Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
It's a large forum so i suppose a lot of people

Reactions: Skathon
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
At least two or three per week on average, plus probably many more who leave the site and do it on their own after learning what they need to know.

Reactions: bubo
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
It's scary how many users that used to be active here are now gone. I don't think suicidality this intense just disappears so when someone stops posting on this forum I put it at 5050 chance that they'll eventually CTB. That's a lot of people.

Salvation_

Salvation_

"Please, finish my story."
Nov 25, 2020
People come, people go. One way or another. As an avid lurker, I've seen people disappear without a word, post their goodbye threads, and a few "I'm leaving this site to improve my mental health" threads. It's a huge variety. I've even seen someone post that they're too much of a coward to ever go through with CTB'ing so they won't come back to the site.

• Aww..
  • Informative
Reactions: Alcoholic Teletubby, Sun_, lofticries and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Even if there was a way to know this I don't think that it's any of our business. Someone deciding to leave this world is a personal decision and it's nothing to do with us whether people actually decide to ctb or not. I very much envy those who have passed away. Death will come for us all eventually so to me it's preferable to exit at a time of my own choosing rather than it being out of my control. Rest in peace all those who are gone.

• Informative
Reactions: Skathon, bubo, outatime_85 and 1 other person
Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
You probably won't get a definitive, accurate number. Is it important?

jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
An antiSS site put the figure at 45 but I'm convinced the number of users who eventually CTB'd is far higher

Reactions: bubo
Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
I joined what seems like ages ago and hop on here again periodically, I'd say every 6 months I look 90% of the people I remember from the last time I look are gone, a good chunk probably for good. Plus all the guests that just use this as a resource.

K

Kbeau

Student
Jan 17, 2021
Even if there was a way to know this I don't think that it's any of our business. Someone deciding to leave this world is a personal decision and it's nothing to do with us whether people actually decide to ctb or not. I very much envy those who have passed away. Death will come for us all eventually so to me it's preferable to exit at a time of my own choosing rather than it being out of my control. Rest in peace all those who are gone.
Well said. I agree. We're all going to die - just a matter of when and how. If someone isn't having a great life and just can't get happy it seems pretty fucking cruel, to me, to force them to live in misery until they eventually die of a stroke or heart attack when they're 85....

niiina

niiina

🌸
Aug 20, 2022
It's impossible to know, but anyway… I'm envious of the ones who ctb

Reactions: Install-Gentoo