usually tracked and those who have been haven't had huge consequences is reassuring.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I had assumed it is or would be becoming tracked/illegal as well.
It is in some places, I believe. I wanted to correct the impression that it's not illegal anywhere, if I inadvertently inferred that.

Reactions: Noct and Plato'sCaveDweller
ThatGuyOverThere

ThatGuyOverThere

David Benatar Enjoyer
Apr 25, 2024
This is a fear of mine, that the materials in wish to procure are heavily monitored by law enforcement, so I have decided to buy/rent a P.O Box and purchase things with large period of time between each purchase, as well as using multiple different banking apps with different names and email addresses.

AS the method I intend to use may end up with me, either locked up in a mental health facility of even prison.

Reactions: Noct