Painless_end

Painless_end

Life is too difficult for me
Oct 11, 2019
Either you personally knew them in real life or from this site who committed suicide and you know the exact details beyond doubt.

What methods did they use? How long ago was it?

CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
By the very nature of the site, I would imagine it's unlikely many know each other personally.

Reactions: chuerdhmproton
F

fedupwithlife

Student
Jul 28, 2023
Not suicide but someone i know personally ended up jumping in front of a train because he saw a police officer

• Wow
busybee

busybee

Experienced
Jul 5, 2023
Cousin tried cutting and failed. Immediately after he went outside and took his last train.
He did it right after his gf broke up with him.

• Wow
Reactions: jemetire and GasMonkey
I_want_to_sleep

I_want_to_sleep

Mar 22, 2023
Someone in my class at school killed themselves by injecting themselves with some sort of sheep dye. I've also known a handful of people who've hung themselves.

SenseOfLoss

SenseOfLoss

life could have been so beautiful
Feb 24, 2023
I knew two people personally. One threw himself in front of the train, the other jumped from a skyscraper.
Here on the forum I knew three people via pm who took SN. One of them I know for sure died.
It was heartbreaking to me. And every time I think about it, it makes me cry.

• Love
Reactions: swagattack, rationaltake and todiefor
ddn.ctb

ddn.ctb

Waiting to step off in front of an audience
Sep 9, 2023
I have had two friends. But not close who killed themselves. One hanged himself in his home. The other poured gasoline all over her in her car and set it ablaze

C

CryaSparrow

In the end, it won't matter
Sep 9, 2023
All of them I knew in-person.
Two uncles, both via gun.
And Mark. My friend. Hanging.

lillmonix3

lillmonix3

Death as an end in itself
Aug 14, 2023
One of my friends hanged himself on a nail. I `m seriously, it was a partial hanging . I think he is very lucky because he managed to do it on a nail (though it(nail) was very big and rough).

• Aww..
Letmedienow

Letmedienow

Aug 17, 2023
I have 2 friends who each lost a parent. Ones father shot himself, the others mother OD.

Jred

Jred

Sadness covers me like a blanket.
Apr 26, 2022
Two family members. One hung themselves, the other stabbed themselves in the abdomen and bled out.

• Aww..
Reactions: LonelyKitten
draekmir

draekmir

I rate life 0 stars
Sep 9, 2023
I in no way advocate for this but me and my best friend made a suicide pact in our early teen years. He shot himself in the head right in front of me in his room and then it was my turn but after seeing just how much blood there was I freaked out puked and puked until nothing came out anymore and couldn't bring myself to do that. I had to call the cops and tell them and his parents I found him like that when I came over to play some games.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: swagattack, IfyouareamanWinston, M.O.N and 1 other person
S

Strawberries

Nov 22, 2022
I've known a couple personally.

Most died by hanging (unfortunately I know a few people personally who died by hanging but at the same time I'm glad that they have their peace now), one went into the water completely drunk and drowned (in a lake, it was clear that it was suicide because he left a letter at home), one died by jumping in front of a train, a few died by overdose and one shot himself. Probably I'm even forgetting some that I've just known about because my family knew them.

M.O.N

M.O.N

Aug 9, 2023
three people- 2 shotgun and one SN. first shotgun was back in 2015, second was 2017. SN was 2 months ago.

Borderline

Borderline

Borderline Personality Disorder
Aug 8, 2023
I lost two friends to suicide. One overdosed and the other jumped in front of the train.

BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
Four people. Two by gunshot and two by hanging. I went to one of the funerals.

B

BurningSita

Sep 10, 2023
My stepfather hung himself when I was 7. I hadn't seen him since I was 2 and I didn't remember him, but it was still weird.

My grandfather had a terminal illness. He unplugged every appliance in his house and took all of his morphine.

• Love
Reactions: IfyouareamanWinston
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Either you personally knew them in real life or from this site who committed suicide and you know the exact details beyond doubt.

What methods did they use? How long ago was it?
I know 3 people who ctb. 1 jumped in front of a train, 1 died in their room (most probably hanging or OD) and 1 jumped off a bridge.

Idk if these were ctb but I also know someone who drowned, and one who died of "health issues"

Last edited:
  • Love
Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
I know a guy who hanged himself in the wild and his body was later found. Also another person also hanged themselves.

• Love
Reactions: IfyouareamanWinston and Deleted member 65988
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
I've heard of the odd person I went to school with or friends of friends killing themselves. Hanging seems to be the prevelent method.

Thaneem

Thaneem

Oct 28, 2021
I've known two people personally. One shot themselves with an AR-15 and the other drank bleach (!?).

However, due to my past career, I've seen many bodies post-suicide: shotgun (big chunk of head goes missing), 9mm (tiny hole under the chin - that one probably shouldn't have worked, but it did), hanging (super common), ODs (also common but tough to say which of these were intentional).

The worst one was where the guy slit his own throat. Problem was he missed both carotids and both jugulars. I can't imagine how long it took that guy to die

• Informative
Reactions: IfyouareamanWinston, sserafim and dggtscccvfd
D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
I've heard of the odd person I went to school with or friends of friends killing themselves. Hanging seems to be the prevelent method.
Hanging is very popular in the UK. It makes up 58% of suicides. It's a lot when you consider the popularity of SN on forums like this.

In the USA hanging is distant second to guns with firearms making up 55% of deaths. This, I guess, is less surprising. Americans have access to an 'easy' CTB method, lucky them.

• Informative
Reactions: MatrixPrisoner, IfyouareamanWinston and Old Friend
duwangJEff

duwangJEff

Sep 12, 2023
I had a friend who shot himself a few months ago. It was a bit surprising to me, since he always kept his suicidal ideation to himself. Surprisingly enough, I'm not very upset by his passing. He made the conscious and deliberate choice to go, so I dont feel very upset. Maybe I'd feel different if it was a tragic accident

• Love
Reactions: IfyouareamanWinston and dggtscccvfd
snoot

snoot

Dec 1, 2020
My aunt, she was only 17 when she died. My dad didn't give me exact details but I think she probably hanged herself in the bathroom at a psych ward, they didn't keep a good eye on patients back in the 60s.
My grandmother, I am certain she went a similar way as my aunt.
It's making me think maybe my best method is what they did even though I'm scared of hanging.

SSamGarrison

SSamGarrison

Chickens.
Sep 9, 2023
I have had two friends. But not close who killed themselves. One hanged himself in his home. The other poured gasoline all over her in her car and set it ablaze
She set herself on fire? That's a harsh way to go. Sorry that happened to you/them

• Love
Reactions: ddn.ctb and dggtscccvfd
D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
I have a weird respect for people that go by self-immolation, it's just such a tough method. The pain she must have felt as the flames engulfed her skin. Literally every nerve in your body firing with pain from the heat. It's remarkable anyone chooses that method, but I guess that some people are just so desperate.

Reactions: ddn.ctb and IfyouareamanWinston
Ruma

Ruma

Experienced
Dec 26, 2021
Two friends,one by hanging and the other by deliberate heroin overdose

IfyouareamanWinston

IfyouareamanWinston

Student
Aug 22, 2022
My friend(former friend who stopped talking to me about a year prior to his death) committed early in the summer. I don't know the specifics because his family did not release much information but we had spoken about plans etc and I am very certain he would have done a shotgun. He and I had a different view of things and he did not leave a note or explain anything to his family because I think he mostly blamed himself but he also felt that if the people who treated him poorly didn't feel bad about it when they were doing it there is not point to bring it up once it is too late.

Reactions: dggtscccvfd