Did you use the old r/ss subreddit prior to joining here?

• Total voters
deathbydragon

deathbydragon

take me with you
Mar 17, 2022
I used to be a poster in r/SanctionedSuicide back in mainly 2016. Pre-SN days. Kinda moved on, saw it got deleted in 2018 but by then I hadn't visited in a long while. I did notice it got splintered off with r/TrueSanctionedSuicide, I guess the original got too delete-happy?

I thought life would get better, that didn't work out.

• Hugs
Reactions: Life Is My Coffin, Anon1337, Manaaja and 3 others
☆AwaitingEntropy☆

☆AwaitingEntropy☆

Snuffing the Light Out
Nov 6, 2021
Looong time lurker since reddit sanctioned suicide days/ true sanctioned suicide / and briefly time to go.

Thinking about how many years have gone by with little worthwhile improvement in the quality of my life... Oof. I just wish I could make up my mind already. 🙃

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: offbalance, savoytruffle, xrayyankee and 4 others
J

JustDie

Jun 18, 2018
long time lurker as well. the original got deleted because of reddit
life never got better. i have sn in my hands but.. just don't have the commitment to dying anymore

• Hugs
Reactions: amb.boardman, waitingforrest, Everybody_yells and 3 others
L

lifehurtsuk

Mar 25, 2022
long time lurker as well. the original got deleted because of reddit
life never got better. i have sn in my hands but.. just don't have the commitment to dying anymore
Well where are you based. Give me to me!!! Been looking everywhere

Reactions: Source Energy
that_guy2611

that_guy2611

Student
Mar 17, 2018
yooo old timer here, oh man this question felt like a punch in the gut lol

• Hugs
Reactions: WanderingWater, waitingforrest, ScaredToLive and 3 others
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
I used the subreddit in 2017/2018, was around when it got banned by the reddit police.

• Hugs
Reactions: ☆AwaitingEntropy☆, Circles and onleana
S

silent staring void

Student
Jan 22, 2020
I knew about it but I only browsed it a few times. A regular forum is way better than a subreddit as a format anyways imo.

• Hugs
Reactions: Manaaja, Foresight, Circles and 1 other person
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
I joined the sub late 2016. SN was not a thing.

The forum is much better.

Reactions: WanderingWater
HowNowBrownCow

HowNowBrownCow

Dec 28, 2018
I was on SS from ~2015 up until it was banned

StrangePossum

StrangePossum

Dec 22, 2021
I lurked there in 2017-2018, until it got banned. Sort of forgot about it for a few years, but then I decided to look it up again recently and found the new forum. It's a bit strange to think about, I guess I didn't think I would end up here again...haha. I do agree that the forum is better than a subreddit though, less risk and better format.

• Hugs
Reactions: Manaaja
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
I was a lurker on both but never posted if I remember correctly.

Reactions: Arvinneedstodie
LifeQuitter2018

LifeQuitter2018

Wanderer
Aug 12, 2018
I believe I've known about the sub since 2015.

Reactions: Arvinneedstodie and Manaaja
H

HappyForever?

Love from the deepest dream
Feb 14, 2021
I was a few months too late to the subreddit. I had a long search on the internet about suicide methods before stumbling here by accident.

J

JustDie

Jun 18, 2018
Well where are you based. Give me to me!!! Been looking everywhere
bought in early 2020 before the pandemic. did not open to test the purity yet, but that just means that I can keep it in ideal storage conditions without breaking the seal for longer in case I feel the need to CTB again. it is now outlawed in my country, so my source does not exist anymore. sorry

Reactions: Source Energy
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
Yep I remember the subreddit days, I perused it every day for quite a while between 2016-17, drifted away then later found out about the ban. Was pissed about that till I discovered this place. My passive suicidality mainly dates from 2012 to now. I doubt at this point if it's going anywhere.

• Informative
Reactions: Life Is My Coffin
butterfly3

butterfly3

Student
Apr 2, 2022
not r/ss, but r/suicide watch. it was honestly useless

Reactions: Source Energy and WonderingSoul
X

xrayyankee

Apr 16, 2022
Delete if this isn't allowed.

I used to lurk the subreddit but never posted.

Anyone remember a user called something along the lines of gonenewyears(insert whatever year that was, I forget)
I remember his posts fondly and cried when I read his goodbye.

Angie
☮️

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Delete if this isn't allowed.

I used to lurk the subreddit but never posted.

Anyone remember a user called something along the lines of gonenewyears(insert whatever year that was, I forget)
I remember his posts fondly and cried when I read his goodbye.

Angie
☮️
I remember this user and I think about them often, how they climbed a mountain I believe in their final days and chose to ctb there on new years. They were a very poignant individual and their words have stuck with me throughout the years. It is a major loss that their last writings were removed due to idiotic reddit admins.

• Aww..
Reactions: Forever Sleep
X

xrayyankee

Apr 16, 2022
I remember this user and I think about them often, how they climbed a mountain I believe in their final days and chose to ctb there on new years. They were a very poignant individual and their words have stuck with me throughout the years. It is a major loss that their last writings were removed due to idiotic reddit admins.
I think of them often, too

Seiba

Seiba

Arcanist
Jun 13, 2021
not r/ss, but r/suicide watch. it was honestly useless
Suicide watch gets a lot of visitors who are well meaning but know very little about suicide. "Just be a homeless nomad if you want to kill yourself" is a sentiment I recently saw on there. When the person obviously didn't want to do that the person stated the person had their mind closed off to suggestions.

Reactions: WonderingSoul and butterfly3
deathbydragon

deathbydragon

take me with you
Mar 17, 2022
Are you able to find their posts via this tool?
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...ad-the-old-sanctionedsuicide-subreddit.72795/

O

Orange010

May 1, 2022
I was a lurker on ss and then timetogo. I still visit timetogo, but I'm more active here

freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
Mee. I mostly lurked but it was my most frequented sub for a while along with the dreaded r/depression. I felt bereft when I found out about the ban some time later. Wasn't there when it all kicked off with allegations of promoting violence or some such.

Oh I just noticed I already replied to this thread haha

Last edited:
A

Anon1337

Mage
Oct 1, 2018
I was a lurker on the subreddit for a while. That's how I found this site.

Life Is My Coffin

Life Is My Coffin

One final action ⚰️⚰️⚰️
Oct 13, 2023
It's not gone forever, post is was saved in this site archive
Sorry to necro this thread btw

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I waa active in the beginning in 2014 to early 2016. SN had not been "discovered". Wish it had been though method discussion was not allowed.